The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[signing] CAR signs Bertuzzi to 1 year contract

Will always cheer for Bertuzzi from afar, forever will be one of my favorite Canucks. However, he can never wear the Canuck jersey again simply because of that lawsuit. Sucks that it has to be that way, but "it is what it is"

I see what u did there. +1

And I agree wholeheartedly.

I suspect he may still be playing so that he has something left for his golden years after paying Steve Moore. There's still some gas in the tank but a lot of miles on that body and he'd probably like to retire. Hope I am wrong and he still enjoys playing.

The body has a lot of miles no doubt. But the head has much more wear and tear because of that douchebag you'd like to line up on a fence and...

That'd be cool to see the Canucks sign him after his one-year with CAR is finished. He would be a great mentor for Kassian especially, but also all of the other young, physical talent in our system.

Oh, and who wouldn't love to see big number 44 lace the skates up for our city one last time?

Don't care how much Big Bert has regressed, or about his ridiculous lawsuit. I would LOVE to see Bertuzzi back with the Nucks. Sign the beauty to a 1 year and let him retire here, where he belongs.

Not happening. I'm well aware

Bertuzzi teaching Kassian....

O what could have been...

Bertuzzi mentoring Kassian? Wow, simply wow! Was that sarcasim or serious?

Kassian will be lucky to become half the player Bert was in his prime. What are you talking about?

Edit: I'm a HUGE Kassian supporter. But, Bertuzzi was one of the most exciting power forwards Canuck fans have had the pleasure of watching. The Moore incident I won't even get myself going on. Bertuzzi was, and is an excellent teammate.

Archived