The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players you always group together? Or remind you of each other?

Hank Moody

Do you guys also have any players that no matter where they go, you somehow have learnt to associate them with another player? It may be because of a name similarity, a past line combination anything?

Let me give you an example. Whenever I hear of Devin Setoguchi, I think of Joe Pavelski. To the point of where I have to constantly remember which one still plays for San Jose and which one has moved around the league. Like when people bring up Setoguchi, I think he's still a shark because I get him mixed up with pavelski. I think it's just because of the odd names they had?

Here's a couple more. It's kind of hard to explain but I hope you guys get the idea. Would love to know if anyone is the same!

Whenever I hear of Tkachuk, I think of Roenick and Tkachuk in Coyotes jerseys. This is mainly because in the old old nhl games they were the only two noticeable guys on the coyotes

When I hear of Doug weight, I instantly think of Bill Guerin. I think this has to do with not only both of them being parts of the oilers, but the way they were always used as rental players back in the day. It wasn't a trade deadline unless Weight or Guerin were on the move.

Another one is Barker and Seabrook. I have no idea why but even though it's been years sing rthey played together, that pairing had always stuck to my mind. If I see seabrook on the ice, I still look for barker.

You guys got any?

Archived