The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

Benning is not trading Bo. But he has suggested that the coyotes want a young roster player, top prospect and 1st rnd pick for the 3rd overall

So the question is should we fork up :

Tanev

Virtanen

23 rd overall

For

3rd overall

And finally have a chance to get that elusive franchise Dman ( Hanifin )

Benning is not trading Bo. But he has suggested that the coyotes want a young roster player, top prospect and 1st rnd pick for the 3rd overall

Tanev

Virtanen

23 rd overall

For

3rd overall

Hopefully he's not that incompetent! That's Mike Milbury stupid!!!

Tanev

Virtanen

23 rd overall

For

3rd overall

I would do Tanev, McCann, and our 1st For the 3rd overall and a 3rd/4th rd

The only thing about trading Tanev is we would have no more established NHL Dmen that are in their low-mid 20s's. On the other hand I think Tanev is prone to injury with his style of play.

Benning said he isn't interested in the price for it though, whether that means anything or not is yet to be seen

That is a huge price to pay for an unproven 18 year old.

Are you suggesting :

Kassian

Lack

23rd

Cassels

For 1 of

Barzal/Zacha/Wirienskie

No I was thinking more like:

Two of (Cassels, Jensen, Corrado, Gaunce, Shinkaruk)

Goalie

Kassian

Or

Goalie

23rd

Something like that maybe throw in another pick or prospect to even it out. It also depends if we could get Provorov or Barzal- they would be my targets.

No I was thinking more like:

Goalie

Kassian

Or

Goalie

23rd

Something like that maybe throw in another pick or prospect to even it out. It also depends if we could get Provorov or Barzal- they would be my targets.

are you call me foolish :picard:

Oh, so you would gladly trade:

Cassels

Shinkaruk

Goalie

23rd

for the 10th overall pick eh?

It seems like a lot of what you have said in the past would contradict this.

the only player i have defended are Horvat, Virtanen and Demko, now you are making stuff up to try and make a point again

Edit: to what you say they all suck all the only thing that matter is your advanced stat models

You still haven't provided a solid reason why Strome/Marner is better than Horvat. Potential doesn't count because there are so many holes with the argument it's not even funny

OK so potential doesn't matter? Why don't we just add McDavid to the list of people you think Horvat is better than. Because McDavid has also played the same number of NHL games and has scored the same number of NHL points as Strome and Marner.

With young players, potential is what matters. Marner and Strome both doubled Horvat's offensive production in their respective draft years. Sure Horvat is probably better defensively and he might turn out to be a better leader. But if you are going to try and predict who will be a better/more successful NHLer the odds are on Strome and Marner over Horvat.

Anyway this is rhetorical, I am really not interested in this childish back and forth. I won't be responding or acknowledging any of your posts henceforth.

Archived