The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Bring Back Zack Kassian!

Zigmund.Palffy

Oh wow! Internet tough guy. Please explain how anyone "won" this trade. Really, please go ahead.

Kassian isn't costing us much and has had good spells of bringing quality hockey. Hodgson on the other hand had enough of a good spell to get the big extension and now he's terrible at hockey and is costing the Sabres money. That's a win in my books since it would have been us looking at signing that new contract otherwise.

Now it's your turn. Please explain how both teams 'lost' this trade.

Who woulda thought we'd be missing Kassian as much as we are now

i miss Zack every game he doesnt play and my GF usually plays on the ole ipad if he is not playing lol even my 4 year old daughter just doesnt get into the game as much with no Zack "he came to see us in B.C.C.H so she loves him"

Who woulda thought we'd be missing Kassian as much as we are now

Most knowledgeable fans, he steps up when games get intense and when he's pissed off. Any time someone takes a run at the twins or one of our guys, he's the first guy in to make sure it doesn't happen again. He would have made Ferland his bitch and we would probably be up atleast 2-1 right now.

The reason he doesn't go all out every game is because he's had a bad back for a while, and that latest injury messed it up even more.

Guys like Vrbata are great in the regular season, but not the type of players that thrive in the playoffs. He looks scared every time he gets the puck and dumps it to the net from the halfboards almost every time he has it.

If Kass was playing he would probably be a series changer, they don't have anyone to match him besides Ferland.

Most knowledgeable fans, he steps up when games get intense and when he's pissed off. Any time someone takes a run at the twins or one of our guys, he's the first guy in to make sure it doesn't happen again. He would have made Ferland his bitch and we would probably be up atleast 2-1 right now.

The reason he doesn't go all out every game is because he's had a bad back for a while, and that latest injury messed it up even more.

Guys like Vrbata are great in the regular season, but not the type of players that thrive in the playoffs. He looks scared every time he gets the puck and dumps it to the net from the halfboards almost every time he has it.

If Kass was playing he would probably be a series changer, they don't have anyone to match him besides Ferland.

very well said and totally true!!!! ferlund woulda been put in his place long ago i said after game one OMG WE NEED ZACK BACK!!! dont understand why people hate on him so much i think he freekin awesome on and off the ice

Done for the year. Needs surgery to repair bulging disc in his vertebra

Really!?! If Kassian is done for the year that sucks!

But if this is the case, why do the Canucks have him listed as a "day to day" status on returning (updated yesterday on their injury report)?

If he is done for the year, like the Flames captain Mark Giordano, you'd think the Canucks would officially state it.

Really!?! If Kassian is done for the year that sucks!

But if this is the case, why do the Canucks have him listed as a "day to day" status on returning (updated yesterday on their injury report)?

If he is done for the year, like the Flames captain Mark Giordano, you'd think the Canucks would officially state it.

He's listed as day to day because the Canucks know that the entire Flames team trembles with fear at the very thought of him returning to the lineup. His 6 assists this year show what a fabulous playmaker he is and his TKO over Eager 2 years ago proves that he can pummel anybody into bloody submission. Honestly I don't know why we even bothered to show up for this series without him. We should just forfeit the series.

Kassian isn't costing us much and has had good spells of bringing quality hockey. Hodgson on the other hand had enough of a good spell to get the big extension and now he's terrible at hockey and is costing the Sabres money. That's a win in my books since it would have been us looking at signing that new contract otherwise.

Now it's your turn. Please explain how both teams 'lost' this trade.

They could have traded either player for a prospect that proved useful. ESPECIALLY the canucks when Hodgsons stock was so high.

That wasn't so hard to follow, right?

So Kass gets injured and team toughness all goes down the toilet? Thats a pretty big and bad hole Benning has to fill.

We have maybe 2 guys that can throw hard body checks night after night, after that everyone else is stepping out of their normal comfort levels. I mean, will you ever see 6'4" Matthias step up and throw hard hits - might as well forget about it.

On that note, how good would Dale Weise look right now? He can play on the bottom 6, score, fight, skate like the wind (remember he won that fastest skater on the team contest) and throw bruising hits.

If he truly has a herniated disc, that is really bad news, those can be career ending.

Nothing that surgery, recovery time and rehab can't fix. But you're right. It's a serious injury.

Could very well explain why Kassian had a hard time playing in a straight line and had a hard time laying a full frontal assault on opposing players at times this season. Can't wait to see what a fully healthy Kassian can do. Kid's going to be a monster three months after he's fully recuperated.

He's listed as day to day because the Canucks know that the entire Flames team trembles with fear at the very thought of him returning to the lineup. His 6 assists this year show what a fabulous playmaker he is and his TKO over Eager 2 years ago proves that he can pummel anybody into bloody submission. Honestly I don't know why we even bothered to show up for this series without him. We should just forfeit the series.

Maybe you should go down to the local watering hole again and find out what other people think..then come crying back to us haha.

Nothing that surgery, recovery time and rehab can't fix. But you're right. It's a serious injury.

Could very well explain why Kassian had a hard time playing in a straight line and had a hard time laying a full frontal assault on opposing players at times this season. Can't wait to see what a fully healthy Kassian can do. Kid's going to be a monster three months after he's fully recuperated.

Not to restart the whole debate (and there is a huge thread on it), but I have to laugh a bit as most discussions around Kassian seem to have something along the lines of "can't wait to see what a fully healthy Kassian can do" or some variant. There is this anticipation for Kassian that never seems to quite come to pass (for any length of time anyway).

Archived