The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Bring Back Zack Kassian!

Zigmund.Palffy

I like how people in here have no idea what they are talking about. The problem with Vancouver is so painfully evident it has absolutely nothing to do with size it has to do with speed. In order to win the Canucks have to get their opponents to play their slow style of play. If a team like Calgary doesn't buy into that and uses their speed it causes huge problems for Vancouver because our D is slow our top line is the slowest in the league and our second line is not a whole lot better. Bonino looks like he is skating in quick sand most of the time. The Horvat line is so effective because of how fast it is. They hit they check and they can out skate or are just as fast as any line out there.

Zack is a big guy that can skate. He is going absolutely no where.

Benning went on TSN 1040 and admitted he was working the phones, CALLING other GMs, not receiving calls, trying to trade Zack at this yrs deadline.

I dont think Benning ,Trev and Willie are in love with Zack as his fans are. But hey, dont let facts get in the way.

Yup, it sucks. Would be a much different series but it's still no excuse for the piss poor effort so far.

What a stupid post. Piss poor effort? Vancouver has outplayed Calgary this series so far. They are not showing a poor effort at all, stop basing effort on results. Just like i will try not to base your intelligence on this one post....

Benning went on TSN 1040 and admitted he was working the phones, CALLING other GMs, not receiving calls, trying to trade Zack at this yrs deadline.

I dont think Benning ,Trev and Willie are in love with Zack as his fans are. But hey, dont let facts get in the way.

Funny how you leave out all the other things Benning has said about kassian along the way. And he obviously thinks Kassian is worth something or he would have traded him for bartkowski or some other plug you would have been happy with.

The reality is that this team plays a lot tougher when kassian is in especially when he plays with the Sedins. Anyone who thinks we would be worse off with his skill set in the lineup is just plain dumb.

And I also think linden Benning etc know just how hard it is to find players like kassian even if they take longer to develop. He was one of our best players for a good stretch before his injury and the Sedins played great too. He would definitely make some Calgary players think twice about gooning the Sedins.

Funny how you leave out all the other things Benning has said about kassian along the way. And he obviously thinks Kassian is worth something or he would have traded him for bartkowski or some other plug you would have been happy with.

The reality is that this team plays a lot tougher when kassian is in especially when he plays with the Sedins. Anyone who thinks we would be worse off with his skill set in the lineup is just plain dumb.

Zack playing with the sedins says somthing in its self!!! just saying!!!!

And I also think linden Benning etc know just how hard it is to find players like kassian even if they take longer to develop. He was one of our best players for a good stretch before his injury and the Sedins played great too. He would definitely make some Calgary players think twice about gooning the Sedins.

He leaves a lot of things out to suit his agenda..hate Kassian.

You seem to post a lot about him here, so I think there's something more than just trolling. But maybe not.

I mostly just post about how many pages that his threads get. I don't have much in the way of substance to add to the Zack threads anymore. I only catch about 1 in 4 Canucks games during the season so I don't know him anywhere near as well as I used to. I enjoy the games that I catch when he's playing with the Sedins. All 3 are enjoyable to watch when they are together.

I can't miss his play with the Sabres because they had nobody to pair him with that could compliment his game. I just basically miss having the goofy gorilla in general. He was a man-child who you just had to like as a person.

I don't know why the Canucks can't give a real update on him. He isn't playing so keeping this info from the opponents is useless. The only people the Canucks brass are trying to fool now is their own fans. IT is BS cloak and dagger stuff that shouldn't be part of the game. Fans deserve to know the truth

Deserve, that's rich. What if there was a possibility of him coming back? Why let the cat out of the bag for future opponents to key on him?

Everyone knows its his back anyways. This secrecy serves knows purpose.

The only people that care are Canucks fans so the only people you are hiding this from are Canucks fans.

I'm not looking for a detailed injury report. I am looking for a realistic timeframe

• 3 weeks later...

Bullcrap. Benning stated that he recieved calls from 6 different teams inquiring about Zack. He then admitted that he called 2 other teams inquiring about similar type players. Sounded like he was looking for a center or left-winger with similar attributes. But hey, don't let facts get in the way!!

Backs are tricky. I really hope that young future stars like Zack and Boone Jenner can recover this summer and come back with a vengeance. These types of highly skilled and very gritty guys are crucial to their franchises.

boone jenner did recover.. he played the last 11 games of the season when cbj was all but out of the playoffs already..he definitely wouldn't have been playing at anything less than 90% when the games didn't matter....Zack on the other hand.....

Archived