The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our team is fine. Just no puck luck in the post season..

MaxVerstappen33

Seeing any difference between this teams playoff luck and the teams playoff luck 10 years ago ? There is none. This franchise simply does not get the bounces in the playoffs very often if at all. We got them in 2011 and look at how far it took us. Still lost though of course.

We are a good team. A 100 point+ team. A solid road team. The Sedins played like monsters. Our goaltending was good enough. But when you are fighting against a black hole of momentum consuming bad luck , you will lose in the playoffs every time.

All you have to do is make the show because anything can happen. Thats what they say about the playoffs. Is that not an indictment of the playoffs ? Because it clearly states that you do not need to be the best team. You do not need to have the best goalie. You do not need to have the best PK or PP. You just have to show up and see if you get the bounces.

All you have to do is make the show because anything can happen. Thats what they say about the playoffs. Is that not an indictment of the playoffs ? Because it clearly states that you do not need to be the best team. You do not need to have the best goalie. You do not need to have the best PK or PP. You just have to show up and see if you get the bounces.

This is the most overused and incorrect statement on CDC. Just making the playoffs doesn't mean that anything can happen and our series loss to the flames didn't come down to lack of 'puck luck.' If you think that just making the playoffs justifies everyone and everything on this team then you need a wake up call.

You have to be good to be lucky, we were neither.

Cliche

We were good. You could hear a pin drop in the Saddledome in the 1st period. When hockey was being played, we were dominating.

But What about the 5 iceings in a row ? That is bad ?

what about Ferlund still coming in from Red Deer to make hits ?

This is the most overused and incorrect statement on CDC. Just making the playoffs doesn't mean that anything can happen and our series loss to the flames didn't come down to lack of 'puck luck.' If you think that just making the playoffs justifies everyone and everything on this team then you need a wake up call.

It is used all over the hockey world , not just CDC, because its true.

As most garbage teams like the 04 Flames, 06 Oilers or even Kings show, all you have to do is make it. None of those teams had the slightest hope in hell of winning a Presidents trophy. And I know the PT means nothing except for the fact that it proves which team was the best over 82 games and not 4.

Getting outscored 7-1 after holding a 3-0 lead in a must-win game isn't bad luck. It's bad defence.

Don't kid yourself, this defence was sloppy all post-season and season long, and when you mix that with an injured goalie you're bound to let in goals and lose games. We never had a chance with a Bieksa-Sbisa pairing out on the ice.

Getting outscored 7-1 after holding a 3-0 lead in a must-win game isn't bad luck. It's bad defence.

Don't kid yourself, this defence was sloppy all post-season and season long, and when you mix that with an injured goalie you're bound to let in goals and lose games. We never had a chance with a Bieksa-Sbisa pairing out on the ice.

If this defense was as bad as you are saying, then we do not get over 100 points this season. We do not beat the Kings and Sharks "California teams maaan" into the playoffs.

The regular season is 82 games long. The playoffs were 6 games long. The post season was the aberration. The numbers tell us that.

Seeing any difference between this teams playoff luck and the teams playoff luck 10 years ago ? There is none. This franchise simply does not get the bounces in the playoffs very often if at all. We got them in 2011 and look at how far it took us. Still lost though of course.

We are a good team. A 100 point+ team. A solid road team. The Sedins played like monsters. Our goaltending was good enough. But when you are fighting against a black hole of momentum consuming bad luck , you will lose in the playoffs every time.

I hear what you are saying and although I don't agree with the just show up, I believe there is little wrong with this team that further transitioning and upgrading will not solve.

I agree we didn't get the puck luck but the bottom line is we were 3 up and we should have shut them out. Our D was just not physical enough imo.

Overall I am delighted with Willie's and Jim's first season. I didn't expect to get to the playoffs this year but we did and now I am looking forward to the draft and next season.

I hear what you are saying and although I don't agree with the just show up, I believe there is little wrong with this team that further transitioning and upgrading will not solve.

I agree we didn't get the puck luck but the bottom line is we were 3 up and we should have shut them out. Our D was just not physical enough imo.

Overall I am delighted with Willie's and Jim's first season. I didn't expect to get to the playoffs this year but we did and now I am looking forward to the draft and next season.

There was parts of that game where it was men against boys. And everyone in the Saddledome knew it.

But who was getting late and early period goals from playoff wonder-boys ? Not the Canucks.

Cliche

We were good. You could hear a pin drop in the Saddledome in the 1st period. When hockey was being played, we were dominating.

But What about the 5 iceings in a row ? That is bad ?

what about Ferlund still coming in from Red Deer to make hits ?

We were not good, we made a bunch of hacks on Calgary look good.

benning is building this team and seems he wants to do it through the draft...he picked up some players who are a little further along in their development...i admit it was hard watching our team not being able to get out of their own zone....they will need to fix that with new players or different systems ...but i believe trevor and jim are working on that already...

Anything can happen because you never know what roster is going to step it up and play out of this world in the playoffs (like the Kings). Luck plays a part in a deep run, things like a bounce here or there and injury luck both for your team and against the teams you end up playing. That being said luck had absolutely zero to do with why we lost this series vs Calgary

benning is building this team and seems he wants to do it through the draft...he picked up some players who are a little further along in their development...i admit it was hard watching our team not being able to get out of their own zone....they will need to fix that with new players or different systems ...but i believe trevor and jim are working on that already...

This is a 100+ point team. We won't be getting new players for the sake of new players. Our players are solid.

Not one player jumps out at me that lost his spot on this team because of this stupid Calgary series

Anything can happen because you never know what roster is going to step it up and play out of this world in the playoffs (like the Kings). Luck plays a part in a deep run, things like a bounce here or there and injury luck both for your team and against the teams you end up playing. That being said luck had absolutely zero to do with why we lost this series vs Calgary

Had everything to do with it in this series.

I am proud of our guys. They played like beasts

one hell of a roller coaster show both teams put on for us. i can say i actually HATE the flames now and the refs we wont go there!!!!

It was a roller coaster for sure. The Flames have a pretty good team with an awesome work ethic. Vancouver has some of these elements spread throughout the roster. But the better team one. Sucks!

Lets not forget how much interference Vancouver was not called for in game 6. The refs put the whistles away to Vancouvers advantage overall in the game.

Had everything to do with it in this series.

You're absolutely delusional if you think we lost this series because of bad luck. Not coming out hard in game 1. Terrible defense. Questionable goaltending in game 6. Questionable ice time for star players the first half of the series and a huge portion of the team having almost zero impact or a negative impact on the series and many more things within our control were all reasons why we lost. Luck had literally nothing to do with it.

Edit: Add very questionable linemates for the Sedins to that list too. Many prime scoring chances were wasted on Hansen that probably would have been goals if it was Vrbata.

Archived