The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coffee

LeanBeef

Dont read too far into it. The basic premise of what I said is that I don't like having any sort of vice. I work with people who literally can't start their day without coffee. If your body is going to react poorly when it doesn't have something other than calories or water.. yeah, I don't want that as part of my daily routine.

"Vices" is just a nice way of saying "I lack self control" so you can feel better about your pathetic self without talking responsibility for your actions.

I have a coffee 3-4 times a week. I don't "need"it, I enjoy it.

"Vices" is just a nice way of saying "I lack self control" so you can feel better about your pathetic self without talking responsibility for your actions.

I have a coffee 3-4 times a week. I don't "need"it, I enjoy it.

I'm with you on this. Especially with coffee....it's not like it's crack or something like that, it's literally a drink with a touch of caffeine that tends to give you a bit of a jolt in the morning. Personally I think it's only 'cause it's a warm liquid, and if you are like me and don't eat breakfast it just gets your body up and running.

If it tasted like dirt, I don't think people would be drinking it ;)

I take my coffee black because I think it's delicious. My caffeine dependence started in undergrad when started finding it hard to stay awake in 8AM lectures. When I was writing my 4th year thesis I was having upwards of 8 cups a day to keep me going. The day I handed in my thesis I decided to not have coffee and sleep instead. The headache from the withdrawal kept me from sleeping. I'm never doing that again...I now can go a couple of days without coffee without the withdrawal, I do feel sluggish without it though.

• 1 year later...

finally got an aeropress for christmas. gotta say, made a top-3 best cup of coffee last night and it was all worth it. was using the Holiday Blend from Discovery Coffee (maybe an island brand, not sure).

that said, I will admit that my other top-3 coffee experiences were done with my french press, but still, i've had consistent success with the aeropress, whereas sometimes my french press would make extremely inconsistent cups. and i'm not even much of a coffee snob, so if *i* am able to tell these differences, then that must mean something

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

finally got an aeropress for christmas. gotta say, made a top-3 best cup of coffee last night and it was all worth it. was using the Holiday Blend from Discovery Coffee (maybe an island brand, not sure).

that said, I will admit that my other top-3 coffee experiences were done with my french press, but still, i've had consistent success with the aeropress, whereas sometimes my french press would make extremely inconsistent cups. and i'm not even much of a coffee snob, so if *i* am able to tell these differences, then that must mean something

aerop presses are pretty sweet.  I particularly like how easy they are to clean compared to a french press

Archived