The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game that Almost Never Happened

Time Lord

In case you guys haven't got it by now, I like role madness games :lol:

Sometimes it is hard to balance roles, but I tried my best, and it looks like the faction that was complaining was the one ended up successful.

The way I saw it, mass-claiming wouldn't have resulted in an obvious mafia loss. 

Vig - easy to confirm
Doc - easy to confirm
Watcher - Fairly easy to trust
Tracker - Fairly easy to trust
Role-blocker - hard to trust
Investigator - hard to trust

3 Mafia - all had roles, 2 which can counter claim, 1 which was original
Traitor - can claim regular TP or counter claim a role

Impostor - no reason to help the town

So that makes it 7 TP vs 5 nonTP, with 3 TP that couldn't be trusted for their role-claim.

Couldn't have thought up a role for me :( im hurt 

So about Alflives, I was considering finding a sub for him, but he was being lynched so I didn't bother. I had originally thought that he should be banned from future games, especially because I specifically said before the game in his PM that he must play properly.But then the crazy thought crossed my mind that he got himself lynched on purpose so that one of the mafia wouldn't, lol. It's probably a stretch though, since he never mentioned anything like that to me.

How should he be dealt with?

Also I don't think you guys should be too hard on yourselves for this last round. Everyone did contribute, it's just that BW and Baka were posting more to seem more engaged and less suspicious. 

With that said, only 12 people signed up, and people seem a bit less active than in the past. Last year also around this time of the year, I was able to host a game that sort of brought back the activity in mafia, and that's what I was aiming to do this time. But it doesn't look like the result will be the same, and perhaps it's time for a break. I guess season 8 of CDC Mafia might finally be over...

So about Alflives, I was considering finding a sub for him, but he was being lynched so I didn't bother. I had originally thought that he should be banned from future games, especially because I specifically said before the game in his PM that he must play properly.But then the crazy thought crossed my mind that he got himself lynched on purpose so that one of the mafia wouldn't, lol. It's probably a stretch though, since he never mentioned anything like that to me.

How should he be dealt with?

Nope. He's banned. I was on his team last time and he did the same thing. I don't think he has the mental capacity to play strategically. 

Good game lads and comrades Fetch and Whale. Credit to BW for doing most of the late night thinking after Fetch's death as my brain was almost always half asleep late xD I literally fell asleep early last night and missed when things really got active =O worked out for the good guys :]

Thank you for hosting TL. 

Losing the Vig in the 1st and then the Doctor dying in vein was a pretty decent blow early on.

13 hours ago, Time Lord said:

and GFY

And Green Demon and Kumar!

And WTF is up with only being able to give 1 rep to a person? After I have hearted a post from someone I can no longer give Aladeen love to them again for another post.

Archived