The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What should Nucks do if they get #2 pick in 2016 draft

By sea and land

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Laine has not played in the NHL, against talented, big, and mean players.  He looks like a can't miss, but these Euros who come here without playing in our leagues (college or Jr.) first there is always the chance they will not be tough enough physically or mentally.  We don't know with Laine and Pulijjarvi if they can make it here.  Will they be great like the Twins, or crumble like the guy drafted ahead of the Twins.  I'm guessing they will be fine, but we really have no evidence they can perform on this ice sheet against the extreme checking of the NHL.  I'm moving down unless its first overall.  

I don't think toughness is going to be an issue with that dude. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jakob-chychrun-is-the-best-defenseman-of-the-2016-draft-class/

everyone i know that has a shoulder that pops out is plagued by it. little bit of concern here on chychrun, Benning better do his homework .

Laine is 6'4 and will be fine in the show. some of the euro scouts are convinced he's better than Mathews 

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Laine has not played in the NHL, against talented, big, and mean players.  He looks like a can't miss, but these Euros who come here without playing in our leagues (college or Jr.) first there is always the chance they will not be tough enough physically or mentally.  We don't know with Laine and Pulijjarvi if they can make it here.  Will they be great like the Twins, or crumble like the guy drafted ahead of the Twins.  I'm guessing they will be fine, but we really have no evidence they can perform on this ice sheet against the extreme checking of the NHL.  I'm moving down unless its first overall.  

How do we go about getting both Finns?

That to me should be Benning's main target. 

If we look like sinking to a No1 or No.2 draft pick I would offer our next year's 1st and something current for the No.3 this year. These two players have what it takes to help us win a Cup.

On February 6, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Odd. said:

id draft Puljujarvi easy.

My first choice all day is     Puljijarvi

Tkachuk is too vanilla for me nothing g really stands out safe in name only quality character. If he goes 1 or 2 which I don not believe will happen it does us a big favor is getting g the real game breaker player ,we will have three or four more picks to load up on PMD in later rounds

Archived