4) Anze Kopitar – 93 overall
5) John Tavares – 93 overall
6) Evgeni Malkin – 93 overall
7) Tyler Seguin - 92 overall
8) Nicklas Backstrom – 91 overall
9) Claude Giroux – 91 overall
10) Ryan Getzlaf – 91 overall

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Ah, didn't even think of that. It's all the other factors that tie in to his rating though. That said, Patrice Bergeron should be rated higher if that's the case.

He should be. He had 4 more goals, 10 more points, won 191 more faceoffs and took almost 400 more faceoffs than Toews but he isn't even in the top ten...

Just now, Pears said:

He should be. He had 4 more goals, 10 more points, won 191 more faceoffs and took almost 400 more faceoffs than Toews but he isn't even in the top ten...

Plenty of people would say he's the best 2 way centre in the game, and that's a big part of what has Toews rated so high.

Pretty excited about NHL 17, but I'm dying for GM Connected to come back.

Apparently all EA Sports games are going to a new engine soon, so we might have all the games "reset" back to NHL 15 level again. I'm not sure if I would buy that product again. If they're going to do this they need a 1 year staff boost to get the game to the same level by release.

Well I bought Madden last night and NHL has a lot of work to do to even catch up to Madden in terms of Franchise mode.  I know it's easier to do this in a Football game but they have it where you get real time updates from around the league as you play a game.  This would be a sweet edition for NHL, maybe NHL21 will have it?

Also on the topic of ratings every one should be 10points lower across the board.  If Crosby is indeed the best player in the game he should be no higher than 90.  A rating of 95+ should indicate you one of the best of all time in that category and this is where the flaws come through in terms of realistic statistical performance.   

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I bought Madden last night and NHL has a lot of work to do to even catch up to Madden in terms of Franchise mode.  I know it's easier to do this in a Football game but they have it where you get real time updates from around the league as you play a game.  This would be a sweet edition for NHL, maybe NHL21 will have it?

Yea. I'll be focusing on Madden more this year and I haven't decided if I want to even get NHL 17 yet. 

I pre ordered too get that cool nhl hockey player figure! pretty exited too see who I get!  

Good old benefits of platinum membership. I had no idea the perks lol.  Maybe its standard but i was never offered it last year with an eb gold card.  

On August 25, 2016 at 0:57 AM, Rush17 said:

I pre ordered too get that cool nhl hockey player figure! pretty exited too see who I get!  

I got a world cup of hockey mini stick with my pre order through bestbuy, figure woulda been better tho..

On August 28, 2016 at 1:19 AM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Getting this strictly for EASHL, and if it's crap again this will be the last time for a while that I buy a NHL game.

Wont matter to EA, as they'll already have your money this year. Giving them yet another reason to trod out the same broken game, year after year.

As for me? I bought every NHL game since its inception, except for NHL15 (thank God). While the things I've been griping about for years (GM mode) certainly look promising, I'm concerned that it will be broken, and therefore, empty and hollow. With all the positive changes to GM mode (ticket prices, arena changes, relocation, etc), it is still believed that EA hasn't included the very basic things, like extending a player in the final year of his contract, implementing NTC/NMC, and retiring numbers yourself, I struggle to understand why this is so difficult to implement. And considering those basic things are not in place, I'm questioning whether the changes they did make will actually be flawless.

Hockey Ultimate Team Hero 

Trevor Linden 

The former Vancouver captain is a local legend and is considered to be one of the greatest players in Canucks history. Nicknamed 'Captain Canuck', Linden helped lead the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994 and had his number 16 retired in 2008. He is currently still with the Canucks organization as President of Hockey Operations. Collect items like Henrik Sedin, jerseys, logos and more to unlock HUT Hero Trevor Linden!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrS9q7MXgAAE8Zf.png

Archived