The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did the beta crash or something? I only have the option to play EASHL, and gives me this screen with some Spanish writing on the top:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpCYslXUsAAnuOS.jpg

I wonder if it's closed now because I just get a news screen; no game modes.

21 hours ago, c00kies said:

It's pretty much there by default, though there is a button that says precision. I forget which one it is (maybe R1 or L1), but if you look at the controls for goalies without the puck it should be there.

Couldn't find the goalie controls so that was a waste of a pause, trail by fire I suppose.

17 hours ago, MusclePharm said:

In previous games, you had to hold L2 to move slower. They flipped it around for nhl 17. You move slow unless you hold L2. L2 = move faster.

Ah I see, thanks.  Was hoping goalies would move even slower though.  Anyways I did a little better when I disabled the score clock and just listen to music on my headphones and not my teammates telling me to quit because the other goalie left after 2 goals.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Did the beta crash or something? I only have the option to play EASHL, and gives me this screen with some Spanish writing on the top:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpCYslXUsAAnuOS.jpg

5 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I wonder if it's closed now because I just get a news screen; no game modes.

They extended Beta until August 8th, 10am according to their twitter so it might be down for a bit.

21 hours ago, Incursio said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the beta so far?

Eashl is improved quite a bit. They need to fix the goalie interference calls but it overall it feels a lot smoother. Hut is awesome. Not a copy and paste job most games have been in the past. Some people dont like the slower gameplay but i feel it makes the user make real hockey plays to get into the zone rather than just sprinting in with one guy.

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Or find a way to take it out of the game. The last three games that's mostly what eveyone tried to do. 

I get where your coming from. However, fixing one thing opens up another. There is no organic AI so people will always find a cheese. I dont think any shot shot be conpletely impossible to score so the best solution in my opinion is to tune up goalies or make the players worse.

4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

The problem I've seen the most of is own goals.

The AI D turn the puck into the net pretty often. It happened 3 times in 1 game last night. 2 of them were my team's AI D, and the other was the other team's.

Is this in eashl?

Well now that Beta is all but over I can safely say NHL17 will be another disappointment.  EASHL will be as boring as ever, there is no progression worth wild and getting into games will take even longer.  I don't play HUT for obvious reasons so I don't care about any improvements to that mode.  Be a Pro will have the same glitches I reckon.  I doubt they'll work on the draft and what actual requirements allow you to get drafted 1st overall.  Be a GM mode doesn't seem to have any improvements the gaming community have been clamouring for.  Yet I'll still buy this crap game lol. 

NHL 17 has 19 cities that you can relocate your NHL franchise to in franchise mode.

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Halifax
Hamilton
Hartford
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Portland
Quebec City
Salt Lake City
San Diego
Saskatoon
Seattle

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

NHL 17 has 19 cities that you can relocate your NHL franchise to in franchise mode.

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Halifax
Hamilton
Hartford
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Portland
Quebec City
Salt Lake City
San Diego
Saskatoon
Seattle

I love the fact that they want to stay true to life and include cities that have no business having an NHL team. Hell yeah, hockey in OKC! 

Let's just hope "Bombers" isn't a name you can pick for your team....

Played two games last night...some thoughts

- won both games (5-1 in Versus) and (6-1 in HUT)

- easiest way to score seems to be a point shot with a screen set up in front of the net or simply shooting top left 

- penalties mostly tripping or slashing like always

- goalies should be better

- gameplay seems a bit slower (like that)

- defending is simply throwing a huge hit with preferably a big/strong player (ex. Chara, Kronwall, Ekblad, Barkov)

- in HUT I basically stacked my team by searching buy now (100 coins max.), ended up with (Chara, Kronwall, Tarasenko, Simmonds, Rielly, Byfuglien [special card]) to name a few

- ^^^by doing that it seems to me that HUT teams will be OP with big/strong players...hit everything rather than actually defend

On 8/6/2016 at 1:50 PM, MusclePharm said:

Eashl is improved quite a bit. They need to fix the goalie interference calls but it overall it feels a lot smoother. Hut is awesome. Not a copy and paste job most games have been in the past. Some people dont like the slower gameplay but i feel it makes the user make real hockey plays to get into the zone rather than just sprinting in with one guy.

I agree that EASHL is a lot better, I only had a game or two out the 40ish I played with noticeable lag. That was my biggest problem with 16. 

Archived