The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

dubby 2nd straight shutout  ....some other players still have to step up though

we may will be activ on the market for 1 or 2 cheap nhl defenders in november 

not sure when john merrill will return and frank corrado is a longtime scratch , se we are playing with kinda 4 active defenders.

no panic button yet  , we l ltake a further look at this situation for the next 2 weeks 

slideshow_1002130658_wrestlemania.0403i.
the ROCK                                                    OCTOBER 28, 2016, 11:05 AM

The MILLIONS are calling for GM Apollo's resignation in Nashville.

The Preds once again sit 3rd last in the league with 2.84FP/G. To make matters even worse, they are DEAD LAST in the Central with 2.84FP/G... the next closest team is already at 3.22.

The people of Nashville simply deserve better. This Lunatic Fringe is burning the team to the ground. With boneheaded move after boneheaded move and absolutely no regard for their future. 

This guy has a bigger ego than Donald Trump. Although I'm from California, I'm a huge Preds fan and had extremely high hopes after last years run to the West Final. I hate to see this man crush our team.

I can name numerous poor decisions.... which prove that he should be fired. 

1. Had 2 contract negotiations and instead of re-signing Vanek who could have been had for dirt cheap at the time, he reportedly opted to use them on Tyler Johnson & Nick Bonino. Both of whom, he has failed to re-sign and both of whom have had miserable starts to the year and are playing with no confidence... likely due to how negotiations went. With Thomas producing at a god like rate, there's no way he'll get the same value again. Not to mention, another UFA in Cal Clutterbuck who is all heart and soul and could rock BOTTOM anyone on any given day. The man has dished out 32 hits already!

2. Swapped 1st round picks with the Jets who are running away with the president trophy... they currently have colossal 150 point advantage over the Preds. GM @oldnews cashed in on making a deal with a lunatic, plain and simple. 

3. If burning a 1st rounder wasn't enough, he gave Teemu Pulkkinen an outrageous contract and lost a 2nd rounder as well. Teemu has produced 0.94fp/g and is taking up 2.25mill... locked up until 2020. 

4. Traded the pick that landed Clayton Keller for the Coyotes in a package that landed him Jared McCann... who is having a miserable season at 0.50fp/g... Clearly taken advantage of once again... this time by GM @thejazz97

5. Who else did he trade for? Jimmy Hayes... who is matching Jared McCann's production @ 0.50fp/g

It's plain and simple... Apollo needs a 1 way ticket out of Nashville. 

6 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

@apollo I hear Calgary is hiring if you're feeling disgruntled :P 

That's a great team to take over but I'm way too attached to mine lol.... probably one of the best teams we've had vacant in a while... the GM that takes over will have a great team for years to come and lots of cap space to play with. 

Also... in response to The Rock... he can shove it and go back to being cut by Wally Buono. Everyone knows he's a poor mans Triple H. 

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg

small.png  To STL: Colin White, Andrew O'Brien, 2018 3rd (PHI)

small.png  To CHI: Olli Maatta ($2.5 million salary retained for 2016/17 season only)

The Chicago Blackhawks would like to wish departing players Colin and Andrew the best of luck with their new team. Despite not playing a single game for us, it was gut-wrenching to have to let such prospective talent go but was necessary to acquire the player we were after to help us now. We'd like to thank GM@LilBurrows for the negotiations that resulted in benefit to both clubs.

We welcome Olli to our team and believe that although he is off to a tough start, is a young, promising defenseman that we are excited to supplement our top-shelf defense corps with.

Thanks as always to Commissioner @Master Mind for processing this trade :) 

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg

small.png  To WSH: Cody Eakin (40% salary retained for 2016/17 season)

small.png  To CHI:  2017 1st (WSH) Pick has top 10 protection. If the pick is kept, Mikhail Sergachev is dealt instead.

This was another tough deal to make, the Chicago Blackhawks are high on Cody Eakin and we know he'll be a gem for the injury-depleted Capitals at a discounted salary. Due to our previous acquisition Cody's salary had to be addressed.

We thank Cody for his time with our team, a player who also didn't see a game with our team, and thank GM@Jam126 for the negotiations and Commish's @Master Mind and @Captain Azzy for their insight with and overseeing of this transaction.

It's still early @apollo.

No one in their right mind would use a negotiation on that floater Vanek over TyJo or everyone's favorite elite hero, "I need Bonino".

Canner will pick it up eventually - he's probably just overwhelmed by all the weight he put on and the expectations of the analyticzz gooroos who thought he's as GUD as Eric...That's a lot of pressure.

That Pulkkinen one though - that's tough to swallow when he fell so far down the waiver wire, and then waived again, and it's likely that not a single team will show interest - (especially after you railed on GMJB for failing to pick him up).  Ouch.

I feel bad.  We could trade back our 1sts if you want.

The Boston Bruins would like to terminate the contract of D James Wisniewski.  @Captain Azzy  @Master Mind

Signed with Admiral Vladivostok of the KHL.  Confirmed transfer as of Oct 29 >  http://www.eliteprospects.com/

We'd like to thank James for his service to the Bruins and wish him the best health good borscht can buy!

Image result for beet soup borscht

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The Boston Bruins would like to terminate the contract of D James Wisniewski.  @Captain Azzy  @Master Mind

Signed with Admiral Vladivostok of the KHL.  Confirmed transfer as of Oct 29 >  http://www.eliteprospects.com/

We'd like to thank James for his service to the Bruins and wish him the best health good borscht can buy!

Image result for beet soup borscht

Done. That's quite the boost to your cap space!

Archived