The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

He's saying all the write things and he's walking the walk, and he seems like a real character guy on top of that. The more I learn about him the more I like him.

Hopefully he rips it up at the world juniors!

He won't, but you're going to see a fantastic, tenacious, gritty center - who will lead the team off and on the ice.

(he will put up points don't get me wrong)

I wouldn't be surprised if he was Canada's best player by the end of the tournament. Drouin is real good, but coming off a concussion isn't easy. If I was Sutter I would put whoever is going on that day with Bo in the third. Hopefully we will see him and Shinkaruk on a line at some point.

Bo got the assistant captain already for people who are about to panic

I assumed that it was obvious that Horvat was sitting out because he was already a lock. But it is nice to know he will have the "A".

It seems to me that you could make a case for him as the OHL MVP this year. London is obviously one of the two or three top teams and no-one is more valuable to his team than Horvat. He was the top scorer on the team before leaving for the Junior camp), and was also the top shutdown guy and very good on the PK (as well as the PP). He is regarded as the best face-off man in the OHL and the probably the best defensive forward. And he has the strength and toughness to contribute to the physical game. He is also a leader on and off the ice and does not take many penalties. And he is very consistent and a smart player.

Bo played centre between McDavid and Sam Reinhart today. Sutter is going to try and keep those lines together to create some chemistry before Fridays game apparently. Not sure where Shinkaruk was practising, Drouin moved to Petans Left wing with Lazar on the right I think.

Edited by Derp...

You are both wrong.

There is no way an inexperienced center will be used over Kesler down the middle.

not right away, but with the right wingers with him, i see no reason why he wouldn't gel with them. certain players will adapt to whatever situation they're put in, and he's really at the glass ceiling waiting to shatter it