The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Inside of T-Mobile Arena

13 hours ago, Kakanucks said:

Could still easily have billboards and banners saying "NHL is coming soon" or some sort of teaser.

There are two billboards on our major freeways one on I-15 southbound and US-95. 

Plus, it's still early and I'm sure there will be more advertisements once the name is official. 

The official name will be released around September to October. 

On 8/2/2016 at 0:49 AM, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

The arena looks great! And yeah I like the Dark Knights better than the Black Knights but I think they should make it one word. Ie. Aces, Vipers

On 8/2/2016 at 7:05 AM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Dark Knights is a dumb name for a Hockey team IMO...   :picard:

I think the Aces would have been a lot better (the concept I saw was centered around aviation instead of gambling to appease the league conditions). 

It's a corny reference to gambling, but they should really go with Aces. The aviation theme could be pretty cool (like the aviator Johnny Canuck logo).

On 8/2/2016 at 0:26 AM, Crimson-JH said:

I returned from touring the new T-Mobile Arena, home of the new NHL expansion team.  I have to say this arena is really snazzy and cutting edge!  The Hyde lounge is really unique and an upper class Vegas-style bar area. 

I was chatting with the arena security staff member mentioning the official team name will be the "Dark Knights." Instead of "Black Knights" (due to legal issues)... I am not keen on the name at all, even using the "Knights." First thing comes to mind is Batman... I don't know how are they going to get out of that? I just wish they drop the "Knights" for good and come up something better that is part of the Nevada culture. Seriously, Las Vegas isn't West Point...

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to share and here's some photos of the arena with the ice.

Edit: I'm having trouble uploading photos from my phone. I will post it again on here shortly when I have on a photo-sharing site.  

imgurl

I took a weekend trip to Vegas and went to the arena but I only looked around outside and I didn't know there were tours. How much was it? How long?

On 02/08/2016 at 10:49 AM, Fanuck said:

I did a rafting trip there down the Grand Canyon last month,  my guide already had his deposit on a pair of season tickets. 

People know about the team and are excited. 

I wonder how much the deposit was for season tickets.

On August 3, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

I took a weekend trip to Vegas and went to the arena but I only looked around outside and I didn't know there were tours. How much was it? How long?

It was open for public for free. 

Only thing I didn't see is the locker rooms, it's still under construction 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:28 PM, IbanezRG said:

The Las Vegas...

ROAD RUNNERS.

Has potential.

image.jpeg

Probably quickly become the ROAD KILL.

Prefer dangerous, native to the area creatures like:

Lions (mountain lions, cougars we call 'em here)

Bobcats

Scorpions

Bighorns (bighorn sheep; state beast).

Obviously I prefer names that don't make the players sound "goofy".

Somebody asks the player, what are you?  I'm an Avalanche, I'm the Heat, I'm a (Maple) Leaf, I'm a Storm, I'm Lightening, I'm a Duck, I'm Wild, etc.

Just sounds stupid, imo.

Of course all the great gambling names are barred.

Like the Vegas Odds.  ("I'm an Odd" still doesn't work for me.)

Las Vegas Losers.  (That's 'what happens' in Vegas.)

The Vegas Vig.

Las Vegas Hookers.

etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived