Sign in to follow this  
Nail

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Recommended Posts

Although the injury to Frank Vatrano was a bummer, it doesn't look like the Kings are going to have any trouble filling his spot. There are a few prospect forwards in the organization making a strong statement this preseason:

 

Kenny Agostino

Kenny is tied for the league lead in preseason scoring, with 6 points in 4 games. He's been defensively responsible too, with a +4. The RL Blues have an extra spot to fill with Sobotka bowing out again, and Agostino is making a case for it.

 

Kevin Labanc

Last year's OHL scoring leader has 2G, 2A in his 3 preseason games, including 2 PPP and a GWG. With Timo Meier getting mono and being out for October (at least), Kevin has a decent shot at starting the season with the Sharks.

 

Danton Heinen

Danton has been consistently excellent, scoring a goal in each of his 3 preseason games, and sitting at +5. He looks like the guy who will end up filling in for Vatrano IRL, as he has been earning rave reviews from both the fans and coach Julien.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

 

I can understand your frustration and maybe some wording should be introduced in the rules, all I saw was the reminder from the last thread:

 

REMINDERS:

 

1) Today is the last day to designate players for ELC slides.

 

2) All players who are waiver eligible in the minors will be placed on waivers tomorrow (or whenever I can get to it). If you have any players down there who you don't want to be placed on waivers, I advise you call them up ASAP.

 

3) @Tony Romo and @inane are the only teams without a compliant roster, however some teams don't have a full 23 man roster. The full list of teams can be found here: 

 

Yep, I am not mad about losing him - it's 100% on me.

 

But I did read the rules a few weeks ago, and thus didn't worry about making the move. 

 

IMO - needs to be some sort of wording or added to list of dates.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

complex situations with rieder and trouba IRL

 

rieder (or better rieder´s agent) and the yotes didnt came to an agreement cuz of a difference  about freaking $ 300 k. 

 

trouba wants out of winnipeg ..still no new contract 

 

i hope both issues will be solved until lthe season starts cuz both are future corner stones for the hawks

 

worst case if rieder really signs in russia 

 

did anyone heard anything about boyes???? 

 

Worlds-Smallest-Violin-Cover.jpg

 

...Not making fun of you, Bombastik. That's just an actual still of what Johnny Gaudreau is doing right now.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, D-Money said:

 

Worlds-Smallest-Violin-Cover.jpg

 

...Not making fun of you, Bombastik. That's just an actual still of what Johnny Gaudreau is doing right now.

 

 

 

Nobody will feel bad if your team happens to "crash and burn."

 

 

IMG_0497.GIF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8308304.jpg?1410967658

 

Matt Hoffman - Ryan Getzlaf (A) - Marian Hossa

Eric Staal - Mikko Koivu (C) - Chris Stewart

Brett Connolly - Daniel Winnik - Justin Williams

Scottie Upshall - Derek MacKenzie - Lee Stempniak

Chris Kelly, Logan Shaw

 

Sami Vatanen - Victor Hedman (A)

Brendan Smith - Johnny Oduya

Yannick Weber - Kris Russell

Steve Santini

 

Petr Mrazek

Semyon Varlamov

 

 

Spoiler

Seth Griffith - Tyler Pitlick - Colton Sissons

Justin Dowling - Wade Megan - Luke Gazdic

Colin McDonald

 

Matt Tennyson - Dylan DeMelo

Nate Prosser - Logan Stanley

Chad Ruhwedel - Martin Gernat

Jack Glover - Jonathon-Ismael Diaby

Ivan Chukarov - Marc Fistric

Chris Summers

 

Edited by Master Mind
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharks are still open for business. Looking to trade picks/prospects along with roster player for an upgrade at a similar position.

 

I believe this team is capable of challenging for the division title. If anyone else doesn't want to see @D-Money win it again, we should get in touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Sharks are still open for business. Looking to trade picks/prospects along with roster player for an upgrade at a similar position.

 

I believe this team is capable of challenging for the division title. If anyone else doesn't want to see @D-Money win it again, we should get in touch.

 

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have given him 2 guys from Tampa Bay and Washington :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

 

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have given him 2 guys from Tampa Bay and Washington :P

You could balance it out by giving me some from those teams ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Master Mind said:

Sharks are still open for business. Looking to trade picks/prospects along with roster player for an upgrade at a similar position.

 

I believe this team is capable of challenging for the division title. If anyone else doesn't want to see @D-Money win it again, we should get in touch.

 

I got my Presidents Trophy already. Since then I've added Letang, Killorn, and Williams - and probably gave up some regular season points in the process. Cup is all that matters this year.

 

...So on that note, L.A. is always interested in acquiring playoff players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

 

I got my Presidents Trophy already. Since then I've added Letang, Killorn, and Williams - and probably gave up some regular season points in the process. Cup is all that matters this year.

 

...So on that note, L.A. is always interested in acquiring playoff players.

 

So what I'm hearing is that you have no use for Gaudreau. He won't help you come playoff time :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

 

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have given him 2 guys from Tampa Bay and Washington :P

 

I wouldn't be surprised if you get more regular season points out of Nelson/Hossa than I get from Killorn/Williams.

 

Both SJ and Anaheim have made some big improvements, both are serious challengers. Vancouver is solid too - now that they have an active GM they will probably be in the hunt too. It's going to be tough to repeat...especially if Gaudreau holds out for an extended period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

So what I'm hearing is that you have no use for Gaudreau. He won't help you come playoff time :P

:lol:

 

I actually put Gaudreau's name out there last deadline, but did not get a good enough offer. Could happen again this deadline, if Calgary isn't a playoff team.

 

Hell, I've even talked with one GM about a potential deal now. So if you really, really want him feel free to knock my socks off. But I'll probably want to see how the Flames do with a real NHL coach and goaltender before I make a longterm decision like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D-Money said:

 

I wouldn't be surprised if you get more regular season points out of Nelson/Hossa than I get from Killorn/Williams.

 

Both SJ and Anaheim have made some big improvements, both are serious challengers. Vancouver is solid too - now that they have an active GM they will probably be in the hunt too. It's going to be tough to repeat...especially if Gaudreau holds out for an extended period.

 

Yeah, you earned those 2 guys. I knew what you were trying to do when you came for Williams right after Killorn. Sucks for me because Tampa and Washington both have the potential to go far, but I needed the prospects/roster spots. I think we both got we wanted when it was all said and done.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

 

Yeah, you earned those 2 guys. I knew what you were trying to do when you came for Williams right after Killorn. Sucks for me because Tampa and Washington both have the potential to go far, but I needed the prospects/roster spots. I think we both got we wanted when it was all said and done.

 

It's tough to say who will do what, but Tampa and Washington are probably among the safest bets to go deep.

 

Then again, I bet @JE14 had thought about trading Burns for a "better playoff player" sometime in the last year or two. Then he suddenly exploded as the highest producer of last postseason. So giving up a more valuable player for someone on a certain team can come back to bite you...like when I traded a struggling Craig Smith on a slumping Nashville team for impending UFA Tomas Plekanec...:picard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

 

It's tough to say who will do what, but Tampa and Washington are probably among the safest bets to go deep.

 

Then again, I bet @JE14 had thought about trading Burns for a "better playoff player" sometime in the last year or two. Then he suddenly exploded as the highest producer of last postseason. So giving up a more valuable player for someone on a certain team can come back to bite you...like when I traded a struggling Craig Smith on a slumping Nashville team for impending UFA Tomas Plekanec...:picard:

 

Don't forget about your return for Plekanec either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

 

Don't forget about your return for Plekanec either.

 

Nah, rather chat Parise... ...how's he doin lately?    :bigblush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can all agree that, while I made some great trades to bump my team from 7th worst to 3rd best, I also made THE WORST trades as well. Case in point:

 

After two separate trades to shed two awful contracts, I traded, Travis Zajac, Mattias Janmark, David Clarkson and Ilya Sorokin for a 5th round pick

 

Then to make matters worse, I traded Brayden Schenn, Madison Bowey, Nicklas Grossmann, and Jan Kostalek for half a season of Brent Seabrook and Colton Sceviour.

 

:picard:

 

I don't care how many good trades I made and how many prospects I pat myself on the back for drafting/signing, those were real bad.

 

EDIT:

 

Oh yeah, and this beauty to Mimerez at the deadline

 

To CAR: Dennis Rasmussen

To BUF: Paul Byron, MTL 2016 3rd Round Pick, CAR 2016 5th Round Pick, NSH 2016 5th Round Pick, CHI 2016 5th Round Pick, CAR 2017 4th Round Pick

 

:wacko:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, inane said:

I can wait till before the 12th to finalize roster yeah? 

 

Yes you may, but may just make things a bit harder on me for inputting things into Pickup.

 

13 hours ago, BM24 said:

What is waiver order right now?

 

Reverse order of last season, list re-sets every July 1. However, Chicago actually claimed Andrew Cogliano on July 4th, so they are now at the bottom of the list.

 

11 hours ago, Squeak said:

Rules do not state that a player will automatically placed on waivers - might want to add that so its clear.

 

This is my apologies, I had thought I had something in the OP about this, turns out I did not. I did my best to try and remind the thread, however I will still take the blame for this!

 

I will add something to the OP for this ASAP for future reference.

 

8 hours ago, theminister said:

Waiver Claim: The Oilers claim Yohann Auvitu. 

 

 

@Nail Your post says we are not compliant but having smaller than 23 players is allowed, no?

 

Do I have create cap space right now to claim the above player!

 

Yes you are allowed less than 23 players, that list is more of a reminder to myself to add a "Dummy Player" to your teams Pickup roster just in case you do decide to carry 23 players at any point during this season.

 

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

CS posted in the old thread - he found an old Bukarts / Bukharts trade.

 

This will still be able to go through, it involves the Bukarts drafted in 2014. The one drafted in 2015 is now void, and Colorado will receive a compensation pick for that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nail said:

This is my apologies, I had thought I had something in the OP about this, turns out I did not. I did my best to try and remind the thread, however I will still take the blame for this!

 

I will add something to the OP for this ASAP for future reference..

 

It's no worries - I was just annoyed at myself for missing it.

 

But I do think it's something that would be helpful to see, as the current wording makes it seem like the players are fine there as long as it's before Oct 1.

 

Good luck to Auvitu in his new home - can hang my hat on 'finding him' first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.