The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1000 PTS. Are U Kidding Me...

hearditall

12 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Who would have thought that both you and the little girl with the sign at tonight's game would both spell his name Henrick. The girl gets a pass but I have a feeling that you're not 6 years old. 

The little girl added the C for Captain, O my Captain!

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't ask me how I know this, but Henrik has now scored more points than any player to ever wear a Maple Leafs uniform. A few ex-Leafs scored in excess of 1000 ponts, but played for other teams before or after playing in Toronto. Nobody who has ever played for the Leafs has scored 1000 points as a Leaf. Makes Henrik's (and soon Daniel's) accomplishments quite remarkable.

Wow that is pretty unreal, thanks for sharing that great tidbit.

It truly could not have played out much better - Hank, Danny, Eagle all on the ice - and Lu in net for the Panthers.  Only thing that may have made it better(for me) would have been Burrows on the ice with them when Hank scored. But I also realize he wasn't their only winger over the years.

Congratulations to Henrik

Yep - you're gonna be missed (and  Danny to) when you retire

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't ask me how I know this, but Henrik has now scored more points than any player to ever wear a Maple Leafs uniform. A few ex-Leafs scored in excess of 1000 ponts, but played for other teams before or after playing in Toronto. Nobody who has ever played for the Leafs has scored 1000 points as a Leaf. Makes Henrik's (and soon Daniel's) accomplishments quite remarkable.

Sundin had his points (987) in 981 games as a leaf. Not so remarkable in comparison is it. Not to take anything away from the Sedin brothers but to basically say they are better is wrong. 

His brother should soon join him in the 1000 point club.

Two HHOFers (though they might not get in on the first opportunity given the limited slots available each year).

Don't bother quoting players such as Doctor Recchi (who has 1500 points) & isn't in the HHOF.  Recchi was a quality player but his numbers were inflated by playing a number of seasons NOT in the 'dead puck era'.  Look at Bernie Nicholls as another example of a player playing in a era where their point totals were inflated.

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Sundin had his points (987) in 981 games as a leaf. Not so remarkable in comparison is it. Not to take anything away from the Sedin brothers but to basically say they are better is wrong. 

I did not claim that the Sedins are better than Sundin. I merely pointed out a statistical fact that I thought would be of interest to Canucks fans. If it makes you feel better, Sundin had a more productive overall career, and I greatly admire his talent, his character and his accomplishments. I just found it startling that a 100 year-old franchise had never had a player score 1000 points while wearing the Leafs uniform.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

I did not claim that the Sedins are better than Sundin. I merely pointed out a statistical fact that I thought would be of interest to Canucks fans. If it makes you feel better, Sundin had a more productive overall career, and I greatly admire his talent, his character and his accomplishments. I just found it startling that a 100 year-old franchise had never had a player score 1000 points while wearing the Leafs uniform.

And likewise this is what i did, i wasn't sure you were aware of it because you said "Makes Henrik's (and soon Daniel's) accomplishments quite remarkable." 

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

For a LONG while, I *think* Vaive was their only 50 goal scorer.

25 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I don't believe the comment was aimed at Sundin vs Sedin, it has more to do with the franchise in Vancouver being able to keep their relationship with the Sedin's healthy for so many years. Sundin left the Leafs for his own reasons, loyalty would have been a big consideration but it did not hold up when push came to shove. 

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Well said bud. 

Its really sad to hear some of the comments aimed at the Sedins at times. Their hockey sense and ability will be sorely missed once they hang up their skates... big time...

A huge congrats to Henrik on this milestone, followed by an even bigger thank you.

During the Sedin era (up until this year & last) with them in the line-up I believe we were one of the higher scoring teams in the NHL over the past 15 years.  R U kidding me, both these guys win scoring titles as a Canuck, who else has done?

How our fans of today would love to have an Art Ross Trophy Winner on our team now...

Only as they slow down a touch in their ladder years do we really notice how much of a difference they actually really made & how entertaining they really were & are to watch. How bad would we be without them today...? I'm guessing really really bad....

They made us contenders for many many years cause without them we would never have had that 2011 run...

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Want to keep this positive, but I've got to say this:

The next time I hear someone negatively chirping about Hank as our leader/captain, I'm going to bonk them over the head with my laptop, then play the video of the team, HIS team...all pouring off the bench to celebrate with him.  Speaks volumes.  They battled hard and won that for him.  A captain rallies a team and this was a perfect display of that.   This is the stuff that bonds teams.  No ego involved in his leadership, but this is how to inspire others.

An amazing night for an amazing player.    So much respect....

Out of reps or u'd have one from me...

People don't understand that the Sedins are carving the path to the next generation. Having them on this team is priceless for the future as the next core learns how to be the ultimate pro like thses 2 always have been.

Don't tell me that Horvat, Stecher, Hutton, Baer, Granlund, Tryamkin, etc. don't learn from these 2 generational players. I would argue that Bo, Baer, Tryamkin wouldn't be where they are today without these 2 guys around them...

Vancouver, B.C. - Canucks captain Henrik Sedin earned his 1,000th career point on Friday versus the Florida Panthers, becoming the first player in franchise history with 1,000 points. He also becomes the seventh active player to reach 1,000 points (joining Jagr, Thornton, Iginla, Hossa, Marleau and Ovechkin), the 85th player all-time to reach the milestone, the 38th player all-time to record 1,000 points with one franchise and the fourth Swedish-born player to record 1,000 points in the NHL (joining Sundin, Alfredsson and Lidstrom).

Sedin earned his first career NHL point on October 6, 2000 versus the Florida Panthers and earned his 1,000thpoint (233-767-1000) in his 1,213th NHL game, also against the Panthers. In his 16th NHL season, all with Vancouver, he ranks first in franchise history in games played, points, assists, powerplay points (346) and plus/minus (+206). In addition, he ranks seventh in goals, third in game-winning goals (38), ninth in powerplay goals (61) and shorthanded goals (7), sixth in shots (1,747) and first in both faceoffs taken (18,754) and faceoffs won (9,180).

Drafted third overall in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Sedin has the second most assists in the NHL since making his debut in 2000.01 (trailing only Joe Thornton). He leads the league in assists since the 2008.09 season with 476. Since entering the League, Sedin also ranks second in powerplay assists (285), 10th in powerplay points, fourth in even strength points (645), second in faceoffs taken and third in faceoff wins.

Sedin holds the Canucks single-season record for scoring with 112 points (2009.10). That same season, he also set the club record for most assists in a season with 83. He has led the team in scoring in five of the last 11 seasons (2007.08, 2009.10, 2011.12, 2012.13 and 2013.14) and has led the team in assists in 10 of the last 11 seasons (2005.06, 2006.07, 2007.08, 2009.10, 2011.12, 2012.13, 2013.14 and 2015.16). He currently leads the club in assists with 19 and shares the team-lead in scoring with 30 points (11-19-30).

Sedin has been selected to the NHL All-Star Game three times (2008, 2011 and 2012) and captured both the Hart Memorial Trophy and the Art Ross Trophy in 2010. He has also been named an NHL First Team All-Star twice (2010 and 2011) and was awarded the King Clancy Trophy in 2016. Among team awards, Sedin is one of the most decorated recipients having been awarded the Three Stars Award in 2010 and the Cyclone Taylor Trophy a record six times (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014).

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-henrik-sedin-earns-1000th-career-point/c-285928318

26 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Vancouver, B.C. - Canucks captain Henrik Sedin earned his 1,000th career point on Friday versus the Florida Panthers, becoming the first player in franchise history with 1,000 points. He also becomes the seventh active player to reach 1,000 points (joining Jagr, Thornton, Iginla, Hossa, Marleau and Ovechkin), the 85th player all-time to reach the milestone, the 38th player all-time to record 1,000 points with one franchise and the fourth Swedish-born player to record 1,000 points in the NHL (joining Sundin, Alfredsson and Lidstrom).

Sedin earned his first career NHL point on October 6, 2000 versus the Florida Panthers and earned his 1,000thpoint (233-767-1000) in his 1,213th NHL game, also against the Panthers. In his 16th NHL season, all with Vancouver, he ranks first in franchise history in games played, points, assists, powerplay points (346) and plus/minus (+206). In addition, he ranks seventh in goals, third in game-winning goals (38), ninth in powerplay goals (61) and shorthanded goals (7), sixth in shots (1,747) and first in both faceoffs taken (18,754) and faceoffs won (9,180).

Drafted third overall in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Sedin has the second most assists in the NHL since making his debut in 2000.01 (trailing only Joe Thornton). He leads the league in assists since the 2008.09 season with 476. Since entering the League, Sedin also ranks second in powerplay assists (285), 10th in powerplay points, fourth in even strength points (645), second in faceoffs taken and third in faceoff wins.

Sedin holds the Canucks single-season record for scoring with 112 points (2009.10). That same season, he also set the club record for most assists in a season with 83. He has led the team in scoring in five of the last 11 seasons (2007.08, 2009.10, 2011.12, 2012.13 and 2013.14) and has led the team in assists in 10 of the last 11 seasons (2005.06, 2006.07, 2007.08, 2009.10, 2011.12, 2012.13, 2013.14 and 2015.16). He currently leads the club in assists with 19 and shares the team-lead in scoring with 30 points (11-19-30).

Sedin has been selected to the NHL All-Star Game three times (2008, 2011 and 2012) and captured both the Hart Memorial Trophy and the Art Ross Trophy in 2010. He has also been named an NHL First Team All-Star twice (2010 and 2011) and was awarded the King Clancy Trophy in 2016. Among team awards, Sedin is one of the most decorated recipients having been awarded the Three Stars Award in 2010 and the Cyclone Taylor Trophy a record six times (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014).

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-henrik-sedin-earns-1000th-career-point/c-285928318

To tell the truth, Just Simply AMAZING & Vancouver is very very lucky to have these 2 guys (still) wearing The Canuck Jersey for so long as U stated clearly above.

World Class Hall of Fame players...

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Too bad they didn't end up with a cup with their career here, not many nicer people have ever played the game as they have.

So... caught Coaches Corner tonight. Cherry was exercising his mandibular fart horn again, when something pleasant accidentally spewed from it about the Sedins. Then he acted like they've been buds for years.

Hank's greatest accomplishment, I'm thinking, is getting that doofus to say something nice about a swede. (other than a leafy one)

Watching from overseas one just gets a sense that the twins are very underappreciated in this league; ironically, i also think the majority of the league's players really respect them for what they are both as individuals and as players. Aside from the odd sh*t-for-brained idiot who feels has something funny to say about them...:wacko:

Can you imagine the ad-nauseum superlatives being spewed by the press if this had happened in Toronto e.g.? All i know is that it was a beautiful night, great sportsmanship, couldn't haven't been scripted better. 

One of the reasons this team is special is because of the Sedins. Future HHOFmers and hopefully Canucks exclusively!

The atmosphere in the arena was amazing. That game was up near the top in terms of most epic Canuck moments I've been in the rink for. 

Sidenote, something else I really like is knowing that while all this adoration and cheering for Hank was going on Shawn Thornton had to sit there and just take it in. 

And then he watched his goalie congratulate our captain. 

I do not believe the true appreciation for the Twins will happen until they are retired. I have watched the Canucks from the beginning and the only other two players I would put in their league would be Linden and Bure. Sorry Stan but that is the way it is.

Archived