The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shattenkirk turned down Edmonton and Tampa Bay Contracts

HowYaDrouin

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He probably wants to see what the market will offer him in the off season, cough cough EE.

He didn't want to negotiate with his own team during the season. Shattenkirk doesn't want to negotiate with other teams during the season while he's still a Blue. Completely different circumstance chuck. 

On 2017-02-23 at 11:10 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

How can he and his camp even discuss a contract to the detail of six year, 42 Million, with his potential club before the trade is done. Is this not some sort of tampering? 

As others have said, the Blues gave them permission. Canucks did the same sort of thing with the Ducks in the Bieksa deal, so that he'd waive his NTC. 

On 2/23/2017 at 10:23 PM, theminister said:

I mean, he may have a life long dream of playing for the NYR or something. 

But playing next to Hedman on a yearly Cup contender would be pretty attractive. 

There's two possibilities #1 like you said he already knows where he wants to play (Red Wings? Wild?) 

But if that were the case why would he bother negotiating wityh other teams? which leads us to ....

#2 He is totally head up A$$ about money, seriously....this guy is good, but he's not the guy you build your team around, and only guys who are foundational players make more than 7 mil per, would you sign this guy for 7 x7? I wouldn't

Where did he take the Blues in the Playoffs that make those dollars make sense? Also, NO TEAM attempts to build are UFA signings anymore, it is well known that you can expect a performance dip (Think Erickson) after they sign their final career cash out deal (And Erhoff) who would be dumb enough to give this guy 8 x 8? He won't win you a cup

I think this might finally be the year that UFA's hit the wall, I don't see any team risking that much for this guy

I could see his best offer this summer being quite a bit lower than 7x7

On 2/24/2017 at 10:31 AM, wallstreetamigo said:

If it's about money he is a fool. If it is about city then ya I too can understand. If it is about a great opportunity as a player you go to Edmonton imo. 

I know, on Hockey alone EDM is a no brainer

The city is hockey-mad, you're a superstar if you play there and OMG how much fun must it be to be a skilled player and be able to get on the ice with that roster?

It would take his game to another level, he could possibly have been the firt D man in years to break 100pts

I'm thinking the only team who will offer him the stupid deal he wants is the Islanders,

Shatty to Isles book it

On 2/24/2017 at 5:43 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It's not about $ with him. It's about location. He want to play for his home town team although I can't see how the rangers afford him. He also turned down Arizona awsell last summer. 

Ah, so it isn't the money then,

Still, I think it's the Islanders

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

I know, on Hockey alone EDM is a no brainer

The city is hockey-mad, you're a superstar if you play there and OMG how much fun must it be to be a skilled player and be able to get on the ice with that roster?

It would take his game to another level, he could possibly have been the firt D man in years to break 100pts

I'm thinking the only team who will offer him the stupid deal he wants is the Islanders,

Shatty to Isles book it

100 points? As a dman you say. Hmm. 

Archived