The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaunce should be Protected

gameburn2

20 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I disagree. Teams that are in danger of losing a good player to LV will be looking to pick up a replacement prior to the expansion draft when prices will be lowest. Remeber, LV can only take one player from each team. So let's say team A and team B had what would be considered the best 2 players available for the expansion draft. Both teams were definitely going to lose their respective player. What's stopping team A and team B from working out a deal with eachother for one of those players? Both teams stand to lose their respective players for nothing, but if they work out a trade, each team will be left with something, whether that be a draft pick or a replacement for the player they were set to lose. It makes too much sense, rather than both teams losing their players for nothing. So we should expect a lot of activity.

I don't really follow you here. Sounds like you are suggesting moving around the deck chairs on a sinking ship. So instead of Team A losing player A and team B losing player B in the draft, they trade. Then Team A loses player B and Team B loses player A. What does that accomplish?

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Hansen wasn't much when he got here either. 

Hansen had more skill, it was evident. Watching young Hansen play and present Gaunce, it's evident The Great Dane had/has more skill. That's what separates athletes ;)

Just now, The Aquamen said:

Hansen had more skill, it was evident. Watching young Hansen play and present Gaunce, it's evident The Great Dane had/has more skill. That's what separates athletes ;)

You don't remember when Hansen was considered to be a pure checker with hands of stone?

6 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Who said that? 

Back in the day, I don't recall a lot of people saying Hansen would even make it into the NHL. He actually was often compared with Raymond as they both entered the league around the same time and had blazing speed but not much in the way of soft hands. lol

Basically a lot of speed and.... well... no scoring...

Why was Goudreau drafted in the 4th round? He should of been top 5 pick. Gaunce should of been a 3rd rounder

Considering most 3rd rounders don't make the NHL, Gaunce has already proven you wrong on that.

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

Why was Goudreau drafted in the 4th round? He should of been top 5 pick. Gaunce should of been a 3rd rounder

Johnny Hockey is about 5 ft 6. That's why he went in the 4th round. Hansen is 6 ft 1. And there's a big difference between the 4th round and the 9th round. Hansen was about 25 before he cracked 30 points. 

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Johnny Hockey is about 5 ft 6. That's why he went in the 4th round. Hansen is 6 ft 1. And there's a big difference between the 4th round and the 9th round. Hansen was about 25 before he cracked 30 points. 

Honestly I don't know what we are arguing about here brother lol! All I said was Gaunce won't be a better player than Hansen, to one of the other fellows

Honestly I don't know what we are arguing about here brother lol! All I said was Gaunce won't be a better player than Hansen, to one of the other fellows

You're right.  Hansen skates way better than Gaunce, and is naturally more aggressive.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You're right.  Hansen skates way better than Gaunce, and is naturally more aggressive.  

I agree, again I firmly believe that Hanes has more skill as well. The guy even forechecks harder than Gaunce and he's smaller, hence you're aggressive statement.

I agree, again I firmly believe that Hanes has more skill as well. The guy even forechecks harder than Gaunce and he's smaller, hence you're aggressive statement.

I like Gaunce.  He's a nice guy.  Hansen is a much better hockey player though.  

On 08/03/2017 at 6:04 PM, WeneedLumme said:

I don't really follow you here. Sounds like you are suggesting moving around the deck chairs on a sinking ship. So instead of Team A losing player A and team B losing player B in the draft, they trade. Then Team A loses player B and Team B loses player A. What does that accomplish?

You and your logic. CDC doesn't put that stuff on anything.

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

The point is, when Hansen was Gaunce's age, I don't think he had even played a single NHL game, and many people didn't think he ever would be good enough. Gaunce has a different skill set from Hansen's, and he is continuing to improve.

Now if you were to say that Gaunce will never be as fast as Hansen, that would be something I would agree with.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Gaunce.  He's a nice guy.  Hansen is a much better hockey player though.  

That's all I've been saying Alfie that Hansen is a better hockey player, I like the kid but you know, and yes I've mentioned the skating is a huge part, I've said that as well a couple hours ago

Archived