The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

It is very obvious Miller is a below average NHL goalie based on whatever statistics you look at it. It would be another stupid move by JB to resign him for the next season or beyond. People keep talking about the big saves he usually makes early in most games but turn a blind eye to the many soft goals he gives up later in games, especially the countless screened shots from a distance. JB must realize his success in drafting Miller was something in the past. Miller, just like the twins,are all faded glories. They won't help this team going forward. Let Markstrom & Bachman be the goalies next season unless JB wants to leave Vancouver with no established young No 1 goalie the season after next. Time to stop playing favouritism to players having past connections with JB & WD for Vancouver to get better.

JB has been busy filling the Canucks bottom 2 lines with AHLers and Vancouver is now the refining factories for grinders. I simply cannot count the total number of AHLers that had played for Vancouver since JB came here. Let Miller walk and get some young potential NHL forwards into the lineup in the off season are what JBshould work on.

3 minutes ago, afan said:

It is very obvious Miller is a below average NHL goalie based on whatever statistics you look at it. It would be another stupid move by JB to resign him for the next season or beyond. People keep talking about the big saves he usually makes early in most games but turn a blind eye to the many soft goals he gives up later in games, especially the countless screened shots from a distance. JB must realize his success in drafting Miller was something in the past. Miller, just like the twins,are all faded glories. They won't help this team going forward. Let Markstrom & Bachman be the goalies next season unless JB wants to leave Vancouver with no established young No 1 goalie the season after next. Time to stop playing favouritism to players having past connections with JB & WD for Vancouver to get better.

JB has been busy filling the Canucks bottom 2 lines with AHLers and Vancouver is now the refining factories for grinders. I simply cannot count the total number of AHLers that had played for Vancouver since JB came here. Let Miller walk and get some young potential NHL forwards into the lineup in the off season are what JBshould work on.

Say what you want but imo Miller is directly responsible for this years respectability.  Not only that, he's a character guy.

2 hours ago, afan said:

actually he's right on the NHL average for save % and is above average in even strength goals allowed and shootout save % and power play goals against. On the most injured team in the NHL this year. So what was your point again?

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

Say what you want but imo Miller is directly responsible for this years respectability.  Not only that, he's a character guy.

Agreed.  Miller has been somewhat inconsistent, but has held us in many games more often than not.  His save % is 21st among all NHL goalies who have played more than 2 dozen games, so that's not bad.  (Though it is hardly amazing as well).

With all this said, he is perhaps overpaid for what he brings to the table at this point, but I would expect his new contract would be far more in line with his performance.  I think change just for the sake of change is potentially detrimental to a team, so as long as he is reasonable with his demands I have no issues with us signing him for another year or two. 

On 3/23/2017 at 4:25 PM, Rush17 said:

I like him too. but I'm scared of losing a top 5 pick due to poor NCAA nhl team protection rules.  he is from the MIN region if is heard right.  

players from MIN area scare me lol.  they like to join their local team.

You mean like Brock Boeser?

On 26/03/2017 at 5:08 PM, afan said:

Have you watched a single game thiis year?

On 2017-03-26 at 5:08 PM, afan said:

I don't really want to see Miller re-signed unless it is one year and his cap + Markstroms is cap neutral or better going forward compared to what they cost now.

But seriously we are fighting Colorado this year for the bed $&!#ting award without Miller imo.

11 hours ago, Mattrek said:

You mean like Brock Boeser?

I meant this years draft pick.  the min part was about Brock though lol.  my post doesn't make sense looking back at it.  must of been super tired lol

On 2017-03-27 at 11:31 PM, Mathew Barzal said:

Have you watched a single game thiis year?

This is exactly the question I want to ask you. Did you see Miller giving up 2 more soft goals on screened shots from the blueline against the Ducks tonight?

Archived