The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

But that doesn't work long term. Hutton's not going to be happy playing 3rd pair minutes when he clearly could/should be playing more. There's also the matter of cap $. Eventually Tryamkin, Hutton and Juolevi are going to start warranting top 4/top 2 pay. You can't have your 3rd pairing D making $5m+ when your top 4 D are also getting that kind of money.

Speaking of redundant skill sets....Juolevi, Brisebois, Tanev....

teams want those types of players.

17 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

Why even mention konecny when we got a stud that would go even higher in a re-draft.

I had to be consistent, plus konecny was willing to play now and did good for a rookie. I haven't passed judgement on how good Boeser is yet.

On 23/03/2017 at 4:53 PM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I do realize that is a possibility, I just don't see it as likely. I think UND will go far again and he would still have to sign a contract. By then we will either be done or have 1 or 2 games left, which I doubt they would rush him into at that point. 

UND out today.

I'm guessing Boeser should get NHL games this year...:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

That's too bad. Was hoping they would go far again this year. Would have been good for his confidence and development. 

Not sure why the eye roll. 

Not sure why he couldn't/wouldn't gain confidence & development here? I'm also not sure of the rules but if we sign him is he not eligible to play for Utica in the Playoffs? If so how would that not be better for his confidence & development?

Demko's doing all right in Utica last I checked. Huttons done alright & Stecher isn't to shabby either after turning pro. Just to name a few College kids making the transition to Pro...

10 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Not sure why he couldn't/wouldn't gain confidence & development here? I'm also not sure of the rules but if we sign him is he not eligible to play for Utica in the Playoffs? If so how would that not be better for his confidence & development?

Demko's doing all right in Utica last I checked. Huttons done alright & Stecher isn't to shabby either after turning pro. Just to name a few College kids making the transition to Pro...

I never said college kids turning pro was a bad thing. I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about. But then again your ramblings never do make much sense to me. Go play with someone else. Your games bore me. 

12 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I never said college kids turning pro was a bad thing. I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about. But then again your ramblings never do make much sense to me. Go play with someone else. Your games bore me. 

Actually it's your ramblings that make No Sense at all. 

Getting Boeser signed & turning Pro is the #1 thing to do in my eyes. I care a lot more about Canucks & Utica over UND...

So not sure what part of the rambling U don't get?

5 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Actually it's your ramblings that make No Sense at all. 

Getting Boeser signed & turning Pro is the #1 thing to do in my eyes. I care a lot more about Canucks & Utica over UND...

So not sure what part of the rambling U don't get?

I also never said I cared more about UND than the Canucks and Utica. Try again. 

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I also never said I cared more about UND than the Canucks and Utica. Try again. 

Aren't U excited like Canuck fans & myself to see Boeser finally arrive?

I've been waiting for this kid. He's another Horvat type to me. But what do I know...

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

Aren't U excited like Canuck fans & myself to see Boeser finally arrive?

I've been waiting for this kid. He's another Horvat type to me. But what do I know...

Boeser will be so sheltered here, he is not required to be Bo Horvat.
He is our Brett Hull. The next 15+ years of his life will be about scoring goals in the NHL.

I don't see this playing out with any complication, Willie will give Brock time because Brock is a coach's kind of player. He's decent in all areas, but mainly he just wants to score. The kid will have to earn it, though it will inevitably be earned.

He's never going to be our saviour, but with Brock our goals-for will go up.

He can get a shot off from any kind of pass at any spot on the rink and that's something I don't think we've ever really seen here.

Patrick Laine lite?

1 hour ago, hearditall said:

I beive it's too late for him to qualify to play in Utica on his entry level deal. One way around that would be for him to sign a pro try out with Urtica and then sign his NHL contract later, but I doubt he would want to do it that way. He'd be interested in playing NHL games this year if he can.

45 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I beive it's too late for him to qualify to play in Utica on his entry level deal. One way around that would be for him to sign a pro try out with Urtica and then sign his NHL contract later, but I doubt he would want to do it that way. He'd be interested in playing NHL games this year if he can.

He would only be able to sign a PTO with Utica if he was a free agent. Canucks hold his rights

Maybe if Benning knew  a bit  about hockey he would have kept Cracknell...

Cracker got a hatty tonight.

How many hat-tricks  have Canuck fourth liners got this year..... 

600,000  Cracker has one goal less than  6 million dollar  Erickson this year..

22 hours ago, coastal.view said:

it's a tad more objective than you make out

was mcdavid the best player available when he was drafted ? (and was there any dispute at all about this?)

why ?

so now apply that to each player in the upcoming draft

there is a reason why players can be ranked

it's not an exact science

which is why there is always debate about the ranking

but generally we can say who the top 5 are

the next 5

the next 10

after than it kinda blurs more

I'm just saying that it's hard to put your finger on just what BPA is.  Maybe you're right about the objectivity of BPA.  I'm just saying that what is BPA to one GM is different than another.  It's not cut and dried.

Archived