The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LeBron 'fatal' injury

Crimson-JH

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

That was pretty fatal, he must be done for the year......

Poor LeFlop... hope his throne high chair beside Marchand, Ribeiro, Neymar, Chris Bosh and many Latino-American soccer players has been setup for him, and that Mama James is ready to kiss his boo-boos.

If you're a 6'8", 250 lb. tank of a man, it'll definitely be hard to justify seeing him leave a game early because of a tap on the back and not see it as a cop-out.  If in the same game you can run over a guy who's 50 lbs lighter than you (there was a charge on Manu earlier in the game) and he's like all muscle, how much could a glancing blow really hurt?  Short of there actually being medical scans publicized revealing that he's actually injured, I think this would just be another blemish by which he would be known for in his career, in which he'd be known as soft.  He can really learn from guys like NHL shot-blockers who play through pain and broken bones, and NFL players who get bowled over night-in, night-out.

It's embarrassing, King James.        

1 hour ago, Crimson-JH said:

You can tell Jordan didn't give up and keep dancing on his other foot to apply less pressure to his injured ankle. That guy didn't whine, complain and embellished, unlike  so-called "King" James which is a joke. 

Never got the chance to see Jordan play, but I've seen many of his highlights and games online Jordan is the greatest of all time, all hard work, no complaining, never jumped teams just because they were better. If you want to compare Kobe to Jordan, I'm fine with that, Kobe has worked hard all his career, carried many teams and he just plays. It's the small things like this that take away from Lebron's "greatness."

17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Never got the chance to see Jordan play, but I've seen many of his highlights and games online Jordan is the greatest of all time, all hard work, no complaining, never jumped teams just because they were better. If you want to compare Kobe to Jordan, I'm fine with that, Kobe has worked hard all his career, carried many teams and he just plays. It's the small things like this that take away from Lebron's "greatness."

It's ne playoff game Jordan played while really sick.  He just looked horrible, but still played great.  He even got IVs before, during halftime, and after the game.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/hot-air-lifts-windy-city-jazz-sick-ailing-jordan-bull-article-1.2017992

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It's ne playoff game Jordan played while really sick.  He just looked horrible, but still played great.  He even got IVs before, during halftime, and after the game.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/hot-air-lifts-windy-city-jazz-sick-ailing-jordan-bull-article-1.2017992

Forgot about this game, I've seen the game online a while back. Thanks, for reminding me! What a spectacular game by Jordan!

Just now, J-23 said:

Forgot about this game, I've seen the game online a while back. Thanks, for reminding me! What a spectacular game by Jordan!

Jordan and Kobe were very similar in their compete level.  Each would rather die, than lose.  I remember the year Kobe was drafted, and hoping the Grizzlies would pick him.  If we did, I bet our team is still here:(

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jordan and Kobe were very similar in their compete level.  Each would rather die, than lose.  I remember the year Kobe was drafted, and hoping the Grizzlies would pick him.  If we did, I bet our team is still here:(

He would've forced a trade to the Lakers just as he did when the Hornets drafted him. Besides, Abdur-Rahim was still a phenomenal player. If we had drafted Steve Nash however, that would've been a different story. Maybe then the Grizzlies would still be in Vancouver.

Just now, Apple Juice said:

He would've forced a trade to the Lakers just as he did when the Hornets drafted him. Besides, Abdur-Rahim was still a phenomenal player. If we had drafted Steve Nash however, that would've been a different story. Maybe then the Grizzlies would still be in Vancouver.

Could you imagine Kobe though, playing here?  Wow!  Loved Nash too.  Can you say, "stupid Stu Jackson"?  :picard:

Just now, Alflives said:

Could you imagine Kobe though, playing here?  Wow!  Loved Nash too.  Can you say, "stupid Stu Jackson"?  :picard:

Wouldn't have happened. Kobe had his mind set for LA. If Steve Nash was drafted, would've been a completely different story. Canadian player raised in BC. What a story that would've been.

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Poor LeFlop... hope his throne high chair beside Marchand, Ribeiro, Neymar, Chris Bosh and many Latino-American soccer players has been setup for him, and that Mama James is ready to kiss his boo-boos.

If you're a 6'8", 250 lb. tank of a man, it'll definitely be hard to justify seeing him leave a game early because of a tap on the back and not see it as a cop-out.  If in the same game you can run over a guy who's 50 lbs lighter than you (there was a charge on Manu earlier in the game) and he's like all muscle, how much could a glancing blow really hurt?  Short of there actually being medical scans publicized revealing that he's actually injured, I think this would just be another blemish by which he would be known for in his career, in which he'd be known as soft.  He can really learn from guys like NHL shot-blockers who play through pain and broken bones, and NFL players who get bowled over night-in, night-out.

It's embarrassing, King James.        

Honestly I don't watch Basketball at all, haven't since the 90's, so have no idea who your talking about or what took place before. I just remember seeing a highlight/video of LeBron a year or 2 ago, not to sure when, but him taking I think an elbow and collapsed like he was shot not even sure if the elbow hit him or not if correct, but because it was so bad it made soccer players look good.

25 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Is the guy whiny? Yes

That doesn't change the fact that he is the only one in recent memory that is worthy of being compared to MJ. By the time he calls it quits he will most likely be the GOAT.

recent memory..... is that the start of this season because kobe retired last szn and its not that long ago lol 

Lebum is in the top 10 players of all time but probably won't be recalled as the goat imo 

7 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

recent memory..... is that the start of this season because kobe retired last szn and its not that long ago lol 

Lebum is in the top 10 players of all time but probably won't be recalled as the goat imo 

I don't think anyone ever realisticly compared Kobe to Jordan, it was just his delusional fans.   The greats who played with Jordan themselves have said that lebron is the only person they've seen play capable of passing him. 

Kobe was great and all but he's not even a top 5 player imho. 

Lebron gets another chip, finishes too 3 in points, top 10 in assists he's the GOAT

while Kobe was in his prime, Lebron in his mid 20s was having better seasons then him

8 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I don't think anyone ever realisticly compared Kobe to Jordan, it was just his delusional fans.   The greats who played with Jordan themselves have said that lebron is the only person they've seen play capable of passing him. 

Kobe was great and all but he's not even a top 5 player imho. 

Lebron gets another chip, finishes too 3 in points, top 10 in assists he's the GOAT

while Kobe was in his prime, Lebron in his mid 20s was having better seasons then him

Ok where do i start 

Kobe 5 rings 

Lebron 3 rings 

Discussion should end here but...

Has lebum ever scored 81 in one game 

Jumping teams like no other....

Got tapped on the back and leaves the game

Kobe tore his Achilles and made two free throws and walked off the court by "him self" 

Kobe 60 points in his last game

End of discussion.

Just now, cookieeater55 said:

Ok where do i start 

Kobe 5 rings 

Lebron 3 rings 

Discussion should end here but...

Has lebum ever scored 81 in one game 

Jumping teams like no other....

Got tapped on the back and leaves the game

Kobe tore his Achilles and made two free throws and walked off the court by "him self" 

Kobe 60 points in his last game

End of discussion.

Haha this is the stupidest reply ever. 

A baby playing with shaq during his prime could have got those 3 rings, no one could stop him. The year shaq left Kobe missed the playoffs. He could never carry a team, went on radio demanded a trade until they got gasol and surrounded him with damn good players. 

Lebron carried the second worst team ever to the finals in 07. There's really no comparison, the only thing Kobe fans bring up are rings because lebron has him beat in all other statistical categories. 

If kobe was so good why was lebron winning the MVP during his prime, and why does he only have two final mvps. 

Nice try buddy. 

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Is the guy whiny? Yes

That doesn't change the fact that he is the only one in recent memory that is worthy of being compared to MJ. By the time he calls it quits he will most likely be the GOAT.

He's never surpassing Kobe. Forget about trying to match up with MJ. His legacy will never be as respected as Kobe's or any other player who are considered Top 10

Archived