The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

does anyone know how to re up Bos contract prior to starting a franchise mode?  i started up my nux one last night and to start next season bo is on a 1 year 800k deal.  can i resign him as soon as i start the game or do i need to wait for the next update?  i simmed to pre season curious if i missed a chance or if there even was one.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

does anyone know how to re up Bos contract prior to starting a franchise mode?  i started up my nux one last night and to start next season bo is on a 1 year 800k deal.  can i resign him as soon as i start the game or do i need to wait for the next update?  i simmed to pre season curious if i missed a chance or if there even was one.

Pretty sure you can edit his contract in the edit player window.

28 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Pretty sure you can edit his contract in the edit player window.

Wowzor. that would be op. :) have to restart my franchise mode but thats okay! only 2 pre season games in!

I wonder if mid franchise mode edit would let you fix it. I shall give it a try! thanks for the edit player info!

Paid the extra $10 at EB for the digital copy of youngstars for early access. Totally worth it for me.  I tend to sell or trade my nhl half way through each season only to need to buy it again. This will remove this impulse lol.

3 on 3 online play is really fun.  Easier to keep track of all your teammates and makes you more responsible on D.  Played 1 game last night.  Kind of stunk I was rarely passed too but I helped prevent some goals and setup our only goal.  Once people get the hang of it I think it will be fun.  I named my character Troy Stecher :)  Only issue is Stecher's name isnt an option in create a player mode even though hes in the game lol. so Stecher is called Sauer in my 3's.  

1 hour ago, canuckmen84 said:

Playing hut for a few days now, just landed 92 overall Bure :wub:

very nice!   i opened rookie cards i guess i can't sell of an 85 mcdavid and an 85 Horvat. pretty sweet. managed to even get a brock Boeser 81 overall.  

i dont play hut much but im really digging this eashl 3 on 3 team play.  recommend it to anyone trying out the game for the first time! super fun.

smoother and less laggy then 5 on 5 or 6 on 6 and it's just easier to play. 2 teammates is easier to work as a unit then 5 bodies trying to make plays.

#nhl18-3on3-thebomb

Anybody else play Franchise mode as much as I do? Here's some changes I've noticed.

- other teams now send trade offers much more frequently. Almost spam you.

- prospects not draft in the top-10 are rated in the 50s and take forever to pan out, if they even do that is. Seems like having low or "red" potential is codeword for BUST.

- 80% of all players are rated 81 or 82. There is no distinction between 2nd and 3rd line players. It just seems like every player is rated 80-82. The new rating system sucks.

- it's really hard to rebuild if you do expansion mode because prospects rarely pan out, and good free agents never hit the market.

Not sure about the rest of the game, but I'm glad I played the early access trial before buying. Will not buy this year. Going to be playing 17 for another year.

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

Anybody else play Franchise mode as much as I do? Here's some changes I've noticed.

- other teams now send trade offers much more frequently. Almost spam you.

- prospects not draft in the top-10 are rated in the 50s and take forever to pan out, if they even do that is. Seems like having low or "red" potential is codeword for BUST.

- 80% of all players are rated 81 or 82. There is no distinction between 2nd and 3rd line players. It just seems like every player is rated 80-82. The new rating system sucks.

- it's really hard to rebuild if you do expansion mode because prospects rarely pan out, and good free agents never hit the market.

Not sure about the rest of the game, but I'm glad I played the early access trial before buying. Will not buy this year. Going to be playing 17 for another year.

Are the offers for the same player? Maybe you have someone on the block.

I felt there were too many prospects that panned out in NHL 17 (like way too many), so I guess they tried to help that a bit.

The ratings are still bad. They need a much broader range (something the 2K series always did well).

Part of the problem with free agency is that the cap always goes up and negotiating is way too easy and robotic, allowing teams to keep their rosters practically intact. 

I don't have a whole lot of time to play games, so I don't mind skipping this year.

14 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Part of the problem with free agency is that the cap always goes up and negotiating is way too easy and robotic, allowing teams to keep their rosters practically intact.

One thing I noticed is that the CPU GM's have absolutely zero foresight. They'll make a trade at the deadline for a non-expiring contract that puts them close to the cap and then end up unable to re-sign star players.

Archived