The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #7

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #7  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

6. Adam Gaudette (70 votes - 37.84%)

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Guillaume Brisebois
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Jalen Chatfield
Michael DiPietro
Jonah Gadjovich
Nikolay Goldobin
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
Kole Lind
William Lockwood
Zack MacEwen
Evan McEneny
Brett McKenzie
Griffen Molino
Petrus Palmu
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Jordan Subban
Jake Virtanen
Dmitri Zhukenov

24 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Tough choice for me. But I think I've reasoned out why I've chosen Virtanen. I wouldn't trade Virtanen for Goldobin; and I would be tempted to trade Goldobin for Virtanen. Really close in value IMO. 

This is exactly how I was looking at this as well!!! 2 totally different players, but with what we have in our system, I think Virtanen brings more of what we need from a prospect.

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

I think Jake goes after personally

Probably. Not how I'd rank it though. 

I'm sorry, but the guy actually regressed after an underwhelming first NHL season. He's far enough removed from his draft year (in which he was weirdly ranked way higher than he should have been by virtually everyone, the Canucks included) that  it's starting to become irrelevant to his current ranking.

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm sorry, but the guy actually regressed after an underwhelming first NHL season. He's far enough removed from his draft year (in which he was weirdly ranked way higher than he should have been by virtually everyone, the Canucks included) that  it's starting to become irrelevant to his current ranking.

Ha, so much crow to ear in the coming seasons. 

If you're right, they, I'll say so.

This consensus thing is effed. 

46 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He had flashes of brilliance in Utica this past season but just didn't show it in a consistent basis . Still has one hell of a shot though, hits like a truck but he could certainly use improvement with his defensive game. With more time here in the A though, he'll have plenty of opportunities to improve on that. Button was somewhat right about his ranking of Jake back then:lol: but he can easily prove him wrong. Patience and time will be key with him

26 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What other than point totals makes you think he regressed?

His motivation?

His physicality?

His defence?

His speed?

His stamina? 

Is he not in tremendous shape?

Please give me some information other than point totals that are making some of you give up on him?

25 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

His motivation?

Obviously.

His physicality?

Hugely.

His defence?

His speed?

His stamina? 

That's all fine and dandy. If only he knew how to use it.

Is he not in tremendous shape?

Apparently only after a season of hockey. 

11u91dx.jpg

And, since you brought it up, yes. His point totals are important. They're damned important. Regardless of the situation, if you can only manage to put up 19 points in 65 games in the AHL after putting up 13 points in 55 games in the best league in the world, there's a problem, as much as his most blindly dedicated supporters would have you believe otherwise.

edit: Maybe he can put it together. I hope he can, I really do, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. 

I'd love to be wrong about him. I really would.

Archived