Fanuck

Hockey Canada Announces Pre-Olympic Rosters

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

any news on Shane Doan?

Well, he retired this summer and currently works in the league’s hockey operations department.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:01 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jarome Iginla is hoping to resume skating this week, with the hopes of landing an NHL contract.

Iginla has been in talks with Hockey Canada about the Spengler Cup and the Olympics if he can't land an NHL job.

Will be super awkward to see the look on Iginla's face when our idiot of a coach announces that he's giving the captaincy to Vey.  Ebbett gets the C if KHLcan't go.  Willie loves his plugs.

Edited by King Heffy

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Will be super awkward to see the look on Iginla's face when our idiot of a coach announces that he's giving the captaincy to Vey.  Ebbett gets the C if KHLcan't go.  Willie loves his plugs.

Ebbett is the Megna of the Swiss league.

Hockey Canada offered Cale Makar a spot on the Canadian Olympic team, to which he respectively declined.

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hockey Canada offered Cale Makar a spot on the Canadian Olympic team, to which he respectively declined.

What!

On 1/10/2018 at 2:27 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

To be fair, Makar declined in Oct as he was told that it would interfere with the World Juniors and he wanted to represent Canada at that tournament.

3 minutes ago, babych said:

To be fair, Makar declined in Oct as he was told that it would interfere with the World Juniors and he wanted to represent Canada at that tournament.

I don't see any interference. There is a one-month gap between the end of the World Juniors and the start of the 2018 Olympics.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't see any interference. There is a one-month gap between the end of the World Juniors and the start of the 2018 Olympics.

I'm guessing he may not have been available to practice with team Canada if he committed to the Juniors? Either way, he was asked in October and felt like he couldn't do both and so committed to the juniors. The only reason I'm mentioning this is that the media is making it sound like he was asked just recently when the decision was made a few months back.

Edited by babych

2 minutes ago, babych said:

I'm guessing he may not have available to practice with team Canada if he committed to the Juniors? Either way, he was asked in October and felt like he couldn't do both and so committed to the juniors. The only reason I'm mentioning this is that the media is making it sound like he was asked just recently when the decision was made a few months back.

Where did you hear that he declined back in October?

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Where did you hear that he declined back in October?

I know the family a little bit and asked about it today (I had just read this in THN).

• Upvote 1