The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Amazon warehouse workers pee into bottles because they are scared of being punished for taking a comfort break

Ryan Strome

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Of course. Legalized slavery in the 21st century. If it's not this, it's the gradual increase of everything from housing to food to your car and insurance to utilities to scratching your ass which forces more and more people over time to incur larger debt, work longer days, more hours, more years.

It's just like Orwell predicted in 1984.  We are the proletariat.  I know several people (retired and on pension) older than me, who continue to work odd jobs (Security mostly) for minimum wage, just so they can make ends meet.  It's just like you point out.   

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's just like Orwell predicted in 1984.  We are the proletariat.  I know several people (retired and on pension) older than me, who continue to work odd jobs (Security mostly) for minimum wage, just so they can make ends meet.  It's just like you point out.   

Oh, FFS sake. It is nothing like 1984. Try reading Brave New World if you want to make a comparison between present day and a dystopian future.

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, FFS sake. It is nothing like 1984. Try reading Brave New World if you want to make a comparison between present day and a dystopian future.

the right can't decide between Atlas Shrugged and 1984 :lol: I don't think they've got to Huxley yet. 

33 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

"Ignorance is strength."

We are a selfish breed, who care little for the plight of the poor.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the right can't decide between Atlas Shrugged and 1984 :lol: I don't think they've got to Huxley yet. 

I was probably too harsh on @Alflives there. It's just a major pet peeve of mine when I see that comparison get thrown around.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

"Ignorance is strength."

"Fake news!"

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which is, sadly, very true and has been the status quo in most civilizations for thousands of years; well before George Orwell was anything more than a gleam in his daddy's eye.

Most of us in this time of inequality between the rich and the rest of us are $&!# scared to lose our jobs because the rich want it that way to keep the wages down and their profits up.Living paycheck to paycheck for the majority of us is another means of controlling the working masses.If we are to get the upper hands on these bastards we have to vote properly proportional representation is a good way to start,corporations hate it because they know that the people will get their power back and vote for things to help with the struggling of the work forces.Taxing the $&!# out of the rich is a good start,their trickle down economics routine is old and doesn't work,just another scam for the rich to get richer.

If you want to know how much the rich hate proportional representation just watch for the corporate media to bombard the airwaves against it,we get to vote it in this November.remember my friends please vote properly or they will continue to just use us as this story is referring to,can't even go for a pee ffs.MIC DROP!

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

"Ignorance is strength."

I do agree with you on the "2 minutes hate"  - thats pretty much how Trump uses twitter. 

25 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I was probably too harsh on @Alflives there. It's just a major pet peeve of mine when I see that comparison get thrown around.

"Fake news!"

Which is, sadly, very true and has been the status quo in most civilizations for thousands of years; well before George Orwell was anything more than a gleam in his daddy's eye.

Alf's a sport, he can take it :P

15 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

"Fake news!"

"We are the dead."

Fact: The CIA has signed a cloud computing contract with Amazon, worth up to $600 million over 10 years, a few weeks later Bezos bought the Washington Post for $250 million.

You trust your mainstream news sources, think again.

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

Fact: The CIA has signed a cloud computing contract with Amazon, worth up to $600 million over 10 years, a few weeks later Bezos bought the Washington Post for $250 million.

You trust your mainstream news sources, think again.

Every news agency is owned by somebody. And most of these people have their opinions on how the world should operating.

Also, this is how government (and pretty much everyone else) get things done, by contracting the private sector. It's just business. And Amazon is the industry leader in cloud computing/platform. We should be concerned if they had contracted butt plugs from god knows where.

This is not one bit controversial. 

Talking about mainstream news sources check out john oliver and a group called Sinclair and local news,SCARY.

The GOVERNMENT,up to it's old tricks.Just like all these politicians getting into the marijuana distribution market for the money only,they are the same ones making the corrupt rules for their interests.It's going on here in Canada, ex-police and politicians the same a-holes that were against it, are now about to make a killing.

Even that pr!ck John Boehner,ex-speaker of the house for the republicans in the states is now lining up to fill his pockets,never mind the helping people aspect,just put a high price on it for me to get rich..

Two faced politicians.

6 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Talking about mainstream news sources check out john oliver and a group called Sinclair and local news,SCARY.

The GOVERNMENT,up to it's old tricks.Just like all these politicians getting into the marijuana distribution market for the money only,they are the same ones making the corrupt rules for their interests.It's going on here in Canada, ex-police and politicians the same a-holes that were against it, are now about to make a killing.

Even that pr!ck John Boehner,ex-speaker of the house for the republicans in the states is now lining up to fill his pockets,never mind the helping people aspect,just put a high price on it for me to get rich..

See what I mean about Sinclair,corporate news so one sided and never take these politicians to task for there stupidity.

Like who the hell let the Liberal government in B.C. bankrupt ICBC, Christy Clark and her corrupt ways,so when they leave power(get voted out) the common folks have to pay the toll for their mistakes,don't forget that when you renew your insurance to drive,it's another bail.out of sorts and nobody gets taken to task for it.If we were to steal 5 dollars there would be consequences never mind 3 or 4 billion dollars.

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

See what I mean about Sinclair,corporate news so one sided and never take these politicians to task for there stupidity.

Like who the hell let the Liberal government in B.C. bankrupt ICBC, Christy Clark and her corrupt ways,so when they leave power(get voted out) the common folks have to pay the toll for their mistakes,don't forget that when you renew your insurance to drive,it's another bail.out of sorts and nobody gets taken to task for it.If we were to steal 5 dollars there would be consequences never mind 3 or 4 billion dollars.

That’s because the world is literally run by a satanic cabal who don’t really care about you and I..

The so called elite have made this very clear that they see the rest of us as nothing but vermin.

I always tell the average person to learn how to save and spend money, especially if you’re living pay cheque to pay cheque. 

Money, food, shelter are the greatest form of mind control in this world. 

3 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Every news agency is owned by somebody. And most of these people have their opinions on how the world should operating.

Also, this is how government (and pretty much everyone else) get things done, by contracting the private sector. It's just business. And Amazon is the industry leader in cloud computing/platform. We should be concerned if they had contracted butt plugs from god knows where.

This is not one bit controversial. 

Insert facepalm icon here.

Six Corporations control 90% of the media in America.

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

As George Carlin said, it's a special club and you and I aren't in the special club. You will eventually have to reserve your spot under the local overpass to live. Then then the government will come around and want their share of that, too. Government needs to be overthrown. 

7 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

That's certainly not good, but Bezos is free to jump into the ring with the other 5. Why judge him?

Do a read on the CIA's Operation Mockingbird, how they infiltrated mass media, follow up with Bill Clinton's 1996 tele communications act, regarded as one of the most anti democratic piece of legislation passed in the 20th century.

Archived