The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

Does anyone know when the college season ends for US region players? I have a stud top 5 pick D from the 2018 draft. He just grew into 70th overall. I would like to bring him up to my AHL squad when his college season ends. Does anyone know how many games they play in the US region? and when I can call them up without interfering with his college season?

Edited by Rush17

Who is the best goaltender in HUT? I feel like ratings for goaltenders don't matter and noticed goaltenders that are greater in height do better and make more desperation saves. I mainly use Carey Price (84 overall) and he has been pretty solid. While others goaltenders that I have tried -- Billy Smith (87 overall) and Bernie Parent (87 overall) weren't really great.

8 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Does anyone know when the college season ends for US region players? I have a stud top 5 pick D from the 2018 draft. He just grew into 70th overall. I would like to bring him up to my AHL squad when his college season ends. Does anyone know how many games they play in the US region? and when I can call them up without interfering with his college season?

I didn't think college players were in the game at all as EA doesn't have an agreement with the NCAA.  Thus, no Quinn Hughes.

6 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I didn't think college players were in the game at all as EA doesn't have an agreement with the NCAA.  Thus, no Quinn Hughes.

You are correct. There are no actual college kids in the game. I meant the US region players lol I just call them college kids because that's where most kids that age will play.

It doesn't seem like they follow the college game model but I'm curious when I can safely pluck him out of the US regions.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

You are correct. There are no actual college kids in the game. I meant the US region players lol I just call them college kids because that's where most kids that age will play.

It doesn't seem like they follow the college game model but I'm curious when I can safely pluck him out of the US regions.

I have a feeling that the fictional US system in the game just follows the NHL season, so you basically just have to wait out the entire year.  I haven't even seen a way to call up kids that aren't on your AHL roster.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I have a feeling that the fictional US system in the game just follows the NHL season, so you basically just have to wait out the entire year.  I haven't even seen a way to call up kids that aren't on your AHL roster.

Thanks for the insight. Yeah, I think I have had situations in the past where an unsigned player once signed ends up on your nhl roster. I don't know if that was a fluke or if those players had a special designation or something. I am very interested in seeing how my guy develops. Maybe I will wait until the regular season is over then offer him a contract in the 2nd round of the playoffs. By then the frozen 4 should be completed and I can see if he's possible to bring onto my squad. Then again it might backfire.. if the fictional system plays an nhl style playoff format. Then I might yank him off his strong team heading into the playoffs lol. (I wish I could see what team was he was on and their record. We are kind of in the dark of his teams progress. With goalie prospects you have an idea but you don't know if you have 2 guys on the same team if their both in US regions.)

Thanks for your help!

I may have to keep him there until the end of the season. appreciate it.

34 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Maybe I will wait until the regular season is over then offer him a contract in the 2nd round of the playoffs. By then the frozen 4 should be completed and I can see if he's possible to bring onto my squad.

I gotta admit, I have never tried signing an unsigned player mid-season.  Maybe I'll experiment with that one.

I absolutely love the changes they have made to franchise mode. I really wish they would include made up team names for the USA regions though. It would be nice to know if two of my USA guys were on the same squad.

Also the ability to see the junior teams records would also help in assessing players and their contributions. I'm not sure EA wants to go that far down the rabbit hole though.

OkFranchise mode update. Maarku Granlund our 3rd overall in the 2018 draft is leading our team with 49 points in 73 games. (20 goals)

The teams leading goal scorer is David Krejci who we got in a draft Day trade last summer. Krejci has 24 goals.

Vince Dunn leads the team on defence with 33 points in 73 games. 

Here is our team leaders, standings, and Granlund's stats nearing the end of the season.

IMG_20181229_115448.jpg

IMG_20181229_115508.jpg

IMG_20181229_115018.jpg

I'm playing on 3 minute periods so the goals for / against and PP / PK %s might be a little skewed.

Edited by Rush17

I'm getting Loui Eriksson type performance out of Nyquist lol. I overpaid him 7.5m for 2 seasons in the summer. He has 8 goals / 23 assists / 31 points in 73 games lol. 

He's been a good shutdown guy though. :lol: the Yanni Gourde trade has helped our team immensely. We picked him up before the RFA signing deadline as he was still unsigned. Paid a pretty penny but he's been worth every cent.

Our lines need constant jumbling as the offence runs dry often. I may have found a good balance now though. *Lines below*

Spoiler

Gourde Krejci Granlund

Nyquist Barbashev Lehkonen

Williams Pyatt Eaves

McGinn Ritchie Connolly

Dunn Stralman

Alzner Braun

Beaulieu Myers

Korpisalo 925 sv% 1.05 GAA 17 shutouts (next best shutout record is 10 - guys a stud)

Bernier 905 sv% 1.85 GAA 7 shutouts (subpar, good backup in small bursts)

I picked up Phillipe Myers and Erik Gudbranson to add some physicality to my backend. Gudbranson looks like a dud he can't hit anyone he's so slow. I paid a fortune for Myers who has a low top 4 potential and is 75 OA at age 22 but he's fitting in well. He's physical, very good defensively and has a rocket of a shot.

Just started using Myers on the first unit PP. He had a bad giveaway lackadaisically skating up the ice but a forward bailed him out thankfully lol. He has 2 goals in 8 gp. (I have the original roster from day 1 on there)

Edited by Rush17

The Kansas City Sting my expansion club is one game away from their first NHL playoff series. We have all but won the President's trophy and are set to battle the Chicago Blackhawks in round one of the playoffs.

The Hawks are the 5th best team in the west but are in the final wildcard spot. Our team matches up pretty well against Chicago but we will see how the team does vs them in a 7 game series.

Down the stretch Kansas City played our biggest division rival the Winnipeg Jets. The team stormed out to 3-1 lead but one slip up by goaltender Bernier on a bad pass completely changed the complexion of the game. Winnipeg charged back and took the lead 4-3. We clawed back to make it 4-4 they eventually got a 5th goal. In the final minute of the game. Kansas city then miraculous tied it in the final 9 seconds of the game. Winnipeg would go on to win it 6-5 though in 3 on 3 overtime. 

After that loss the team took the next game off completely falling flat losing 3-1 to not so hot red wings club. The team then lost 2 more consecutive games. The organization opted to waive Gibbons to give young forward Jesse Ylonen a look. Ylonen managed 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games before being sent down. 

We then called up Jordan Weal who has been leading our farm team and the AHL in points with 81 pts in 81 games. Weak turned into an 80 overall before the callup. We felt he would best best compliment our fourth line. This buys our other young players a chance to have a bigger role in our farm teams playoff run as well.

Korpisalo got our second to last game of the season. He will now playout the regular season after a 2 game rest before the playoffs. Korpisalo still boasts a .924% and has been instrumental in our team's success.

Lines going into the playoffs vs Chicago are as follows:

Gourde, Krejci, Granlund (draft pick)

Nyquist, Barbashev, Williams

Lekhonen, Pyatt, Connolly

McGinn, Weal, Ritchie

Dunn, Stralman

Azlner, Braun

Beaulieu, Myers

Korpisalo, Bernier

Wish us luck! It's going to be a challenge. Offence isn't one of our strong suits. We are going to need korpisalo to continue on carrying us and an Overall fast and strong defensive team game. 

Kansas City Sting Team Leaders:

Granlund leads all forwards with 53 PT's in 81 GP.

Dunn leads all defenceman with 38 PT's in 81 GP.

Korpisalo leads all goalies with .924 SV% and a 1.04GAA.

Edited by Rush17

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Kansas City Sting Team Leaders:

Granlund leads all forwards with 53 PT's in 81 GP.

Dunn leads all defenceman with 38 PT's in 81 GP.

Korpisalo leads all goalies with .924 SV% and a 1.04GAA.

Dang dude, I had two Dman top 60points.  I've never simmed a season where my leading forward didn't at least average 1 point a game.  What are you using for Team Strat? I always do full out offense and contain puck for Defense.

NVM I see you play all the games.  My main franchise is on year 15, starting to see young guns like Nylander retire.   I took some pics, now I need to find a way to upload them(work pc won't read my phone).  I created myself as a playmaking center with zero shot and I'll play maybe 1 or 2 games a year.  I am on Hartford(Carolina) and have won the cup twice but currently on my third rebuild.  I play with the cap off but I do follow the cap and never ice a team over $80mil.  My teams get so stack that I 'donate' players to crappy teams and basically can move anyone anywhere, even on 'Hard' trade difficulty.  An example was there was this franchise center with a French sounding name so I traded for the pick then traded that pick to Quebec(Florida) so they could draft him lol.  I also had a Quinn Hughes clone(his first name was Quinn too), a 6' OFD that once he wanted $7+mil I gave him away to Vancouver.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Dang dude, I had two Dman top 60points.  I've never simmed a season where my leading forward didn't at least average 1 point a game.  What are you using for Team Strat? I always do full out offense and contain puck for Defense.

NVM I see you play all the games.  My main franchise is on year 15, starting to see young guns like Nylander retire.   I took some pics, now I need to find a way to upload them(work pc won't read my phone).  I created myself as a playmaking center with zero shot and I'll play maybe 1 or 2 games a year.  I am on Hartford(Carolina) and have won the cup twice but currently on my third rebuild.  I play with the cap off but I do follow the cap and never ice a team over $80mil.  My teams get so stack that I 'donate' players to crappy teams and basically can move anyone anywhere, even on 'Hard' trade difficulty.  An example was there was this franchise center with a French sounding name so I traded for the pick then traded that pick to Quebec(Florida) so they could draft him lol.  I also had a Quinn Hughes clone(his first name was Quinn too), a 6' OFD that once he wanted $7+mil I gave him away to Vancouver.

Yeah, I play all my games. I wish I had 2 x 60 point guys lol. My top D men in terms of overalls are Stralman at 84 and Braun at 83. Dunn is still 79 overall but his speed really opens up things for my offence. Granlund was my 3rd overall pick from the 2018 draft. I traded a pile of stuff including Giordano for the 5th overall pick, I got myself a stud elite TWD cooking in the NCAA at the moment. I'm super excited about him but he needs at least the remainder of the year to catch up to the NHL. 

Scoring is a challenge with this squad. We got like a pile of 3rd line players ( i think 2/3's or more of our forward group is all 3rd line guys ). Krejci is a 2nd liner. Gourde was a 3rd liner but he's stepped up and is now a 2nd liner in his suggested role. Granlund is actually suggested as a 4th liner but he's a great workerbee on my top line going in on the forecheck. He helps the D out on that top pairing. 

Generating offence has been tricky. Barbashev is sitting around 25-30 points over 81 games. Lehkonen has started scoring lately but his production is rather low, sitting below 20 pts. He's had 4 goals over the past 15-18 games though so he's getting better. Barbashev and Lehkonen's speed helps with our aggressive attack strategy. They complement our other forwards well. I play a very sound defensive game and use our speed to create rushes with crisp passing. Against bigger more defensive teams we tend to get stuck in the neutral zone a lot. Winnipeg is a battle lol. Fast teams, we do pretty well against though.  I created Quinn prior to my franchise mode. He might be on the Canucks I should look into that lol. That may have been in my nhl 18 game though I can't remember.