The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brock Nelson

Curious what it would take to get Nelson out of NY. Even with Tavares gone, he still seems the odd man out on depth chart. 

To me he seems like a healthier Sutter but just not as good on faceoffs.

He is set for arbitration so Im not sure if he CAN be traded but worth a shot.

Could be a decent 2nd line C, scores 20-25/ year and hasnt been injured. 

Horvat

Nelson

Sutter

Beagle

Good center depth until the TDL when Sutter AND possibly Nelson can be flipped for good picks/prospects, and bring Gaudette up

Thoughts?

NYIs have 15 forwards signed and 5 of them are Cs.  They seem primed to unload a couple before the season begins (they also appear to have several f prospects coming along.  If the Canucks trade for a C, I hope that player can also play W.  Does Brock play C?

Perhaps a situation where Hutton or Pouliot + 4th? would get a trade done.  They may be desperate enough to unload a forward to accept a questionable trade.

That sure is a nasty contract for Boychuck...6m for 4 more years and he's 34yrs.  NMC as well:huh:  Another AZ signing?:lol:

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

NYIs have 15 forwards signed and 5 of them are Cs.  They seem primed to unload a couple before the season begins (they also appear to have several f prospects coming along.  If the Canucks trade for a C, I hope that player can also play W.  Does Brock play C?

Perhaps a situation where Hutton or Pouliot + 4th? would get a trade done.  They may be desperate enough to unload a forward to accept a questionable trade.

That sure is a nasty contract for Boychuck...6m for 4 more years and he's 34yrs.  NMC as well:huh:  Another AZ signing?:lol:

It’ll take a little more than that to get Nelson. Maybe Hutton and a 2nd?

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

It’ll take a little more than that to get Nelson. Maybe Hutton and a 2nd?

I thought of that, but I don't think JB gives up a 2nd at this point.

NYI are looking desperate to unload a couple of forwards, so maybe it turns into an Ehrhoff situation.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I thought of that, but I don't think JB gives up a 2nd at this point.

NYI are looking desperate to unload a couple of forwards, so maybe it turns into an Ehrhoff situation.

Possibly. Nelson would be a good 2C for Pettersson. 

Brock Nelson 6"3, turns 27 in October..He should score 19-25 goals - 45 point guy..

RFA Will have to sign a new contract should be in 3.5 - 4 million range..

Think NYI will want something decent in return..

I think NYI will want to keep him for depth, lots of cap room decent 2nd or 3rd line centre.

18 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Curious what it would take to get Nelson out of NY. Even with Tavares gone, he still seems the odd man out on depth chart. 

?  NYI faithful all have him fully in their plans.   What makes you think he is an odd man out?

21 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

?  NYI faithful all have him fully in their plans.   What makes you think he is an odd man out?

Considering the depth they have....

Barzal

Beauvillier

Kovar

Czickas

Filipula

Im wondering who Nelson jumps over without being shackled to the 4th line.

You could be right and I was merely spit balling when I made this post. 

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Considering the depth they have....

Barzal

Beauvillier

Kovar

Czickas

Filipula

Im wondering who Nelson jumps over without being shackled to the 4th line.

You could be right and I was merely spit balling when I made this post. 

Beauvillier is developing well and will likely become the 2nd, but I think Nelson will settle in as the 3rdC.  Interesting he was only signed for 1 yr.  The Isles have some decent young Cs biting at his heals.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Beauvillier is developing well and will likely become the 2nd, but I think Nelson will settle in as the 3rdC.  Interesting he was only signed for 1 yr.  The Isles have some decent young Cs biting at his heals.

Sure on the 3rd but where do Czickas, Filipula and Kovar settle in? Over on LW you got 

Lee

Ladd

AB can play there too

Martin when he's not in the pressbox

Komarov

Kunhackle

Somebody is definately going

23 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Sure on the 3rd but where do Czickas, Filipula and Kovar settle in? Over on LW you got 

Lee

Ladd

AB can play there too

Martin when he's not in the pressbox

Komarov

Kunhackle

Somebody is definately going

They fight Brock for 3rd (which I don't think they win) or get 4th.  The remaining 2 will battle it out with the wingers.  Lots of trade and waiver fodder coming up.  The Isles also have Bellows and Hosang who both play C and W pushing to get a chance; hence the 'show me' 1yr contract for Nelson.

Archived