The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Police in Canada can now demand breath samples in bars, at home

RUPERTKBD

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Sort of. While the communists regimes took on parts of Marx' ideologies, they also had a tendency to pick and choose the parts they liked and come up with their own; hence Leninism, Stalinism and Maoism. 

It's kind of like blaming Nietzsche for the Nazis. There's definitely shared elements in there but it really doesn't tell the whole story. 

Again though, you're not talking about Marxism proper. You're referring to cultural Marxism which is a very different thing. 

Uh-huh...

If you're going down the 'we just haven't done it properly' path. I'm not interested.

Just now, aGENT said:

Uh-huh...

If you're going down the 'we just haven't done it properly' path. I'm not interested.

That wasn't the point of my post at all. I was trying to demonstrate the difference between what you were labeling Marxism and what you were actually describing. 

4 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

If "basically scot-free" means hit and run charges along with likely a handful of other charges based on the severity of the person's injuries. 

If you hit a kill, someone, while drunk the consequences are far worse than hitting someone while sober. You're better off fleeing the scene and drinking and claiming you had a breakdown and started drinking. This is why the law has been put in place also because insurance companies don't want to pay for it. If you're drunk and get in an accident you are not insured and you will lose everything you have and then have your wages docked for life. 

5 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If you hit a kill, someone, while drunk the consequences are far worse than hitting someone while sober. You're better off fleeing the scene and drinking and claiming you had a breakdown and started drinking. This is why the law has been put in place also because insurance companies don't want to pay for it. If you're drunk and get in an accident you are not insured and you will lose everything you have and then have your wages docked for life. 

If this is what a murderer does to skip out on punishment, then that’s when vigilante justice should replace the lack in the legal system.  Out comes Mr. Louisville Slugger.  

24 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Your insurance would cover the other person and then skyrocket your insurance but that person should be in prison. You would not be docked wages for life you just wouldn't get coverage on your vehicle.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Nowhere have I minimized the harms of drunk driving.

Guarantee you Marxism has killed more people than drunk driving.

ah ok my misunderstanding then.

I can safely say that campus commies is very far down the list of things I worry about, but drunk drivers are when my kid is coming home late on the weekend.

But as usual I enjoyed our discussion today, no hard feelings I hope. -_-

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

ah ok my misunderstanding then.

I can safely say that campus commies is very far down the list of things I worry about, but drunk drivers are when my kid is coming home late on the weekend.

But as usual I enjoyed our discussion today, no hard feelings I hope. -_-

And as we've discussed elsewhere, Commies aren't staying on campuses.

Canaries. Coal mines.

No hard feelings at all.

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

That wasn't the point of my post at all. I was trying to demonstrate the difference between what you were labeling Marxism and what you were actually describing. 

If the 20th century taught us anything, it's that 'Real' Marxism is a utopian fairy tale that cannot exist in reality. As a society heads down that path and as the fairy tale collides with reality (and humanity), it leads to murderous consequences in the tens (hundreds?) of millions, despite what may have started off as good intentions.

Just now, aGENT said:

If the 20th century taught us anything, it's that 'Real' Marxism is a utopian fairy tale that cannot exist in reality (and humanity). As a society heads down that path and as the fairy tale collides with reality, it leads to murderous consequences in the tens (hundreds?) of millions, despite what may have started off as good intentions.

Sorry, are you under the impression that I’m advocating Marxism? If so, that’s not what I’m doing at all. I’m simply saying that you seem to be unaware there’s a big difference between Marxism and what you fear is happening in universities. 

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Sorry, are you under the impression that I’m advocating Marxism? If so, that’s not what I’m doing at all. I’m simply saying that you seem to be unaware there’s a big difference between Marxism and what you fear is happening in universities. 

https://www.academia.org/self-identifying-marxist-professors-outnumber-conservatives-as-college-professors/

About 18 percent of social scientists in the United States self-identify as Marxists, compared to only about 5 percent who identify as conservatives, Dunn and Shields reported.

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Interesting. You wouldn't happen to know where they got their numbers from, do you? I'm trying to find any information about how they reached that number but the only thing I can find is links to more conservative blogs reporting the panel itself. While I'm not dismissing you out of hand, from looking at the links in the story, I have a gut feeling that author may have an agenda of their own. 

18% does seem awfully high to me considering Marxism is a complete dead end of an ideology though.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Something tells me I know who @aGENT , @HerrDrFunk and @Jimmy McGill are voting for this fall.:bigblush:

download.jpeg

They're just not ready. Good logo though! :lol:

Which actually kinda brings me to another point, if there's a widespread conspiracy to indoctrinate people into Marxist ideologies (which apparently began in the 60s), why do communist parties in Canada remain nothing more than fringe novelties? Why is the NDP looking like it's going to get absolutely crushed this election?

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Which actually kinda brings me to another point, if there's a widespread conspiracy to indoctrinate people into Marxist ideologies (which apparently began in the 60s), why do communist parties in Canada remain nothing more than fringe novelties? Why is the NDP looking like it's going to get absolutely crushed this election?

They have never won a seat, hell I don't think they have ever secured 5% in a riding but let's be honest could they be much worse then our 3 parties?:lol:

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Your insurance would cover the other person and then skyrocket your insurance but that person should be in prison. You would not be docked wages for life you just wouldn't get coverage on your vehicle.

This is incorrect.

Insurance may pay out the claim of the person you hit if the car you used is registered to someone else. There is also UMP with ICBC. But if you are in breach, ICBC will come after you to recoup everything they paid out in any lawsuit.

1 minute ago, Seifer86 said:

This is incorrect.

Insurance may pay out the claim of the person you hit if the car you used is registered to someone else. There is also UMP with ICBC. But if you are in breach, ICBC will come after you to recoup everything they paid out in any lawsuit.

Who said it was registered to someone else? Also you wouldn't be docked pay for life. You could simply go bankrupt.

41 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Interesting. You wouldn't happen to know where they got their numbers from, do you? I'm trying to find any information about how they reached that number but the only thing I can find is links to more conservative blogs reporting the panel itself. While I'm not dismissing you out of hand, from looking at the links in the story, I have a gut feeling that author may have an agenda of their own. 

18% does seem awfully high to me considering Marxism is a complete dead end of an ideology though.

Right now I'm trying to get my &^@#ing PVR working to watch the game :lol:

46 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Vocal and active minority.

Archived