• Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 11:30 PM

15 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What a puke Ron Maclean is.

He'll do anything to make some stupid word pun during the commentary sections, and these little word games do absolutely nothing to add to the the game analysis... its just some weird little ego game for him.

Someone should lock him in the janitors closet at the start of the game and lose the key.

I'm not disagreeing with you but what I'm zeroing in on is the usage of "word pun" as compared to just a pun. Is a pun not a word pun filled with words that formulate a pun?

14 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but what I'm zeroing in on is the usage of "word pun" as compared to just a pun. Is a pun not a word pun filled with words that formulate a pun?

You're right 'word pun' is not the right term... not sure what to call his weird little word games.... "Aphorisms"... "Pearl of Wisdom".... Who knows...?

Whatever they are, they add nothing to the commentary and are just him preening his feathers.

I don't think much of Don Cherry's commentaries lately, but even in his advanced stage of dementia he is a hell of a lot more relevant and knowledgeable than Maclean.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree! Big time sleeper! He was a secret weapon in my pool this year! 

Young, 22, proven big bastard. Would you give the 10 OA? For him? o.o honestly I would-- it's not far from where he was originally drafted. It's a bold move but he's gonna be scoring goals for a long time

Top line of

Meier Pettersson Boeser

That top line gives Boeser two guys who can read the ice and feed him all day and gives Petey two scoring options cause the guy can shoot it

Or second line of

Meier Horvat Virtanen. Big bois, big pain

You could also do a third line of

Meier Gaudette Sutter/Beagle but you wouldn't drop him down but if coach is looking to switch things on the fly, you can easily move him up and down the card

Im not good the armchair thing at all XD but you can strongly make a case for this guy

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You're right 'word pun' is not the right term... not sure what to call his weird little word games.... "Aphorisms"... "Pearl of Wisdom".... Who knows...?

Whatever they are, they add nothing to the commentary and are just him preening his feathers.

Just spotted a loophole ... ;)

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Young, 22, proven big bastard. Would you give the 10 OA? For him? o.o honestly I would-- it's not far from where he was originally drafted. It's a bold move but he's gonna be scoring goals for a long time

Top line of

Meier Pettersson Boeser

That top line gives Boeser two guys who can read the ice and feed him all day and gives Petey two scoring options cause the guy can shoot it

Or second line of

Meier Horvat Virtanen. Big bois, big pain

You could also do a third line of

Meier Gaudette Sutter/Beagle but you wouldn't drop him down but if coach is looking to switch things on the fly, you can easily move him and and down the card

Im not good the armchair thing at all XD but you can strongly make a case for this guy

Yeah, I would. I believe Mier's ceiling is higher. We need this type of player.