The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

9 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The game plan is pretty consistent.  Their goal will be to win the west coast, the northeast, and the deep south.  But they are probably going to get slaughtered in the rust belt states.

I disagree...on all counts. Why would their "goal" be to win areas they already have sewn up?:unsure:

I guess we'll see....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Biden supports eliminating private donations for elections, paid FMLA, ending cash bail, elimination of private prisons, creating national registry for guns, minimum wage up to $15, public junior college should be free, gun buyback program, universal background check for gun purchases, citizenship for dreamers, ending subsidies to oil companies etc.

Joe Biden was always considered more progressive member of the Democratic Party way before he was a VP.

Even Sanders hardcore fans admit that, sure in comparison to Bernie he is more centrist.

Biden is not going to have bromance with Vlad, little Kim, Bolsonaro, Duterte etc.

But what we really need to stop is beyond unpresidential behavior in the White House.
Name calling crooked Hillary, lying Ted, mini Mike, Pocahontas, shifty Schiff, crazy Bernie, fat Jerry, dummy Beto.

Calling other people stupid, lazy, pigs, pathetic, slobs etc.

Demonizing journalists as liars, fake news purveyors, insulting every single ally that we have, disparaging remarks about Mexicans etc.

Corruption and nepotism unlike anything I have seen in my life, with the exception of Eastern Europe, Central America  and Africa

Most self entitled, narcissistic, incompetent, egotistical, arrogant and divisive president in the U.S history 

forget about the orange clown (if we can) just for a moment - whats the plan to keep the US economy going? or maybe pull it out of one of the darkest times ever? Biden is going to have to have a plan that gets wall st excited about the recovery, but thats going to not sit well with the progressives. Its going to be a challenge. 

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can answer that for him....

It's because although republicans have figured out ways to keep lower income voters and voters of color from exercising their right to vote, (by closing polling stations, instituting voter ID restrictions, gerrymandering, etc) they still haven't figured out a way to keep them out of the post office....

yeah its pretty sick. Secure online voting could one day be the end of the Republican party forever. 

As I watch the USA being destroyed by buffoons and nincompoops.TRUMP AND MCCONNELL.They are just EVIL.

it shows that their system of government is just so corrupt and broken and a total joke that they still think they have a democacy.

With YOU TUBE showing in real time the crime spree of DONALD TRUMP AND HIS FAMILY ,this maniac of a president is not what the normal people of the USA want I am sure.

Look at the way they have handled this pandemic and tell me they care about their citizens,just shameful.If there is no profit for Trump he is not interested,just so corrupt.

Bernie Sanders is a decent man who has been fighting to help regular people and the corporate media and the wealthy can't have that,so unjust and corrupt.

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

forget about the orange clown (if we can) just for a moment - whats the plan to keep the US economy going? or maybe pull it out of one of the darkest times ever? Biden is going to have to have a plan that gets wall st excited about the recovery, but thats going to not sit well with the progressives. Its going to be a challenge. 

Yeah, we are in uncharted waters in regards to this virus and it’s effects on the economy.

Economic plan for recovery will be dependent on how long the economy stays shut down and the damage it causes.

I think Sanders will push Biden on Medicare for all type of plan, as that seems to be huge issue with younger and progressive voters.

His withdrawal will be rewarded with some sort of compromise. Maybe increase in capital gains tax, higher taxation for the

corporations etc.

Edited by CBH1926

44 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, we are in uncharted waters in regards to this virus and it’s effects on the economy.

Economic plan for recovery will be dependent on how long the economy stays shut down and the damage it causes.

I think Sanders will push Biden on Medicare for all type of plan, as that seems to be huge issue with younger and progressive voters.

His withdrawal will be rewarded with some sort of compromise. Maybe increase in capital gains tax, higher taxation for the

corporations etc.

you just have to hope enough progressives see what they want in Bidens message - and really its up to Bernie to be a uniting force, not someone with sour grapes. He needs to do some of the job of convincing self identified progressives to get out and vote. 

Trump is going to do all he can to scare people. That kind of thing is often very successful for Republicans.  But better medicare coverage will be something top of mind for most Americans I would think after this, and old Joe has to get positive reviews on his economic plans. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you just have to hope enough progressives see what they want in Bidens message - and really its up to Bernie to be a uniting force, not someone with sour grapes. He needs to do some of the job of convincing self identified progressives to get out and vote. 

Trump is going to do all he can to scare people. That kind of thing is often very successful for Republicans.  But better medicare coverage will be something top of mind for most Americans I would think after this, and old Joe has to get positive reviews on his economic plans. 

I think there is certain portion of Sanders voters that will vote green or not vote regardless of what Bernie says or does.

Sanders will try to bring those that are on the fence.

Those that vote for Trump are more repulsive than Trumpers, at least his hardcore base doesn’t hide their hatred or pretend to care.

It will be interesting to see the VP pick, it should be someone that will go hard at Trump.

He is a chauvinist, hates being criticized by a woman, he told Pence that if governor Whitmer calls he doesn’t want to talk to her.

Trump will run his nasty campaign, but it’s up to voters to wake up and actually go and vote.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I think there is certain portion of Sanders voters that will vote green or not vote regardless of what Bernie says or does.

Sanders will try to bring those that are on the fence.

Those that vote for Trump are more repulsive than Trumpers, at least his hardcore base doesn’t hide their hatred or pretend to care.

It will be interesting to see the VP pick, it should be someone that will go hard at Trump.

He is a chauvinist, hates being criticized by a woman, he told Pence that if governor Whitmer calls he doesn’t want to talk to her.

Trump will run his nasty campaign, but it’s up to voters to wake up and actually go and vote.

I still think Kamala Harris is the favorite, but i also think that a good dark horse bet is Gretchen Whitmer.

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I still think Kamala Harris is the favorite, but i also think that a good dark horse bet is Gretchen Whitmer.

Yeah, she was a prosecutor so she shouldn’t have a problem attacking Trump.

Since DT won’t even talk to Whitmer she might be a good trigger for his outburst.

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, she was a prosecutor so she shouldn’t have a problem attacking Trump.

Since DT won’t even talk to Whitmer she might be a good trigger for his outburst.

She's also the governor of a battleground state....

This IMO, is the one big strike against Harris. California is safely democrat. It all comes down to how much the Dems think a VP can influence voting in their home territory.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

She's also the governor of a battleground state....

This IMO, is the one big strike against Harris. California is safely democrat. It all comes down to how much the Dems think a VP can influence voting in their home territory.

I would prefer person of color but I think Whitmer is a better pick between the two.

Susan Rice and Marcia Fudge might be in a running too.

Word on the street is that JB has been talking to Obama about who to pick.

I know how much cons hate Barry, so any pick endorsed by him is ok by me.

Well Biden better commit himself to a public option and start toning down his rhetoric of never signing a medicare for all bill should it pass congress. 

I mean after this pandemic, a public option that at the very least covers essential care is a no brainer winning policy. Heck I think Trump might pull this out if he is slipping hard against Biden or whomever replace him should the need arise. 

Bernie has endorsed Joe Biden:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us-election-2020/bernie-sanders-endorses-former-rival-joe-biden-for-president/ar-BB12zBrJ?li=AAggNb9

Hopefully the "Bernie or Bust" crowd will realize this time around that acting like spoiled children who didn't get their way is contributing to the election campaign of Donald Trump. Again.<_<

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Bernie has endorsed Joe Biden:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us-election-2020/bernie-sanders-endorses-former-rival-joe-biden-for-president/ar-BB12zBrJ?li=AAggNb9

Hopefully the "Bernie or Bust" crowd will realize this time around that acting like spoiled children who didn't get their way is contributing to the election campaign of Donald Trump. Again.<_<

She has been very outspoken part of no Biden camp.

I follow her on twitter and she has quite a following.

https://www.newsweek.com/after-bernie-sanders-endorses-joe-biden-his-campaign-press-secretary-says-i-dont-1497626

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

She has been very outspoken part of no Biden camp.

I follow her on twitter and she has quite a following.

https://www.newsweek.com/after-bernie-sanders-endorses-joe-biden-his-campaign-press-secretary-says-i-dont-1497626

Unfortunately, there are always going to be a few willing to cut off their nose to spite their face....:rolleyes:

I'd like to take the Newsweek editor and give him/her a slap though....The headline quotes Sanders' "Press Secretary", while the first paragraph of the article clarifies her as his "former Press Secretary".....<_<

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unfortunately, there are always going to be a few willing to cut off their nose to spite their face....:rolleyes:

I'd like to take the Newsweek editor and give him/her a slap though....The headline quotes Sanders' "Press Secretary", while the first paragraph of the article clarifies her as his "former Press Secretary".....<_<

Fake news

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I’m glad I’m not an American, because as a lefty, their political system would drive me crazy. The right has no problem uniting behind their chosen guy. But the left? So much squabbling and unwillingness to just hold their nose and vote for the guy that, while maybe not representative of their ideal, gets as close as is available right now, and is light years closer than the guy on the other side.

I mean, just look at right wing evangelicals. They vote in droves for Trump, even though I’m sure none of them really wanted an orange, Luciferian, serial rapist for a president (I kid... well, kinda). And Trump’s never going to turn the USA into a full blown theocracy, execute abortionists, and jail or deport nonbelievers. But he will stack the courts for them, and that’s enough. Unyielding support, the likes of which Democrats never seem able to gain from any group inside their “big tent.”

• Cheers 3

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m glad I’m not an American, because as a lefty, their political system would drive me crazy. The right has no problem uniting behind their chosen guy. But the left? So much squabbling and unwillingness to just hold their nose and vote for the guy that, while maybe not representative of their ideal, gets as close as is available right now, and is light years closer than the guy on the other side.

I mean, just look at right wing evangelicals. They vote in droves for Trump, even though I’m sure none of them really wanted an orange, Luciferian, serial rapist for a president (I kid... well, kinda). And Trump’s never going to turn the USA into a full blown theocracy, execute abortionists, and jail or deport nonbelievers. But he will stack the courts for them, and that’s enough. Unyielding support, the likes of which Democrats never seem able to gain from any group inside their “big tent.”

Yep. I don't even think Roe v. Wade is the target anymore........it's now the, "death by 1000 cuts" strategy now....we're already seeing all kinds of restrictive laws being enacted in Red States....basically daring the pro-choice lobby to take them to the SCOTUS....