The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK Citizenship Stripped from Jihadi Jack, Leaves Him with Canadian Citizenship

DonLever

13 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Only if the Supreme Court rules that the Canadian Government violated his rights.  That happened in the Khadr case, and that is the #1 reason why the government settled Khadr's civil case saving taxpayers like you and me money. 

Please tell me how this in this case his rights as a Canadian Citizen were violated??   

Actually considering we don't know what the outcome would have been it's hard to be so sure like you are. Using your crystal ball again?

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

I heard he is subletting at JT’s house.

I wish he would. Remember JT said returning ISIS fighters will be a great voice in their communities. He also said a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. There you go JT you wanted it this way.

29 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

This country is an embarrassment some days. July 1 people go waving their flags about. I don't. 

It is an embarrassment some days especially with this pm but if you aren't proud of Canada feel free to leave. Clearly you have a major interest in the US maybe go down there.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually considering we don't know what the outcome would have been it's hard to be so sure like you are. Using your crystal ball again?

I wish he would. Remember JT said returning ISIS fighters will be a great voice in their communities. He also said a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. There you go JT you wanted it this way.

It is an embarrassment some days especially with this pm but if you aren't proud of Canada feel free to leave. Clearly you have a major interest in the US maybe go down there.

I'll stay right here thank you very much

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

So much for the benefits of being part of the commonwealth.  :rolleyes:

They just played "tag" with a terrorists and shoved him off onto you guys.

If Canada doesn't dump the UK once Elizabeth is dead or abdicates her crown, I will dumbfounded. 

We shouldn't be in the commonwealth!!

But want some facts? Even though hair gel piped up and invited them all back none are back yet, whether it's the military or csis or someone in gov telling JT to shut up but someone has halted and it's actually remained relatively quiet on that subject. But guess which Country has returned ISIS fighters? Here's a hint you live in that nation. 

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its particularly noticeable when UK PMs talk about how their relationship with the US is their most important one. 

Well it is. The UK military is very underfunded, low on equipment and personnel and considering the threats they spew they need an "important "relationship with the the US.

Tbh though the "special relationship" dates back to ww2.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

And not even celebrate Canada day. Cool.

I missed the part where it was a requirement to celebrate the degrading quality of this country. Waving your pom poms all you want won't change that undeniable fact

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol he admittedly still lives with his parents...I'm sure that's Canada's fault too.

By choice. It's the logical choice. But yes, the government of Canada is largely to blame for the housing crisis in this country

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well it is. The UK military is very underfunded, low on equipment and personnel and considering the threats they spew they need an "important "relationship with the the US.

Tbh though the "special relationship" dates back to ww2.

I know, I just think the monarchy has outlived its usefulness. Would still keep a parliamentary style democracy tho. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Remember JT said returning ISIS fighters will be a great voice in their communities.

He also said a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. 

see this is why these threads always go off the rails, you know you're purposely misusing Trudeau's quite on returning fighters. Why not just debate on what was really said? 

We do need to respect what it means to have Canadian citizenship. 

All the UK did was offload the problem to someone else. How is that a conservative principle? 

22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't need a crystal ball.  The only reason you settle (pay) is that there is a high likelihood of losing.  The only reason the lawyers recommended the $10 million is there was a high likelihood of the judgment and cost of the trial being higher.  It's one reason why TRUMP settled the TRUMP University case and this is why Khadr got what he got.  I don't like it.  You don't like it.  However, I'm able to see the forest for the trees.  Kinda sad your bias won't let you see.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

see this is why these threads always go off the rails, you know you're purposely misusing Trudeau's quite on returning fighters. Why not just debate on what was really said? 

We do need to respect what it means to have Canadian citizenship. 

All the UK did was offload the problem to someone else. How is that a conservative principle? 

No I'm not!

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Diversity is a strength.......

in your home not mine.

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I missed the part where it was a requirement to celebrate the degrading quality of this country. Waving your pom poms all you want won't change that undeniable fact

By choice. It's the logical choice. But yes, the government of Canada is largely to blame for the housing crisis in this country

No one is making you stay in Vancouver, truthfully I don't know why anyone would. Life isn't fair or free. Actually it is...you're free to move where there isn't a housing crisis. However it appears you choose not to and choose to complain about it instead of doing better for yourself. Blaming multiple federal governments looks foolish, are you that dependent on government?

For fun what are the degrading qualities in this country?

55 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No I'm not!

yeah but you are. He was talking about people that have come back and have potentially reformed themselves and would talk to young men about why its a bad idea to do what they did. Its the same idea as ex gang members talking to kids. Its not at all like the CPC has spun it.

The other side of it is doing our duty as a country, and prosecuting and jailing our citizens for what they've done, not offloading our responsibilities like the UK just did. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill