The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK Citizenship Stripped from Jihadi Jack, Leaves Him with Canadian Citizenship

DonLever

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

No that was very good policy. It wouldn't be in 100% of cases and it's after being found guilty of terrorism. 

that I have no problem with for dual citizens not born here, and its already the law. For the ones born here, thats our problem to lock them up for life. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

We shouldn't be in the commonwealth!!

But want some facts? Even though hair gel piped up and invited them all back none are back yet, whether it's the military or csis or someone in gov telling JT to shut up but someone has halted and it's actually remained relatively quiet on that subject. But guess which Country has returned ISIS fighters? Here's a hint you live in that nation. 

Of course we bring them back then promptly lock them up.  Unlike Canada, we aren't shy about punishing our reprobates.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Of course we bring them back then promptly lock them up.  Unlike Canada, we aren't shy about punishing our reprobates.

Unlike Trudeau you mean. No the issue isn't about punishing them, Canada does that it's about don't bring them back shoot them there.

40 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's not law. "A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. "

Dual citizens can have their Canadian citizenship stripped.   Stripping someone of single citizenship and making them stateless is against international law.   I don't want to live in a Canada that does that.  You seem all to amiable to going down that illegal road.   Sad.

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Unlike Trudeau you mean. No the issue isn't about punishing them, Canada does that it's about don't bring them back shoot them there.

We've dropped hellfire missiles on some of our own citizens who defected to Isis and Al Qaeda.  One was even relatively high up in the chain of command.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Dual citizens can have their Canadian citizenship stripped.   Stripping someone of single citizenship and making them stateless is against international law.   I don't want to live in a Canada that does that.  You seem all to amiable to going down that illegal road.   Sad.

@Ryan Strome ^ this is a very important point. 

Harper and his gang of muslim hotline promoters wanted to float the idea of taking away birthright citizenship too. That is very stupid and is also exactly what the terrorists want us to do, screw up the fundamentals of what make Canada such a great place. If you want to go full-fear thats fine, I feel bad for you. 30 idiots playing ISIS isn't worth destroying fundamental aspects of our society. 

38 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I don't think people quite understand the gravity of rendering someone stateless. 

People should be venting their anger at the UK. Offloading their responsibility completely to Canada is one hell of a kick in the nuts. 

this is the problem with acting like trained seals politically and barking on command whenever an issue comes up. There's far bigger implications here than pushing the "Justin loves terrorists" crapola. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

I don't think people quite understand the gravity of rendering someone stateless. 

People should be venting their anger at the UK. Offloading their responsibility completely to Canada is one hell of a kick in the nuts. 

Care to explain? And keep in mind he is a known terrorist. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Go back to page 1 and destroyers link 

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I just happened to be reading this. I took it from the page.

Trudeau's Liberals repealed a law that allowed for the citizenship of those convicted of terrorism offences to be revoked. The policy shift, and Trudeau's famous "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" mantra, has prompted accusations from some opponents that he is soft on national security.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is the problem with acting like trained seals politically and barking on command whenever an issue comes up. There's far bigger implications here than pushing the "Justin loves terrorists" crapola. 

JT’s dad handled the FLQ crises with far more leadership than the son is handling current terrorist operations, that’s for sure.  JT has gotten by on his looks.  The dad was sharp.  JT refuses to answer questions.  The father ate reporters for breakfast.  In this day we need a leader like the old man or Chrétien. Now We have to choose between a pretty boy (who I believe will win again because of his looks) and a pudgy-soft muffin.  Sign might be the strongest leader of the three, but he has zero chance. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I just happened to be reading this. I took it from the page.

Trudeau's Liberals repealed a law that allowed for the citizenship of those convicted of terrorism offences to be revoked. The policy shift, and Trudeau's famous "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" mantra, has prompted accusations from some opponents that he is soft on national security.

But Harpers bill went way too far. He wanted to be able to strip citizenship for many reasons. 

Why do you want to let the terrorists off the hook and not face the justice system?