The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Ok new plan for the power play. Put Louie Little Things back on the ice, wait for the puck to drop and then have him run the goalie. He will either get injured (freeing up some cap) or suspended (still funny) and we can go back to dominating the play at even strength. 

• Haha 1

I know the 1040 crowd are trying to milk some controversy out of this but I think it’s safe to chalk it up to a 10AM start following an emotional high beating the Blues.  Winning in trap games like this is the kind of consistency our young group is still a ways away from developing.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

A bunch of guys in here talking about tagging each other.... can I get ya'll a moist towel ? 

Only responded because he has dm’d me and confuse face stalked me, and now tagging me  and yet calls me the one who can't handle being tagged. So I'm going to answer it initially. I'm done with it now pretty clear who can't handle it. 

• Thanks 1

I think we need to Lower our expectations a tad so we’re not so dissapoitnded by a shutout regulation loss against.

this team has only beaten one playoff team and we did so via a shootout.

so yea were 4-3 and played well for perspective the pace were at isnt playoffs, so just to show we need to be a lot better from here.

The teams well rounded my concern I have is ep has slowed down big time since his second injury, his first four months were epic the. Mediocre numbers for a star. Anyway with Anaheim’s Nd San Jose looking like they should make it and Vegas and maybe even Edmonton it should make it hard for us to get in, especially since Calgary and Arizona could still be good.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

Contrary to the popular belief in this thread, I think they played a pretty good game for the most part.  Better than I was expecting for a 10am start.  They have to fix that PP, it sucks the energy out of the team and kills opportunities to build momentum.  All other parts of our game are firing, but that PP is holding us back.

Just now, Knucklehd said:

Contrary to the popular belief in this thread, I think they played a pretty good game for the most part.  Better than I was expecting for a 10am start.  They have to fix that PP, it sucks the energy out of the team and kills opportunities to build momentum.  All other parts of our game are firing, but that PP is holding us back.

Agreed good game terrible PP. Fire Newell

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

As I said we  aren’t that great at the moment not on a playoff pace and we’ve beaten just one good team and that wasn’t even a row win.

we really need more offense from

the d. Hooefull my starts earning his 6 

Makes me sick, just like the Canucks to make history on the wrong side of it. Jack Hughes getting his first NHL goal (and the win) against Quinn and the Canucks. Talk about bragging rights at the Hughes' household over Thanksgiving. What happened to Pettersson? Jesus, he should go back to his old stick. Captain Bo, another no-show. Yes, I know he was credited with a goal the other night, but it was a gimme. Demko played well again.  The PP is horrible, I don`t get it. So much talent and yet so futile.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

As I said we  aren’t that great at the moment not on a playoff pace and we’ve beaten just one good team and that wasn’t even a row win.

we really need more offense from

the d. Hooefull my starts earning his 6 

Uh. We need some offense from the power play. That's it. 1/6 and this game is way different. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What a let down

So true.

And in that chippy 2nd period Ferland did not up his physicality.

That was the whole reason JB went out and got him.  I know you can't play that type of game 82 times a season.  But how about for 1 period when needed?  I hope to see the Ferland we thought we were getting sooner rather than later.