We give Ottawa X

We can't get our oil to market

Trudeau hates us

We're not the problem

We need an NEP

No we didn't turn down an NEP, we turned down the NEP

This is all BC and Quebec's fault

Trudeau hates us

We give everything to Ottawa and get nothing back.

It's adorable really.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that thing is comedic gold. My favourite part is the declaration on the NEP. But every new society needs a creation myth.

Nothing is going to get solved by Albertans death grip on past perceived slights. You don't base a new country on something that happened 40+ years ago. 

My favourite part of it is how the 4 MPs who signed off on it have been in power for well over a decade, but "their province is suffering now" and it's everyone else's fault.  but certainly not theirs at all, even though they were in power through what is effectively a super majority between their provincial and federal party.

the best part though is how they whine about their sovereignty and rights as a territory, but then immediately crap all over the bands in BC having issues with pipelines running through their territory.  you cannot make up that level of hypocrisy

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

They even bitch about the "nationalization" of TMX.  I mean, do they even realize that it wasn't happening on the current timeline without Ottawa stepping in.

https://buffalodeclaration.com/the-problems

"The political veto of the Northern Gateway pipeline, regulatory strangulation of Energy East, silence over U.S. President Obama’s veto of the Keystone XL pipeline, passing Bills C-69 and C-48; small business tax increases, the carbon tax, nationalization of the TMX pipeline, failures to address significant trade issues with major economies like China and India; and refusal to enforce the rule of law on approved resource development projects or on illegal blockades have all served to close Alberta’s economy to investment and job growth. "

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

My favourite part of it is how the 4 MPs who signed off on it have been in power for well over a decade, but "their province is suffering now" and it's everyone else's fault.  but certainly not theirs at all, even though they were in power through what is effectively a super majority between their provincial and federal party

to read it, it sounds like they've never stood a chance at success. And yet they "carry" us all. Goddamn, thats one hell of a logic pretzel. 

Generational anger + too much money = stupid ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My favourite part of it is how the 4 MPs who signed off on it have been in power for well over a decade, but "their province is suffering now" and it's everyone else's fault.  but certainly not theirs at all, even though they were in power through what is effectively a super majority between their provincial and federal party.

the best part though is how they whine about their sovereignty and rights as a territory, but then immediately crap all over the bands in BC having issues with pipelines running through their territory.  you cannot make up that level of hypocrisy

I say the same whenever I hear the moron Kenney open his mouth or when Strome posted those Brian Jean memes.  They were in power with a majority with business friendly provincial governments out west, and couldn't get the job done. 

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

They even bitch about the "nationalization" of TMX.  I mean, do they even realize that it wasn't happening on the current timeline without Ottawa stepping in.

"The political veto of the Northern Gateway pipeline, regulatory strangulation of Energy East, silence over U.S. President Obama’s veto of the Keystone XL pipeline, passing Bills C-69 and C-48; small business tax increases, the carbon tax, nationalization of the TMX pipeline, failures to address significant trade issues with major economies like China and India; and refusal to enforce the rule of law on approved resource development projects or on illegal blockades have all served to close Alberta’s economy to investment and job growth. "

I really want to know how they think they're going to get/keep a pipeline to Pacific waters once they separate. 

• Cheers 1

Rempel held the position of "minister of state responsible for western economic diversification" of Canada as of early 2013 prior to her parties defeat.  

Just think about that long and hard while reading this manifesto.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

to read it, it sounds like they've never stood a chance at success. And yet they "carry" us all. Goddamn, thats one hell of a logic pretzel. 

Generational anger + too much money = stupid ideas. 

It's Trudeaus fault.  Then it's the other Trudeaus fault again.  Forget the 40 years in between, it's their fault.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Rempel held the position of "minister of state responsible for western economic diversification" of Canada as of early 2013 prior to her parties defeat.  

Just think about that long and hard while reading this manifesto.

The people that this drivel resonates with don't think.  Cue braindead retorts from our resident supporters of this manifesto. 

I say the same whenever I hear the moron Kenney open his mouth or when Strome posted those Brian Jean memes.  They were in power with a majority with business friendly provincial governments out west, and couldn't get the job done. 

Bingo.

The best part, and it REALLY shines them on because it's true.  

The Liberals under Trudeau have done more for Alberta in 5 years than Harper et al did in 10.  More pipelines started or nearly completed.  More pipelines and energy projects approved.  More money in transfer and assistance going to Alberta than ever before (nearly doubled) 

But...ya.  Don't poke holes in the balloon of self righteous indignation and all

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

neat. The UN also has declarations on climate change and aboriginal rights. Let see which one wins. 

Hypocrisy is never obvious to the oblivious.

They, as stated.  Proclaim their heritage, sovereignty and territorial rights in one paragraph.  In the other they decry native bands for defending their own heritage, sovereignty and territorial rights.

That manifesto makes the LEAP papers seem intelligent

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

TECK stock taking a nosedive...

Teck CEO Lindsay already stated the main reason this project would not go ahead was market forces.

Rest assured, this will be blamed on Trudeau.  Liberals.  NDP.  Environmentalists.  But never on the bare facts

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Teck CEO Lindsay already stated the main reason this project would not go ahead was market forces.

Rest assured, this will be blamed on Trudeau.  Liberals.  NDP.  Environmentalists.  But never on the bare facts

When you look at the economic values of Frontier,  they based them on $75 crude as the low estimate.   It's been a while since we saw that price.  

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We give Ottawa X

We can't get our oil to market

Trudeau hates us

We're not the problem

We need an NEP

No we didn't turn down an NEP, we turned down the NEP

This is all BC and Quebec's fault

Trudeau hates us

We give everything to Ottawa and get nothing back.

It's adorable really.

I knew you would come in and spout off this NEP stuff but it's just stupid every time you do the NEP is nothing that is being discussed today having a pipeline to the ocean is not the NEP

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

More stupidity this project requires the federal government approving it. The government will not approve it based on what the company may or may not do the government has to approve it and then the company decides what they may or may not do. But you keep posting this as your way of Defending Trudeau if he doesn't approve it.