The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty sad there is grown men who laugh at job losses and struggling families. 

I agree. I think it is terrible how Alberta refuses to diversity their economy and then blames other levels of government for decline world oil prices.

Pretty sickening really.  Alberta deserves so much better.  My cuz in Red Deer is such a great guy... i hope Alberta can turn things around. 

@Warhippy what did you say?:lol:

to be fair you weren't the only one who attacked me over it..

jimmy..

In a 4-1 majority decision, the Alberta Court of Appeal has deemed the federal Liberals’ carbon tax to be unconstitutional.

The federal backstop came into effect in Alberta on Jan. 1, and applies to gasoline, diesel and home heating fuels.

In its findings, three of the justices, including Chief Justice Catherine Fraser, agreed with Alberta’s argument that the carbon tax interferes with the province’s exclusive jurisdiction to manage its natural resources, as laid out in section 92(a) of the Constitution.

“The federal government is not the parent; and the provincial governments are not its children.”

Justice Thomas Wakeling wrote a separate decision in favour of Alberta’s position.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6587652/alberta-court-of-appeal-carbon-tax/

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, inane said:

like when you gleefully mocked job loss in quebec?

I think I said the only good news is the job losses were in Quebec because they like to hurt Alberta. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I agree. I think it is terrible how Alberta refuses to diversity their economy and then blames other levels of government for decline world oil prices.

Pretty sickening really.  Alberta deserves so much better.  My cuz in Red Deer is such a great guy... i hope Alberta can turn things around. 

Umm what? Maybe show me when anyone made that claim. If we diversify do we still have to carry Canada?

10 minutes ago, inane said:

like when you gleefully mocked job loss in quebec?

Albertans hatred of Quebec...

Reminds of the short fat unemployed guy at the bar...   Hot female model walks in and the  short fat guy... says.  " She looks like a real bitch..... "

Is it jealousy why Albertans hate Quebec.    Inferiority complex ?   Quebec is just an amazing province to visit or live in.  Wonderful people....

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty sad there is grown men who laugh at job losses and struggling families. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think I said the only good news is the job losses were in Quebec because they like to hurt Alberta. 

hmmm ok.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

AB will lose in the federal supreme court appeal. The AB judges magically found problems that Ontario and Saskatchewan judges didn't... what a shocker.  

I knew this card would get played just didn't think it would be the first post.:lol:

I wanted to get drunk now I have a reason..celebrating!!

Jt should do the right thing and not appeal it.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I knew this card would get played just didn't think it would be the first post.:lol:

but its also true. AB judges are off in the rhubarb on this one, it'll get turfed. 

Unfortunately now Kenney is going to be emboldened to continue his fight club approach and nothing good will get done, we're just in for more stupid fights with no end point. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

AB will lose in the federal supreme court appeal. The AB judges magically found problems that Ontario and Saskatchewan judges didn't... what a shocker.  

an surprised to read of such variance

between the views of appellant judges in the different provinces

don't see this too often

and each subsequent ruling likely reviewed and referred to the earlier decisions from the other provinces

wonder how those earlier decisions were handled by the alta judges

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe show me when anyone made that claim. If we diversify do we still have to carry Canada?

Heh, if you don't like paying federal taxes...  I have a solution for you.

Move to a part of Canada that has next to no natural resources... no employers... no jobs...  no way of making any liveable income....

Go LIVe there.   Raise your family there...   Then you won't to support any other provinces...

Problem solved for you. 

what??
and allow different laws to stand for different parts of the country ?

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

an surprised to read of such variance

between the views of appellant judges in the different provinces

don't see this too often

and each subsequent ruling likely reviewed and referred to the earlier decisions from the other provinces

wonder how those earlier decisions were handled by the alta judges

I'm not. Alberta is home to the "why didn't you keep your knees together" judge. 

Right...so we all contribute 20 plus billion a year to Ottawa?

You sound like the guy that won 10 million on the 649 lottery ....  ...  the next year he whines because his investment  income is now high and he now needs to pay taxes...

Life sucks right ??

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but its also true. AB judges are off in the rhubarb on this one, it'll get turfed. 

Unfortunately now Kenney is going to be emboldened to continue his fight club approach and nothing good will get done, we're just in for more stupid fights with no end point. 

Someone is feeling homesick today,  hey?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Right...so we all contribute 20 plus billion a year to Ottawa?

This might shock you, but there's more to being part of a nation than money. You throw around this 20 billion number in complete isolation and with no context relative the billions of other dollars that go back and forth between all provinces, and the uncountable other benefits that provinces enjoy being part of a country. I know it just suits your narrow narrative to pound on this point and I know you are set in stone in all your opinions, but man, this is incredibly complex. I do not get why you insist on wildly simplifying other than you seem to need to be 'right' about something.