The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

what??
and allow different laws to stand for different parts of the country ?

Allow the provinces jurisdiction over their own you know province. Alberta will win this. Lougheed would only sign the constitution if Alberta was given exclusive rights over it's resources. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Allow the provinces jurisdiction over their own you know province. Alberta will win this. Lougheed would only sign the constitution if Alberta was given exclusive rights over it's resources. 

you have missed the point

2 other provinces have already reached a different conclusion then alberta

so this now has to be resolved so there is consistency

jt can no longer fix this

the courts have to

Edited by coastal.view

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

what??
and allow different laws to stand for different parts of the country ?

Btw this already exists. Quebec imposed and cap and trade and it was accepted by Ottawa but no other province could do it.

Quebec is also flagrantly violating the the charter and JT is doing nothing. So yes there very much is different rules for different parts of the country. Pretty sad as westerner you weren't aware of this.

10 minutes ago, inane said:

This might shock you, but there's more to being part of a nation than money. You throw around this 20 billion number in complete isolation and with no context relative the billions of other dollars that go back and forth between all provinces, and the uncountable other benefits that provinces enjoy being part of a country. I know it just suits your narrow narrative to pound on this point and I know you are set in stone in all your opinions, but man, this is incredibly complex. I do not get why you insist on wildly simplifying other than you seem to need to be 'right' about something.

Without context? I have used context in this very thread. Alberta contributed around 50 billion and received 21 billion back for a difference of roughly 30 billion the next closest province was Ontario with a differential of 10 billion. Next time do your homework. Like @kingofsurrey I will have to charge for educating some of you.

Edited by Ryan Strome

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Btw this already exists. Quebec imposed and cap and trade and it was accepted by Ottawa but no other province could do it.

Quebec is also flagrantly violating the the charter and JT is doing nothing. So yes there very much is different rules for different parts of the country. Pretty sad as westerner you weren't aware of this.

Didn't Ontario previously use a cap and trade system? It was subsequently turfed by Ford when he got re-elected. What a huge blunder!

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Without context? I have used context in this very thread. Alberta contributed around 50 billion and received 21 billion back for a difference of roughly 30 billion the next closest province was Ontario with a differential of 10 billion. Next time do your homework. Like @kingofsurrey I will have to charge for educating some of you.

Bigger picture context. You rail on about how ignorant everyone is but refuse to look beyond your myopic narrow point. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Uh wut?

Please elaborate. 

You keep talking about this one pot of money that you give a portion to Ottawa and only receive a portion of back. And then you scream unfair and want to leave Canada. That pot is one of hundreds or thousands of pots not to mention the thousands of other intangible benefits and costs of being a province in the country. It's a lot more complicated than you try so hard to make it. 

2 minutes ago, inane said:

You keep talking about this one pot of money that you give a portion to Ottawa and only receive a portion of back. And then you scream unfair and want to leave Canada. That pot is one of hundreds or thousands of pots not to mention the thousands of other intangible benefits and costs of being a province in the country. It's a lot more complicated than you try so hard to make it. 

I'm not arguing with you I'm simply asking you to explain what benefits does Alberta get? And how has Alberta benefited by being in Canada?

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Soon when Alberta's oil and gas industry is collapsed....  would you be for or against Alberta getting net positive gov. assistance from Ottawa... ?

Will never collapse. It certainly is sad US money is funding clueless people like yourself to hurt your own nation while they have become the the biggest oil superpower in the world. Yup our neighbour under Obama but let's kill jobs here.

#clueless

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Soon when Alberta's oil and gas industry is collapsed....  would you be for or against Alberta getting net positive gov. assistance from Ottawa... ?

I don't know good you expect that assistance to be when the flagging energy sector is poised to deep-six the economy.