The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I like Alberta's previous plan.  Almost all the money went in to projects that created jobs in Alberta and allowed Albertans to access grant and rebate money to retrofit their homes.

Now....

This is what I did with my own home...

I spent about 4k to upgrade insulation and replace aluminum windows with vinyl. After the rebates (Federal and provincial) I got about $2600 back. I haven't done the math on my energy bills, but in the intervening 10 or so years, I'm pretty sure I've recouped the other $1400....

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

How about canceling equalization altogether?

:picard::angry::sadno:

Be careful what you ask for.

Before you know it... the oil and gas industry will be collapsed and Alberta will be a have not province....

Quebec and the Newfies will then probably be the ones saving your butt.........

Oil and Gas industry is just a blip on the long term economies of the world........   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Be careful what you ask for.

Before you know it... the oil and gas industry will be collapsed and Alberta will be a have not province....

Quebec and the Newfies will then probably be the ones saving your butt.........

Oil and Gas industry is just a blip on the long term economies of the world........   

Right...that's why we have been carrying Canada for 3 decades.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

Strome is at his best when he is talking about Trudeau being a supporter of terrorists, liberals wearing skinny jeans and Quebec being full of freeloaders. Its a waste of time discussing anything with depth or nuance, you will have to dumb it down sufficiently enough to have a discussion and even then you will likely only get ad hominem in return.

Dumb it down and yet I make far more than you haha

But ya it's you who I called the terrorist supporter,  which you are.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Opinion piece? I thought you didn't like those?

Alberta should consider diversifying their economy...

Since Alberta has become such a whiney SALTY province...  

How about  the construction of  a tissue factory...  There would certainly be a huge Alberta demand with all the tears and crying going on lately...

tenor.gif

344312.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta should consider diversifying their economy...

Since Alberta has become such a whiney SALTY province...  

How about  the construction of  a tissue factory...  There would certainly be a huge Alberta demand with all the tears and crying going on lately...

tenor.gif

344312.jpg

Still carrying Canada...

Step up Surrey 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I spent about 4k to upgrade insulation and replace aluminum windows with vinyl. After the rebates (Federal and provincial) I got about $2600 back. I haven't done the math on my energy bills, but in the intervening 10 or so years, I'm pretty sure I've recouped the other $1400....

I'm sure you did and this is what I think government should look at initiatives like this but further expand it. Give better rebates maybe even dollar-for-dollar.

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Opinion piece? I thought you didn't like those?

Increasing the price of carbon is the most efficient and powerful method of combating global warming and reducing air pollution, according to a new report from the International Monetary Fund.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One of the homes I had looked at in Airdrie was a green home.  it had a solar bank installed by sky fire solar and a geothermal pump as well.  Listed as being done in 2017 at request of the owner prior to build.  The wife said no we should wait and see what happens.  Hard to say I am not happy she put the brakes on any move for the rest of the school year

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

One of the homes I had looked at in Airdrie was a green home.  it had a solar bank installed by sky fire solar and a geothermal pump as well.  Listed as being done in 2017 at request of the owner prior to build.  The wife said no we should wait and see what happens.  Hard to say I am not happy she put the brakes on any move for the rest of the school year

Let's be honest it's all a lie

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know the Carbon Tax is unpopular in certain areas of the country, but the idea that it isn't (or wouldn't) be effective doesn't seem to be supported:

The carbon tax cost the company I’m involved with a million a year. the idea that people will switch to alternatives is such a joke, Especially when the alternatives don’t exist.

Too many narrow minded city folk that don’t have a clue who ends up getting the short end of the stick on this. I’ll let you a hint it’s the rural communities, the people who don’t have city transit options, who don’t have any realistic options for hybrid equipment. The rural communities get screwed. 

the reason why big companies like Exxon are for it is the same reason why Walmart is for raising min wage. It’s because they can  insulate themselves while the small companies can’t, leaving them bigger control. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Congrats Alberta.  You can do this.  Diversity.

Spa development west of Calgary promises 400 permanent jobs

New $50 million spa to draw 300,000 and employ hundreds. Kevin Green reports.

CALGARY -- A $50 million Nordic-styled spa will be built in the Springbank community of Harmony by Groupe Nordik, which presently operates three spas in Canada, located in Chelsea Quebec, Winnipeg Manitoba, and Whitby Ontario.

The spa, just west of Calgary, will be situated on the shore of a private lake in the upscale, exurban community. Once complete, it is expected to create 400 permanent full and part-time jobs.

"This is a tremendous opportunity for not only the residents of Harmony, but the neighbouring region and city as well, “said Cary Kienitz, Qualico Communities Associate Director, Development. “There are significant benefits that a Groupe Nordik facility offers, not only from the health and wellness perspective, but a focus on business: investing in infrastructure and providing employment

In its first year Groupe Nordik expects the Springbank spa to draw up to 300,000 visitors, with that number increasing to over 400,000 within five years

.https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/spa-development-west-of-calgary-promises-400-permanent-jobs-1.4825607

Edited by kingofsurrey

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The carbon tax cost the company I’m involved with a million a year. the idea that people will switch to alternatives is such a joke, Especially when the alternatives don’t exist.

Love hearing your little minded  / small minded opinion rant...

I think i will take the New York Times opinion over yours though.....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/13/climate/cut-us-emissions-with-policies-from-other-countries.html?mtrref=www.google.com&assetType=REGIWALL

Edited by kingofsurrey