The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

Silfverberg is on the block - Looking for a less impactful forward but on a playoff team. Open to a straight swap for a lesser player on a guaranteed playoff team.

Silfverberg has salary retention over the next 2 years bringing his salary down to 4M per.

Bolts place Mikko Rantanen on IR: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/avalanches-mikko-rantanen-suffers-upper-body-injury-vs-lightning/

Recall Nick Paul to active roster.

With him, Giordano, and Ullmark on IR, it's only a matter of time before @Nail takes the stranglehold of 1st overall. You and I are 1st/2nd here, 1st/2nd in BFHL, and 2nd/3rd in Puck. Looks like you're going to best me 3/3 times <_<

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Bolts place Mikko Rantanen on IR: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/avalanches-mikko-rantanen-suffers-upper-body-injury-vs-lightning/

Recall Nick Paul to active roster.

With him, Giordano, and Ullmark on IR, it's only a matter of time before @Nail takes the stranglehold of 1st overall. You and I are 1st/2nd here, 1st/2nd in BFHL, and 2nd/3rd in Puck. Looks like you're going to best me 3/3 times <_<

We’re without McDavid, Guentzel, Lindblom and Leivo as well! Previously Olofsson too before we just moved him! 

Looks like we’re all hit with injuries lol

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Nail said:

We’re without McDavid, Guentzel, Lindblom and Leivo as well! Previously Olofsson too before we just moved him! 

For you to be doing that well despite all those injuries is impressive. Nicely done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nail said:

No joke. Here in Minny we’re without Hamilton, Korpisalo, Mikheyev, Johnsson, Grubauer... and that’s after guys like Karlsson and Parayko have come back.

• Cheers 1

Image result for TSN Hockey

GM FIRED!!!!! Edmonton seeks to go in a new Direction ahead of the deadline! More owner meddling in Edmonton?

President of Hockey Operations for Daryl Katz, Peter Chiarelli, has issued a press release on behalf of the Edmonton Oilers:

When Bombastic Der Teuton agreed to come to Edmonton, it was very clear to us that he was an interim GM and we would like to thank him for his work and time here with our organization at the heart of Oil Country!! That term has come to an end. We have reached this decision as it became apparent such a Bombastic personality really needed a Hot shot Cannon of a club, and his heart really wasn't here in the dusty city on the edge of flatlander country. 

Daryl Katz, well known for his philanthropy around Alberta and beyond, with over 60 million dollars donated to various charitable endeavours since 2005 issued a rare statement as he has been sidelined fighting a rare life threatening infection for some years now. 

Bomber? Bomber who? I paid that guy? geez.... 

EKL executive member Obelix had this to say upon registering the news...

That is one more loose end all tied up!

Image result for Bombastic Asterix

Thank you very much for your time at the helm of the Oilers, my friend. Wherever life takes you, there you are!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

GOOoooooooooooOOOOOOO OHIO!!!!

John P. McConnell, governor and majority owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets, through president Mike Priest has announced the immediate hiring of new GENERAL MANAGER: Bombastic Der Teuton!!

image.jpeg.a724f71a806fa4cf3a9977da1b0aa7f1.jpeg

*file photo of a younger more athletic Bomber*

This guy was right up our alley. He is bombastic, flashy, and likes the elbow room Ohio can provide. We are shocked that he was available at this point in the season. That Katz guy is nuts, right? We wished that Bombastic was available earlier but it is what it is. After some very thorough looks for the right fit to succeed Tylez as our GM, and after providing a very long lead in time 'just in case' the Gm of record could spare more time for the club, we are absolutely thrilled that our man came on the market out of nowhere this morning. It was a no brainer to reach out right away and ensure his first flight out of Edmonton was a direct nonstop to Columbus. Bomber will be on the bench tonight, and we couldn't be happier. 

The league executive simply issued this statement:

We knew Bomber wouldn't be out of work for long in the EKL. It is tough to beat a guy like that and keep him down for long. We look forward to seeing what he can do with such a storied club as CBJ. Welcome back, sorry we lost you. Hahahaha.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

The Edmonton Oilers are available to any AGM that may wish to make the jump to running their own ship, or to anyone outside the EKL. If you know of someone interested in Fantasy Hockey, send them my way! We would love to bring in newer folks to the whole Fantasy Hockey world and introduce them to the fantasy hockey section of CDC, so please do talk it up with folks outside the game. We do need to fill up this last rudderless club fast. Open to suggestions! 

Cheers everyone

Image result for Game On

Now go and HIT THE ICE!

image.jpeg.662ea546ceda0dd95cdc81750938650b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Primal Optimist said:

The Edmonton Oilers are available to any AGM that may wish to make the jump to running their own ship, or to anyone outside the EKL.

That club definitely needs a tear down. Look forward to seeing who rises to the accusation on that difficult beast. 

• Upvote 1

nice to be back  ..just had diner and this jackets president called me  :lol:

he: are you bombastik? ..me : yes...i´m bombastik : ...he : thats bombastik ...you´re hired..  me: thats bombastik ...i sign :lol:

i ll go thru my new teams roster and check the playoff bound status in the next days 

when is deadline here? 

On 2/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, Primal Optimist said:

Awesome Question!  I was wondering myself, haha.

For the EKL we will mirror the NHL in the day/time exactly.

12 noon Pacific Time/3pm Eastern Time cutoff on Monday the 24th.

Amplification of important rules: date stamps and chronology matter!

Any and all trades must be sent in AND agreed to by the cutoff date and time stamp on your posts.

No trade will be considered where the initial trade call is time stamped AFTER the cutoff of 12 noon Pacific Time.

No trade will be considered where the agreement reply is time stamped later than 12:05 Pacific Time, that is your safety window. 

No exceptions will be entertained.  Time Stamps matter. 

Lastly, I won't take any trade calls in the final 12 hours of Monday the 24th, leading up to the cutoff that require requests to waive clauses. You all have your lists and they are good up to and past the deadline, no requests outside those lists will be entertained. This isn't a rule, but is to save my sanity as I am flying solo here. NOTE: looking for a trade tracker and waiver tracker: two side jobs that really take very little time, but would need someone who can log in a minimum of twice a week in season. Hint: trade trackers job gets super easy in a week, lol