The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To @Rush17 small.png : Gabriel Pageau, Riley Sheahan, COL 3rd 2020, ARI 3rd 2020

To @Gally @Miroki small.png : Sami Vatanen, Braydon Coburn, NSH 1st 2021

Logged and will appear on pickup and sheets in the morning. Picks have been moved on sheets just now.

Note that NSH, in order to free up the 1st in 2021 has made his option decision early on a Trade FC that has tied up both his picks. 

Therefore @janisahockeynut is the proud owner of NSH 1st 2020 following the election by Rush17 to send the earlier of the two.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To @Brock Botanen small.png : Alexander Nylander, ARI 1st 2020, ARI 1st 2021, ARI 3rd 2021

To @Primal Optimist small.png : Nico Hischier, Casey Cizikas, Anton Stralman, ARI 2nd 2020

Logged and will appear on pickup and sheets in the morning. Picks have been moved on sheets just now.

After a real tough back and forth we made a deal. Hischier has a bright future ahead of him, but as the new GM of the Senators I felt like I wanted to part ways and go in a different direction. We are really loading up for the next 2 drafts to help turn this team around!

Good luck on you're journey with the Coyotes Hischier!

Edited by Brock Botanen

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

It’s hard to be sure, b/c of all the moves, but I think we need to open up one roster spot for that last trade. So Minnesota sends down Phillipe Myers (no waivers) to make sure. :lol:

@Primal Optimist

Before anyone loses anything for no reason: i will have the sheets completely updated in about 2 hours. Please hold off on any moves to 'fix' your compliance until we have that done. Grace should and is expected with a deadline flurry of deals, so you will be allowed to get compliant quickly but let me do thework so we know exactly what needs to be done, if anything. (*my end of this was a blurr...doing 12 things at once, so i just don't know yet, but will in two hours!)

Just now, canuck2xtreme said:

Oh I wish it were tongue in cheek.  Turns out I'm just a moron. :lol:

Nahhh, there are way too many real life morons to waste that label on anyone in keeper leagues...ALways next year though! and the offseason I expect will be very productive for EKL...imo there will be even more moves this summer than last if this last two hours was any indicator. My first deadline as a comish..bit sloppy and I am already learning things:

Next year we will most likely make our deadline at midnight and on a different day than other more established Keeper leagues: so most likely midnight on the last Sunday before the NHL deadline..likely but not set in stone, so no need to argue right away, I am way too tied up for that, HAHAHA.....

Tough to see some players go but we're happy with how the deadline went. We now have 24 picks in the next 2 drafts which gives us a lot of flexibility in the upcoming offseason. 

Draft Picks:

2020: COL 1st, COL 2nd, DAL 2nd, NJD 2nd, NSH 2nd, PIT 2nd, ARZ 4th, NJD 4th, TB 4th, VGK 4th, COL 5th, DAL 5th, NJD 5th, PIT 5th

2021: COL 1st, NSH 1st, COL 2nd, ARZ 2nd, MIN 2nd, COL 3rd, CHI 3rd, COL 4th, COL 5th, ARZ 5th

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Gally said:

Tough to see some players go but we're happy with how the deadline went. We now have 24 picks in the next 2 drafts which gives us a lot of flexibility in the upcoming offseason. 

Draft Picks:

2020: COL 1st, COL 2nd, DAL 2nd, NJD 2nd, NSH 2nd, PIT 2nd, ARZ 4th, NJD 4th, TB 4th, VGK 4th, COL 5th, DAL 5th, NJD 5th, PIT 5th

2021: COL 1st, NSH 1st, COL 2nd, ARZ 2nd, MIN 2nd, COL 3rd, CHI 3rd, COL 4th, COL 5th, ARZ 5th

I thought I had had a lot of picks in the next 2 drafts. HOLY CRAP! :P

Image result for nashville predators

Nashville made some trades today to further help our depth for the playoffs! The team woke up today 5th Overall in the EKL standings. We felt we had to make a few moves to support the boys after all of their hard work this season.

Preds 2019-20 Post Deadline Roster

Jakub Voracek  Bo Horvat  Ondrej Palat

Josh Bailey  Clayton Keller  Jakob Silfverberg

Alex Tuch  Gabrielle Pageau  Nino Niederreiter
Jake Virtanen  Anthony Beauvillier  Conor Garland

Shea Theodore  Aaron Ekblad

Justin Schultz  Brett Pesce

Robert Hagg  Ilya Lyubushkin

Tuukka Rask
Mackenzie Blackwood

Scratches: Riley Sheahan, Travis Boyd

NHL Team Affiliations

Spoiler

Anaheim Ducks

small.png Jakob Silfverberg

Arizona Coyotes

small.png Clayton Keller

small.png Conor Garland

small.png Ilya Lyubushkin

Boston Bruins

small.png Tuukka Rask

Carolina Hurricanes

small.png Nino Niederreiter

small.png Brett Pesce

Edmonton Oilers

small.png Riley Sheahan

Florida Panthers

small.png Aaron Ekblad

New Jersey Devils

small.png Mackenzie Blackwood

New York Islanders

small.png Josh Bailey

small.png Gabrielle Pageau

small.png Anthony Beauvillier

Philadelphia Flyers

small.png Jakub Voracek

small.png Robert Hagg

Pittsburgh Penguins

small.png Justin Schultz

Tampa Bay Lightning

small.png Ondrej Palat

Vancouver Canucks

small.png Bo Horvat

small.png Jake Virtanen

Vegas Golden Knights

small.png Alex Tuch

small.png Shea Theodore

Washington Capitals

small.png Travis Boyd

Edited by Rush17

Assignment; Arizona assigns Lindgren and Harkins to the minors to get compliant with trades.

I have done sheets for all the trades: I will quickly run the moves since last update and then get back to folks about making their squads compliant. 

As this was my first deadline there are some bits to iron out: however to be fair to all, I will date the moves to iron everything out to prenoon today. Even if it is a waiver item. 

Bare with me, almost totally caught up on sheets: wanted to weigh in though for those waiting. 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

It’s hard to be sure, b/c of all the moves, but I think we need to open up one roster spot for that last trade. So Minnesota sends down Phillipe Myers (no waivers) to make sure. :lol:

@Primal Optimist

@D-MoneyYou are currently compliant without sending down Myers however Vatanen is still on IR for your club, arrived to you on IR.

WHen he is healthy you will have to send someone down. Up to you if you want to do that as of This morning with this grace period or wait? 

4 hours ago, Patrick Kane said:

Chicago Blackhawks send down Morgan Frost to the AHL.

Chicago Blackhawks send down Cale Fleury to the AHL.

Chicago Blackhawks call up Brendan Smith

Chicago Blackhawks call up Mike Reilly

Chicago Blackhawks call up Curtis Lazar

@Patrick Kane

in chronological order there is no room physically for Curtis Lazar to come up as you have 23 bodies after the other two down and two up. 

Feel free to designate 1 more down now to be compliant with his callup as part of this one time grace period after the deadline: or just leave Lazar down. UP to you, but please make your choice now. 

If i missed a move, let me know

@Gally @Miroki Seems you will need to call up a minimum of 3 forwards but room for more F and D than that. If i made an error please let me know.

@Brock Botanen You will need to call up 1 forward body now to be compliant. 

Everyone else seems to be good to go now. I will update PickupHockey either tonight or tomorrow as I have a team in another league whose deadline is 10pm and I want to have some fun with that. Thank you for being patient. Can confirm we will move the deadline to midnight next year and the full executive will decide on the best day sometime next fall or winter. cheers. (*announcement coming of an executive member hiring!! stay tunes for tomorrows announcement!!)

Edited by Primal Optimist