The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

29 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not illegally so much as exactly what the definition says.  Clumsy, bungling.  Instead of covertly killing him while he was in Iraq, he made a show of it for no good reason. 

Any US or allied special ops team could have made that guy history and left the rest of the world wondering who killed him.  Instead Trump dropped a hellfire drone missile on his head at an airport leaving absolutely no doubt who did it.

Should've hired Hillary for the job.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Should've hired Hillary for the job.

No thanks.  She would have sucked at the job as well.

I voted for a 3rd option.  Hopefully at some point during the remainder of my life, there will actually be a viable 3rd option.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

No.  You think you know it.  But you're literally the least acceptable person to pretend to be the moral compass on anything regarding geo-political events.  Honestly man, at this table; you should excuse yourself and go draw something instead 

LOL that's you considering you don't even know what the party name is that you vote for that's pretty embarrassing. You also claim a former BC premier was apart of a party federally that he wasn't. Again the party you vote for. You also went on about gas prices wrong again every time you say something you are pretty much proven wrong and then you do your disappearing act you know next to nothing about geopolitical events. But keep making stupid comments lit up like the Americans but then cry when a Muslim country gets lit up. Seriously you should just stop every now and again because outside of actually I don't know anything you know maybe photography but that could be another lie of yours. Do tell us more how the NEP was a good idea LOL those in the federal government tasked with putting it together said it was a failure but wouldn't you know hippie boy knows more. When are you moving to Alberta ?another hippie lie?

Oil companies are gouging because I believe a story I got from the United States rather than people that live in the province I'm trying to run down LOL the stuff you post is completely ridiculous

34 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nah....it's her husband that is into sucking (though as a catcher rather than a pitcher).:ph34r:

Yeah she would have sucked at the job.  She is an establishment hard-line Democrat.

I'm sorry for any hopeful liberal that was (or still is) desperate to get a vagina-in-chief in the Oval Office, but hers was not one that would have done well. 

Instead we got a 6 foot orange penis.  Both choices sucked.

I'm glad that Elizabeth Warren won't be headed there either.  Although if Bernie dropped out, I wonder how many of his voters she would capture, and vice-versa.

Edited by SabreFan1

4 minutes ago, haton said:

The impeachment process is over and Trump was successfully impeached. That's all there is to it. Maybe the cartoon creator doesn't know that. Most people don't. 

The cartoon came out before the impeachment vote.

He may have been successfully impeached but we'll see what the end result will be.  Chances are nothing will happen as it'll be the Republican's turn with the ball.  And that's the problem this whole process has been about who has the political power and not about what actually happened.

3 minutes ago, haton said:

Sure, like that ever happens. He had the guts to get rid of the worst terrorist murderer in your country's history and you whine because it wasn't done elegantly enough for you. What a laugh. He got dusted on the same road he sent hundreds of your countrymen home in baskets from.  It doesn't get any better than that. 

We have a difference of opinion.  I prefer that it be done quietly, you prefer otherwise.  My way would have avoided a missile attack.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, haton said:

Most here badmouth conservatives in much worse terms than just "snowflake" .  Call out the Trump haters too and your calls for unity would have some meaning. Do you support the Iranian regime?

No. Why do you ask? my question/comment was about if citizens of the USA were really hoping to see American deaths .

.'Tired of people trying to push the divide more' is what I said.  Such as making claims like people in the USA are saying 'the more American death the better' .

Not really a call for unity. Just a call for less BS.

If a threat is imminent, you dont take out the guys at the top.  Taking Bin Laden out days before September 11th wouldn't have stopped those attacks.   You take out the people carrying out the attacks to stop an imminent threat.

If taking out a top guy is meant to prevent an attack,  the attack isn't imminent as it is usually in the planning stages. 

Something I heard.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, haton said:
Spoiler

Your way means he lives happily forever drilling holes in peoples brains and ripping fathers away from their children in the middle of the night. When the child runs after father with his shoes he's told not to worry about it, dad's not coming back.

Put original reply in spoiler box at @haton's request.

My way would have made him as dead as he is now.  Dead is dead.  Dead people don't use drills.

Is English your first language?  I don't know how you misunderstood what I wrote otherwise.

Edited by SabreFan1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If a threat is imminent, you dont take out the guys at the top.  Taking Bin Laden out days before September 11th wouldn't have stopped those attacks.   You take out the people carrying out the attacks to stop an imminent threat.

If taking out a top guy is meant to prevent an attack,  the attack isn't imminent as it is usually in the planning stages. 

Something I heard.

Or you take out everyone involved.  That way, there's no sequel.

1 minute ago, haton said:

Well you might be right about that.  lol   Some say he was.

The guy is dead.  I'm glad he is because the world is a better place with him not in it.  My only issue was the way that Trump went about it.  A special ops sniper bullet, while he was in another part of Iraq, could have done the same thing and would have avoided an international incident that included missile launches.

It would have been obvious that the US was behind it, and Iran would have gotten the same message without losing face and feeling the need to strike back.

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I know you have a hard-on for the guy, but he is not the number one terrorist in history.  Now you're just sounding silly.

3rd rate (militarily speaking) country isn't of any threat to you guys (at least not while they don't have nuclear weapons).  They can do some damage via proxies in various countries (and have done so).

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

3rd rate (militarily speaking) country isn't of any threat to you guys (at least not while they don't have nuclear weapons).  They can do some damage via proxies in various countries (and have done so).

Like I said, I'm not sorry he's dead.  I just prefer that it had been done less publicly.  Trump did it that way to make a statement and he gambled with other lives as a result.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The guy is dead.  I'm glad he is because the world is a better place with him not in it.  My only issue was the way that Trump went about it.  A special ops sniper bullet, while he was in another part of Iraq, could have done the same thing and would have avoided an international incident that included missile launches.

It would have been obvious that the US was behind it, and Iran would have gotten the same message without losing face and feeling the need to strike back.

You do how IDF and Mossad have been conducting business for decades.

We all know who did it but they don’t tweet about it or post on their instagram page.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

You do how IDF and Mossad have been conducting business for decades.

We all know who did it but they don’t tweet about it or post on their instagram page.

Exactly.  It's no secret that the Israelis carry out assassinations, but when they have a choice in the matter, they do it as quickly and quietly as possible.

22 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Exactly.  It's no secret that the Israelis carry out assassinations, but when they have a choice in the matter, they do it as quickly and quietly as possible.

Eh, where is the fun in that?

Donny has to brag about it, otherwise it didn’t happen.

The only thing he did quickly was that dirty deed with Stormy Daniels.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

They likely could have taken him out with a bullet but there were other targets in the group as well. The deterrence aspect could not be minimalized. The Americans have been after this guy for years so mission accomplished. Once again the failed Democrat policy in the ME is exposed. Syria was no different.