The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner

CBH1926

26 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

The anthem for one. Going that extra mile to help people for two.( you see on this forum even... people would rather argue over stupid things and naive political stances and become standoffish or fearful of their neighbours... people are self righteous but do they actually help someone else?)

even though those were the original lyrics, and the anthem has changed a number of times over the years? OK then. If thats the worst thing to happen to you, you're doing well. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I was confused until your following post.

You may have an argument but in terms of secret intelligence I believe that to still be strictly Canadian that may or may not be shared with allies.

I suppose you could say military pride and Christian values but imo both whether sadly or not came to the end of their life cycle but I don't know if it's to appease people as it's the same in the UK, US, etc.

? who's not proud of our military? 

where did Christian values go? did something happen? are you not allowed to believe that if you want to? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

If you were educated you’d know that it was more than a word. It was a saying that payed tribute to the Canadian soldiers who lost their lives in WW1. For you it’s probably not that big of a deal, but many of my family died in that war, so I care and appreciate what they did for me and this country. 

The line was originally "thou dost in us command" before it was changed by 1913 to "in all thy sons command"; which was a year before WWI began. So unless someone had one hell of a premonition, that isn't true.

Besides, I would hope Canadian culture is more than two words in the national anthem.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

The line was originally "thou dost in us command" before it was changed by 1913 to "in all thy sons command"; which was a year before WWI began. So unless someone had one hell of a premonition, that isn't true.

Besides, I would hope Canadian culture is more than two words in the national anthem.

What was it like singing it? 

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You seem offended, are you new to Canada within the last 50 years?

no, you see offence where none exists. I wonder if thats kind of a regular thing with you?

I have no problem with the lyrics, if you do thats kind of a you problem. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no, you see offence where none exists. I wonder if thats kind of a regular thing with you?

I have no problem with the lyrics, if you do thats kind of a you problem. 

Just looking out for you. I want to protect your best interests that are slowly eroding away.

38 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

The anthem for one. Going that extra mile to help people for two.( you see on this forum even... people would rather argue over stupid things and naive political stances and become standoffish or fearful of their neighbours... people are self righteous but do they actually help someone else?)

Personally, I would have lead with your later qualm instead. At least that one is subjective and you could make a case for us losing a Canadian value based on it. Saying we're losing what it means to be Canadian based on a two word change to an anthem which has had numerous versions of it throughout the years seems like the smallest of potatoes. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Personally, I would have lead with your later qualm instead. At least that one is subjective and you could make a case for us losing a Canadian value based on it. Saying we're losing what it means to be Canadian based on a two word change to an anthem which has had numerous versions of it throughout the years seems like the smallest of potatoes. 

image.png.d1503161c1b52dc0d3438194bd7dc5a0.png

With a lot of salt.....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

The anthem will all ways be SONS, I will sing sons and not the Trudeau version

:picard: its not like they are making you say "stand on guard for zie".

But whatever, go down with the ship. Its super manly. 

• Cheers 1