The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So, you're saying, do nothing about terrorists then?  Let them do what ever they want?  

This line of 'thinking' lol.

I don't think this particular response to the complex issue of terrorism was appropriate. 

Oh so you think we should just let terrorists do whatever they want. 

Duuuhhhhh

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, inane said:

This line of 'thinking' lol.

I don't think this particular response to the complex issue of terrorism was appropriate. 

Oh so you think we should just let terrorists do whatever they want. 

Duuuhhhhh

Of course - your opinion is more important than anyone's that doesn't suit your agenda. 

I get it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So, you're saying, do nothing about terrorists then?  Let them do what ever they want?  

Not saying that at all.

What I've been saying all along is that you shouldn't take these types of actions without thinking through the consequences. I'm also saying that lying about an "imminent attack" to justify one's lack of planning is almost as bad....

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, inane said:

You sure love conspiracy theories. Surprised you haven't brought up the theory that of all the airlines it was Ukrainian and therefore this was really Putin. 

I would suggest that this thread has been full of conspiracy theories from the get go. Not 24 hours ago it was a Trump did it. 

This sure has conveniently taken a lot of the attention off Trump for taking out the general. Zero Americans on board.  The republicans love their black flag operations. Noam Chomsky said it best when he said “ The republicans are the single most dangerous organization on the face of this planet.”

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

This sure has conveniently taken a lot of the attention off Trump for taking out the general. Zero Americans on board.  The republicans love their black flag operations. Noam Chomsky said it best when he said “ The republicans are the single most dangerous organization on the face of this planet.”

How do you hide blowing an airliner out of the sky in another country with a surface to air missile?

1 hour ago, inane said:

I didn't offer an opinion and what's my agenda again? 

Look, I'm just pointing out your false equivalency bs is ridiculous. That's it. 

Whatever.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not saying that at all.

What I've been saying all along is that you shouldn't take these types of actions without thinking through the consequences. I'm also saying that lying about an "imminent attack" to justify one's lack of planning is almost as bad....

So, you don't believe the joint chiefs of staff thought about the ramifications of this action?  

What - they were playing golf and had a few too many drinks and said hey - let's have some fun and blow somebody up?

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

So, you don't believe the joint chiefs of staff thought about the ramifications of this action?  

What - they were playing golf and had a few too many drinks and said hey - let's have some fun and blow somebody up?

i don't know about them, but Trump certainly didn't and he was the one who made the call....

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not acting as if the US is some moral arbiter. Doesnt surprise me at all that HW was defending this repeatedly. He was a former leader of the CIA, as if that agency has never been involved in crooked operations. 

But we are talking about 2020 not 1988. It was after an 8 year war in '88 vs now where it was (somewhat) tit for tat military action in a half a week span, before both sides backed off. Which us (& Ukraine) weren't involved in.

Something that happened 30 years ago which didn't effect our country, doesn't effect or excuse what happened to our country now 30+ years later. The US being crooked & corrupt doesn't absolve Iran of actions like this.

It was about an hour after the Vincennes entered Iranian waters, and started a fight with 3 or 4 Iranian gun boats. So pretty comparable. Also the US was, and is, light years ahead of Iran in terms of tech, so still pretty comparable.

And finally where did I even try to absolve Iran of "actions like this"?

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Holy strawman Batman. :picard:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

It was about an hour after the Vincennes entered Iranian waters, and started a fight with 3 or 4 Iranian gun boats. So pretty comparable. Also the US was, and is, light years ahead of Iran in terms of tech, so still pretty comparable.

And finally where did I even try to absolve Iran of "actions like this"?

Holy strawman Batman. :picard:

Don't shoot the messenger.