The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, lmm said:

Take the  Auger affair or the Sestito event.

Not sure who Auger is, but the picture shows the recovery of the body of Agurs on Feb 1, 1927 after a snowslide wiped out his cabin back of Grouse Mountain. My Dad, who was 17 at the time, sits in the middle front.

Agurs_Body_Recovery_Group_Feb19_1927.jpg

• Cheers 1

On 8/15/2020 at 4:51 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Well then, maybe management is making a point with regard to what they expect from players. As I recall, Bo also made a point to Virtanen regarding Virtanen’s attitude.

Bo made a point when Virt out of frustration during practice starting hitting people. And Tanev made a comment that Virt should follow strict quarantine. But I do agree, yes, management should make a point but especially in this series when more bodies is needed since the Blues are such a heavy team, I think we can save the lessons afterwards.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:15 PM, Law of Goalies said:

Bo made a point when Virt out of frustration during practice starting hitting people. And Tanev made a comment that Virt should follow strict quarantine. But I do agree, yes, management should make a point but especially in this series when more bodies is needed since the Blues are such a heavy team, I think we can save the lessons afterwards.

Virtanen put the whole team at risk by going in that bar/club - I’m sure it wasn’t only management that wasn’t impressed. Apart from players, their families were also put at risk, and if any of those relatives were elderly or immune compromised, their lives were put at risk. Then, on top of that, he comes again, out of shape. He is no longer a kid of 18. Nuff said.

57 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Virtanen put the whole team at risk by going in that bar/club

Don't blame Jake, he did nothing illegal. Have a problem with him going out? Talk to the B.C. Health Authorities.

57 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Then, on top of that, he comes again, out of shape.

Did he, I've seen nothing about his conditioning for the re-start?

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Don't blame Jake, he did nothing illegal. Have a problem with him going out? Talk to the B.C. Health Authorities.

Did he, I've seen nothing about his conditioning for the re-start?

It's just reporters spewing random facts. I mean based on his performance and the training camp videos we saw on twitter, he doesn't look out of shape. Is he a step behind or did he lose his timing and stuff, most definitely but that doesn't mean he is out of shape. 

• Thanks 1