The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Guy is totally unlikeable but striking is beautiful and made Whittaker look stupid. I thought Whittaker would have crisper striking than Gastelum but it was the opposite.

EDIT: But I guess Adesanya also deserves credit for making Whittaker look bad. A lot of rushing in by Whittaker and firing his right hand way upwards. Shoulder ends up below the chin.

Edited by Down by the River
  • Cheers 1

I was impressed before this fight but now I am sold. 

Really want to see Adesanya vs Jones. 

I didn't like the bravado from Israel before the fight but turns out he was right, he backed it up. It went exactly how he predicted. He is grace under fight in there, very calm and has better striking than most on the entire roster. Never mind he is blessed with a build perfect for this sport. 

20 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Really surprised Israel was able to piece up Rob that easily. After seeing him get rocked a few times against Gastelum I thought Rob had this. Stoked to see Israel vs Costa. 

Before this fight I was.

Now I just don't know what Costa can do differently than Whittaker . He's got all that power but Stylebenders movement and distance control is very good. 

How is Israels ground game? how is Costas? maybe that could be an avenue for success against Israel? 

I also think you under estimate Kelvins power. I know he's doughy for the division but he can hit hard and has finished off a few names. He's set to welcome Till to that weight class soon.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Before this fight I was.

Now I just don't know what Costa can do differently than Whittaker . He's got all that power but Stylebenders movement and distance control is very good. 

How is Israels ground game? how is Costas? maybe that could be an avenue for success against Israel? 

I also think you under estimate Kelvins power. I know he's doughy for the division but he can hit hard and has finished off a few names. He's set to welcome Till to that weight class soon.

Oh no I know he has power. He knocked Bisping silly. I mean overall skill isn't elite, and cardio is lacking. A top 5 guy in the division for sure, but not ELITE in my book. Very tough fight for Till coming up. Not sure I would have chosen that for him as a welcome to MW.

Costa has freak power and most importantly constant PRESSURE. Izzy is a counter striker so that can be a double edged sword. I would definitely lean towards Izzy but I also want him to get humbled. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Oh no I know he has power. He knocked Bisping silly. I mean overall skill isn't elite, and cardio is lacking. A top 5 guy in the division for sure, but not ELITE in my book. Very tough fight for Till coming up. Not sure I would have chosen that for him as a welcome to MW.

Costa has freak power and most importantly constant PRESSURE. Izzy is a counter striker so that can be a double edged sword. I would definitely lean towards Izzy but I also want him to get humbled. 

Ahh gotcha. 

yeah, I am having second thoughts about wanting to see Jones vs Israel anyway...not knowing enough about Israels ground game I imagine JJ would take him down as the two might equal each other out on the feet. Jones is a good wrestler. 

The Costa fight would be very interesting...he has the most insane build in the UFC and uses it well. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ahh gotcha. 

yeah, I am having second thoughts about wanting to see Jones vs Israel anyway...not knowing enough about Israels ground game I imagine JJ would take him down as the two might equal each other out on the feet. Jones is a good wrestler. 

The Costa fight would be very interesting...he has the most insane build in the UFC and uses it well. 

Jones is too well rounded and is just way too big. He walks around at 225-230. Also 6'4 (accurate) and longest reach in the UFC at 84.5". Israel BARELY cuts weight, if any.

Granted, Costa walks around at the same weight range too but he is also only 6'0 and a 72" reach with a limited skill set. 

Izzy probably beats Costa 8/10 times but JJ beats Izzy 9/10 times in my eyes. 

• Cheers 1

Elton John just played last week and The Who are coming to town.

These two are set to fight...

...and people say time is linear.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. ‘Rampage’ Jackson to headline Bellator Japan event on Dec. 29

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/9/20906052/fedor-emelianenko-vs-rampage-jackson-to-headline-bellator-x-rizin-event-on-dec-29

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Elton John just played last week and The Who are coming to town.

These two are set to fight...

...and people say time is linear.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. ‘Rampage’ Jackson to headline Bellator Japan event on Dec. 29

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/9/20906052/fedor-emelianenko-vs-rampage-jackson-to-headline-bellator-x-rizin-event-on-dec-29

Looking forward to the election when we welcome our new PM, John Diefenbaker. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh no, 

This could go very bad.

Open weight tourny.

If Cole Miller draws Alexander Emelianenko....that could be murder.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10/14/20914184/featherweight-cole-miller-one-night-openweight-tournament-bahrain-brave

Two featherweights in there. Unreal that this can be sanctioned (I guess that is why they are doing it in Bahrain). Mousasi demolished Rory MacDonald. Badly. And that was one of the most skilled 170ers moving up one division. Yikes.