The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I think this all probably amounted to a misunderstanding due to Nate, god love him, being a total moron in virtually every aspect of life that isn't fighting. 

I completely disagree. 

I think he is very smart and a stand up guy. He has manged his mediocre career into making himself very wealthy. He was ahead of the game and introduced CBD into the sport....making him more money. He is loyal to his community and even teaches kids classes, I remember him telling Conor that he should take one.

You don't get this popular being a dummy. 

Even this recent thing, he got ahead of it, would not be silent until they set the record straight. 

On top of it all, despite making so much money he seems to not me motivated by it and is more concerned about being real.

I really respect that,

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

I cant stand Nate Diaz he is a certified tool and basically retarded. 

Is that because his mitts are silkier?

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously, he’s retarded?  Should he be allowed to fight if he’s that simple minded to even understand what he’s doing?  

Haha, No he isn't

He has a lazy talk and it makes him sound dumb. He also acts like a goof and gets into it with his opponent. He is known for slapping them and flipping them the bird while in the cage. So he get's his deserved share of hate.

He is a good fighter. You like boxing? Nate's is great. He is also one of the best ground fighters in the game. He has very good BJJ.

He also manages his business side like a king. And a lot of it is about his brand, just being himself. He famously smoked a vape full of cbd in a post fighter press conference ! in the early days, before people were fully realising the health benefits. It's now legal and Nate is one of the athlete's making money in the marijuana world in a big way.

He also is probably most famous for beating that loud mouth Irish fighter. It sky rocketed his career.

I'd guess he would not be your type of guy.

Here's a slap

giphy.gif.5e7a870944452635a522ff657aaa035e.gif

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I completely disagree. 

I think he is very smart and a stand up guy. He has manged his mediocre career into making himself very wealthy. He was ahead of the game and introduced CBD into the sport....making him more money. He is loyal to his community and even teaches kids classes, I remember him telling Conor that he should take one.

You don't get this popular being a dummy. 

Even this recent thing, he got ahead of it, would not be silent until they set the record straight. 

On top of it all, despite making so much money he seems to not me motivated by it and is more concerned about being real.

I really respect that,

Just because he is a moron doesn't mean I don't like him. I like and respect the guy and there are few people in the 155/170 division that I would cheer for over him. That said, I still think he's pretty dumb. 

"This recent thing" involved him misunderstanding USADA and creating a huge fuss about nothing. Him and Nick have both acknowledged that they don't really understand how the world outside fighting works because its all they have been in. It shows in some of their negotiations, which they have also acknowledged.

Being loyal to your community and teaching BJJ classes isn't really something that demonstrates intelligence. I know plenty of wealthy people that are wealthy in spite of, rather than due to, their intelligence. 

He did a great interview with Brett Okamoto a while back, but you can tell he struggles with basic English. His slow, slurred speech doesn't mean he is dumb, but he has the vocabulary of someone that has a grade 9 education at best. 

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Just because he is a moron doesn't mean I don't like him. I like and respect the guy and there are few people in the 155/170 division that I would cheer for over him. That said, I still think he's pretty dumb. 

"This recent thing" involved him misunderstanding USADA and creating a huge fuss about nothing. Him and Nick have both acknowledged that they don't really understand how the world outside fighting works because its all they have been in. It shows in some of their negotiations, which they have also acknowledged.

Being loyal to your community and teaching BJJ classes isn't really something that demonstrates intelligence. I know plenty of wealthy people that are wealthy in spite of, rather than due to, their intelligence. 

He did a great interview with Brett Okamoto a while back, but you can tell he struggles with basic English. His slow, slurred speech doesn't mean he is dumb, but he has the vocabulary of someone that has a grade 9 education at best. 

I guess our threshold calling someone a moron is different. And you said 'every aspect of his life that isn't fighting'  I still disagree with that.

I believe that you like him. 

I understand somewhat I suppose , he does not speak well.

To me, you can't be a BJJ expert and also be a moron. Just that alone should be enough to save him from that dis, never mind all his other achievements, 

• Upvote 3

On 10/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, Silky mitts said:

I cant stand Nate Diaz he is a certified tool and basically retarded. 

While making millions of dollars fighting for fun and selling CBD products. I'd love to be that retarded. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Here is Nate talking for nearly an hour straight with Ariel. doesn't seem retarded to me.

I love how he doesn't give a s*** about what the ufc or dana think anymore and he realizes his legacy worth. the man has paid his dues and i'm happy he's found his place. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/31/2019 at 6:43 PM, Down by the River said:

Predictions:

Diaz

Till

Walker

Thompson

Lee

Dawadou

Definitely not betting. I could be wrong on all predictions. 

I like all your picks but if I had to bet....

I think Masvidal and Gastelum should win. I also think this might be a massive test for Walker, he better be ready for a night of work. 

Thompson is awesome, wish he had a bit more killer instinct. Good old Karate and he uses it really well.

Hard fights to call, which is why this should be a good card. It will be great if Nate can get the job done though.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I like all your picks but if I had to bet....

I think Masvidal and Gastelum should win. I also think this might be a massive test for Walker, he better be ready for a night of work. 

Thompson is awesome, wish he had a bit more killer instinct. Good old Karate and he uses it really well.

Hard fights to call, which is why this should be a good card. It will be great if Nate can get the job done though.

Nate was definitely one where I picked with my heart and not my head... I guess who's the moron now?

• Cheers 1