The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Masvidal looked great, but I would have liked to have seen what Nate would have done in rounds 4 & 5.

Continue getting his a$$ whooped more than likely - Jorge put on a clinic - those body shots reminded of the Miocic-Cormier fight

Just now, MikeBossy said:

Continue getting his a$$ whooped more than likely - Jorge put on a clinic - those body shots reminded of the Miocic-Cormier fight

That's the most likely outcome, but I still would have liked to have seen it.  That cut wasn't endangering the health of his eye so the stoppage was silly.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's the most likely outcome, but I still would have liked to have seen it.  That cut wasn't endangering the health of his eye so the stoppage was silly.

Totally agree but I understand where the Dr is coming from - he doesn't stop it and Diaz ends up blind and he gets blamed. Hey sets up a rematch at least and I think Diaz comes much more prepared - who knows by the time they fight it might be for the UFC title and the BMF title.

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

Totally agree but I understand where the Dr is coming from - he doesn't stop it and Diaz ends up blind and he gets blamed. Hey sets up a rematch at least and I think Diaz comes much more prepared - who knows by the time they fight it might be for the UFC title and the BMF title.

If I were Masvidal I'd wait until after a title shot before fighting Nate again.  He's just on the cusp of getting one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

For sure. Not that I'd ever cheer for Covington, but if he were to beat Usman, a Covington-Masvidal title fight would be great. 

Covington beating Usman would be best for Masvidal.  I think Covington would have a really tough time against Masvidal.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:17 PM, bishopshodan said:

Is that because his mitts are silkier?

Haha, No he isn't

He has a lazy talk and it makes him sound dumb. He also acts like a goof and gets into it with his opponent. He is known for slapping them and flipping them the bird while in the cage. So he get's his deserved share of hate.

He is a good fighter. You like boxing? Nate's is great. He is also one of the best ground fighters in the game. He has very good BJJ.

He also manages his business side like a king. And a lot of it is about his brand, just being himself. He famously smoked a vape full of cbd in a post fighter press conference ! in the early days, before people were fully realising the health benefits. It's now legal and Nate is one of the athlete's making money in the marijuana world in a big way.

He also is probably most famous for beating that loud mouth Irish fighter. It sky rocketed his career.

I'd guess he would not be your type of guy.

Here's a slap

giphy.gif.5e7a870944452635a522ff657aaa035e.gif

Always been a fan of Nate as fighter.  Only became reinforced by this fight.

would I get along with Nate in real life?  Maybe not.  But as an athlete: much respect.

On 11/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, riffraff said:

Always been a fan of Nate as fighter.  Only became reinforced by this fight.

would I get along with Nate in real life?  Maybe not.  But as an athlete: much respect.

Oh totally.

I respect and enjoy watching him but would not hang with him.

I would likely spend most of the time telling him to relax. So angry despite all his weed in take. Then again, I suppose that anger is a gift to some fighters. 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh totally.

I respect and enjoy watching him but would not hang with him.

I would likely spend most of the time telling him to relax. So angry despite all his weed in take. Then again, I suppose that anger is a gift to some fighters. 

I would agree here.  My instructor has touched on this concept.  

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wish the UFC would just absorb Bellator. Bellator production is just so terrible but they still have some legit guys that would be entertaining in the UFC. 

At one point I thought Bellator bringing in MacDonald and Moussasi was going to be great for MMA because it would give the UFC some competition. Instead it just made those fighters less relevant and the Bellator "stars" are protected more than boxers. 

Edited by Down by the River

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I wish the UFC would just absorb Bellator. Bellator production is just so terrible but they still have some legit guys that would be entertaining in the UFC. 

At one point I thought Bellator bringing in MacDonald and Moussasi was going to be great for MMA because it would give the UFC some competition. Instead it just made those fighters less relevant and the Bellator "stars" are protected more than boxers. 

Bellator is basically the minor leagues for prospects and for past their prime big names looking for an easier/more comfortable transition into retirement. 

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

The UFC hasn't really had a meaningful event since November 2nd. The cards in Russia and Brazil were bogus and the Overeem card on the 7th isn't all that enticing either. Going over a month without meaningful fights sucks.

3 week break. Rare for the UFC these days. Have been pretty good with consistent cards every weekend for most of the year. Main event on Saturday should be really interesting. If Rozenstruik gets another KO he becomes a contender. He already called out Ngannou. Would be amazing. Arguably the 2 hardest hitters in the division. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Anybody hyped for tomorrows event ?  Pretty stacked card

Ill go with:

Cardio King

Blessed

Nunes

Aldo

Yan

Also found it interesting that Colby and Usman are making the most base salary on this card than two longer reigning champs

Marty

Blessed

Nunes

Aldo

Yan

I'm thinking the cuddling abilities will cancel each other out and they are forced to strike. So flipping a coin for the headliner really. but I think do to poor style the guy that disgraces his flag by wearing it as clothing should lose. You should only be allowed to do that if you study 'Rex kwon do'  

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Marty

Blessed

Nunes

Aldo

Yan

I'm thinking the cuddling abilities will cancel each other out and they are forced to strike. So flipping a coin for the headliner really. but I think do to poor style the guy that disgraces his flag by wearing it as clothing should lose. You should only be allowed to do that if you study 'Rex kwon do'  

Yeah the main event could go either way... obviously we are just picking favorites :lol:  I think Colby can keep a higher pace than Snoozeman 

Marty looked great against Twood… or did Twood just perform terribley is my question which would make Marty look like a beast.  The same could be said about Lawler though... so will be interesting.. 

This bias clip is pretty funny.. makes Usman look like a horse

• Cheers 1