The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Nearly 8 years later, this thread is finally making a bit more sense.  It's hard not to love Burrows for all he's given and I'd be totally fine with him playing out the remaining year on his contract.  But if he doesn't go, someone else like Hansen probably has to.  I get the sell high narrative on Hansen and it wouldn't be the worst thing.  From a mentoring point of view though, though, Hansen is a better option because he can still bring it instead of just saying it.  So it wouldn't shock me if Burr is bought out this summer to save the waiver-eligible guys like Grenier.  I say this with no relish:  that would be a sad day, but one that is coming one way or another.

• Upvote 1

Burrows should be placed on waivers just like Prust. He doesn't hit or agitate anymore.  All he does is skate around.  He needs to stop thinking he's a scorer and start doing what got him in the NHL! Is time for him to move on.

Edited by Kuma

Just now, Kuma said:

Burrows should be placed on waivers just like Prust. He doesn't hit or agitate anymore.  All he does is skate around.  He needs to stop thinking he's a score and start doing what got him in the NHL! Is time for him to move on.

If we didn't have Gaunce and Shinkaruk waiting in Utica, I'd argue he still has value for us. But we do have Gaunce and Shinkaruk so he's a roster spot that can be filled and improved on with stuff we already have.

2 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

We NEED to get rid of the Sedins and Edler.

Sedins still had the best chances tonight, and Edler still landed the biggest hits tonight, and played well overall.

We need a more aggressive forecheck. Guys who hit to hurt. I hear there is a power forward in the UFA pool this summer.....

23 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Burrows should be placed on waivers just like Prust. He doesn't hit or agitate anymore.  All he does is skate around.  He needs to stop thinking he's a scorer and start doing what got him in the NHL! Is time for him to move on.

Awesome post. Would definitely read again Especially after reading the 422 pages in the BURROWS? DO WE REALLY NEED HIM thread. :picard:

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

He should be sat a few games.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Etem - Vey - Vrbata 

Dorsett - McCann - Virtanen

Sedins are fine! Somebody needs to tell our coach that is okay to mix lines when nothing is happening. 

Hansen is not working right now on the first line, they can alway put him back on after. They need light a fire under vrbata's before he gets traded

1 minute ago, Hugor Hill said:

Sedins still had the best chances tonight, and Edler still landed the biggest hits tonight, and played well overall.

We need a more aggressive forecheck. Guys who hit to hurt. I hear there is a power forward in the UFA pool this summer.....

If you mean Lucic than I hope he lands elsewhere. We have Sbisa, we are fine. :bigblush: