The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Burrows, like any hockey player will want to improve his game. I'm sure he has seen some of the footage of the past games. He only going to get bigger/faster/stronger/smarter. Talent begets talent, playing with the Sedins, and watching Kesler, getting so close to a championship at such a young age......it's time for "Plan B".

I know I`m looking in the future but burrows basically has 2 years left in his contract at 2 mill/season starting this season. Do you think burrows is going to sign with the canucks after his contract ends? How much do you think he`ll ask for? How much do you think he should get? Just curious what CDCers think... BTW we were very lucky to have him so far for 2 mill!!

Edited by hockeyfan90

Guest The Brown Burrows

Canucks value : 3.75 - 4.75 million depends on whether the cap moves up a lot or if other players on this team get paid a lot

I can see him signing for another multi year contract for about 4 million a year, deserves it more than anyone else on our team

Market value: 4.25 - 5.25 million depends on whether the cap moves up a lot or if other players on other teams are getting paid a lot

Smart teams would offer him on the lower side of the scale but some GM's are known to overpay players, I wouldn't be suprised at all if somebody offered him around 5.5+ a year. (Look at Florida and Atlanta , pefect examples. The Rangers, Islanders, and Flames are good examples too)

I hope he retires a Canuck

There's a guy who could have pulled an Anson Carter and really gone for the big bucks after his banner year with the Sedins. But he understands his role in the game - that he's a fantastic player but that he's a beneficiary of being put on a line with two elite players. He signed at $2 million per season which imo is a huge steal and that allowed the team to re-sign others like Kesler and Bieksa.

He has shown tremendous loyalty to the Canucks and, without the formal title of a C or an A, he has become part of their leadership core and their identity.

I hope he retires a Canuck

There's a guy who could have pulled an Anson Carter and really gone for the big bucks after his banner year with the Sedins. But he understands his role in the game - that he's a fantastic player but that he's a beneficiary of being put on a line with two elite players. He signed at $2 million per season which imo is a huge steal and that allowed the team to re-sign others like Kesler and Bieksa.

He has shown tremendous loyalty to the Canucks and, without the formal title of a C or an A, he has become part of their leadership core and their identity.

Didn't he sign the contract right before he broke out with the Sedins?

Didn't he sign the contract right before he broke out with the Sedins?

he signed in the middle of his breakout season. but he was slated to become a free agent so he could have waited to test the market in july. he decided to get a deal done because he knew he wanted to remain in Van

I think for sure Burrows will re-sign. I can't see him playing with any other team.

I'm sure he also understands some of his success is a product of playing with the Sedins and he will obviously not get that opportunity elsewhere. He will take a discount. He's that type of person.

I think for sure he will re-sign at 3.5 million or under.

way to early to say. If the team continues to dominate then in two years if he is still as big a part of that, then he has earned his payday, and right now he is very underpaid. A lot can happen in two years though.

Glad to have him, and glad he buys in to the ideas from management. that affords us a lot of opportunity.

He doesn't deserve 5 million a year. Yes Burrows is an amazing penalty killer, but without the Sedins he's not coming close to 25 goals.

Remember the 18 games Daniel Sedin was injured a short while back? Burrows was dead quiet (I think he scored just once that whole span). His offensive game is finely tuned to that of the Sedins which is great for all 3 of them as a line, but alone he's not worth much offensively.

He's worth 4 mil at the most. Most players would take a 1 or even 2 million dollar pay cut to get the opportunity he's getting - playing on the best team in the NHL with arguably the smartest and best passers this game has ever seen.