The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

26 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

That would be the worst ending ever ( Drogon frying Dany): for one, Drogon is her most loyal Dragon and the one who sacrifices the most for her ( risking his own death to rescue her from arena in Mereen). For two, the entire plot armor Dany has, is literally that she is unburnable. Emerges from multiple giant fires that melts human flesh, cracks dragon eggs and she even has the two dragons stand behind her and spray dragon-fire in Qarth. No effect. And now she is all of a sudden combustable ? worst ending ever, if true. 

A lot of people are going with the Arya kills Dany theory, but I'm thinking Jon and the tie in with the Azor Ahai - Nissa Nissa legend.

BTW: some theories floating around that the Pale Mare was being warged by Bran.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to use Drogon to burn John and he doesn't burn.  Like her he is the blood of the dragon.

He is also the Fire and Ice of the Song.  That doesn't mean he wins in the end. 

Frankly I think they both die, it is a tragedy not a comedy.

It's possible, but I have my doubts. Being a Targ doesn't make one fireproof as Viserys showed. Dany is a special case.

Although I do admit that Jon appears to be entirely wight proof and Bolton proof.....

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Except that she already had it. The bells were ringing. She knew what that meant, but elected to burn thousands of innocent people anyway. It was out of character.

I think it was fully in character. She wanted to burn Meereen to the ground due to the Sons of the Harpy killing a few Unsullied. Her going bat $&!# over her pet's head getting lopped off on the city walls was to be expected. 

Random thought: Back in season 7, Melisandre said that she had done her part by bringing Fire and Ice together, but as it turned out, she hadn't.

Since the whole thing is based on A Song of Ice and Fire, maybe that supports the idea that eventually Dany's fate is tied to a Stark? That would pretty much have to be Arya, although I suppose Bran could have some bearing as well.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

In GOT, characters die the way they killed others. Ned beheaded someone with important information and was beheaded himself, Ramsey was killed by his dogs, the Night King died the way his former human self was killed, the Mountain died in a fire after burning his Brother. Cersei was burried under crumbling buildings after burrying everyone in the sept.

...this means Drogon will kill Dany. That or Jon since he’s blood of the dragon as well. Leaning on the latter being the likeliest. 

Good observation. 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

I think it was fully in character. She wanted to burn Meereen to the ground due to the Sons of the Harpy killing a few Unsullied. Her going bat $&!# over her pet's head getting lopped off on the city walls was to be expected. 

I don't recall her wanting to "Burn Meereen to the ground". I recall her executing the Masters, but that's because of what they did to those children.

According to D & D, she "snapped":

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/game-of-thrones/exactly-what-made-dany-snap-according-to-the-game-of-thrones-producers/ar-AABiLyP?li=AAggNb9

"I don't think she decided ahead of time that she was going to do what she did. And then, she sees the Red Keep, which is to her the home that her family built when they first came over to this country 300 years ago. It's in that moment on the walls of King's Landing when she is looking at that symbol of everything that was taken from her that's when she makes the decision to make this personal."

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

hmm no. 

Doesn't add up. The hound didn't burn anyone to death. Cercei didn't bury people alive, she literally exploded them to bits. Ramsey didn't kill very many with his dogs, he used them to hunt them down and intimidate them. He was a bolton, which means he either killed them the good old fashioned way or flayed them.  What about Robb Stark ? he didn't kill anyone having a meal or taking a dump....Theon ? Rickon Stark ? etc etc. 

He fed several girls to his dogs. He named his hounds after the killed  ;) 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't recall her wanting to "Burn Meereen to the ground". I recall her executing the Masters, but that's because of what they did to those children.

According to D & D, she "snapped":

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/game-of-thrones/exactly-what-made-dany-snap-according-to-the-game-of-thrones-producers/ar-AABiLyP?li=AAggNb9

You recall the scene Tyrion where he tempers her in the throne room of the pyramid in Meereen? She threatened to do exactly that. Then last season she did it again after Theon and Yara loose their fleet to Euron and Jon tells her burning cities to the ground is just more of the same. She may not have had in her mind to do so and she snapped back to her natural tendencies. I think her words and actions have lead up to this. 

Edited by Gnarcore

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Random thought: Back in season 7, Melisandre said that she had done her part by bringing Fire and Ice together, but as it turned out, she hadn't.

Since the whole thing is based on A Song of Ice and Fire, maybe that supports the idea that eventually Dany's fate is tied to a Stark? That would pretty much have to be Arya, although I suppose Bran could have some bearing as well.

John is Ice and Fire, he is Stark and Targ.

I am sure Arya has a role to play but don't know what it is.  I do wonder if it doesn't make its way back to Winterfell where the rest of the living cast all are.

The horse is the horse from the leader of the Golden company, Bran may have played a role but in the era of horse borne combat, stray horses in a battle field is not an uncommon thing.  Of all the logical leaps that have been made that was a minor one for people to complain about.

Didn't want to see the Mad-Queen or the Dark Daeneris or whatever we want to call it but man it was some serious badassery.

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's possible, but I have my doubts. Being a Targ doesn't make one fireproof as Viserys showed. Dany is a special case.

Although I do admit that Jon appears to be entirely wight proof and Bolton proof.....

I'm betting on Jon for War of the Roses reasons. ;) 

I will say though her character flaw has always been there. 

I want to break the wheel but only after everyone kneels to me. 

That isn't breaking the wheel, that is driving it.

Breaking the wheel would have been leveling the red keep and the heads of whatever great families remained and riding her dragon off into the sunset.

44 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

You recall the scene Tyrion where he tempers her in the throne room of the pyramid in Meereen? She threatened to do exactly that. Then last season she did it again after Theon and Yara loose their fleet to Euron and Jon tells her burning cities to the ground is just more of the same. She may not have had in her mind to do so and she snapped back to her natural tendencies. I think her words and actions have lead up to this. 

I remember all of that. I also remember cooler heads (Barristan, Varys, Jorah, Tyrion) always being able to talk her out of doing something that would make her no different than they tyrants she wanted to depose....

...until this time.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I remember all of that. I also remember cooler heads (Barristan, Varys, Jorah, Tyrion) always being able to talk her out of doing something that would make her no different than they tyrants she wanted to depose....

...until this time.

Just like Missandei....she lost her head.....   

;) 

48 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I will say though her character flaw has always been there. 

I want to break the wheel but only after everyone kneels to me. 

That isn't breaking the wheel, that is driving it.

Breaking the wheel would have been leveling the red keep and the heads of whatever great families remained and riding her dragon off into the sunset.

I think the revenge angle would have made perfect sense, had  Dany flew straight to the Red Keep and burned it to the ground. Murdering all of those innocent people was a full psychotic break, IMO.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the revenge angle would have made perfect sense, had  Dany flew straight to the Red Keep and burned it to the ground. Murdering all of those innocent people was a full psychotic break, IMO.

Well sure, from a medical perspective, she has a family history, is about the right age to see schizophrenia appear and she has been under a lot of stress lately.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Well sure, from a medical perspective, she has a family history, is about the right age to see schizophrenia appear and she has been under a lot of stress lately.

For sure.....it's really too bad Westeros hasn't discovered Lithium yet....

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

how is it any different from killing all the masters indiscriminately ? 

or threatening to burn Qarth to the ground ? or threatening to burn Astapor, Yunkai and Volantis to the ground ? Or wanting to burn Kings Landing multiple times ? Its not a psychotic break if you keep wanting to do something for years and then you do it, along with doing similar acts of genocide/mass murder in the past, just less 'flame'-boyant....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Brag could warg into Drogon and fry Dany.