The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

To be honest I don't like this sort of stuff. It leverages the content of the show for its own purpose, as noble as it may be, and kills the magic of the show.

You are a horrible human being

people have an emotional attachment to sansa because she's a main character but whatever, just ignore the people crying. They always find something to complain about.

Like I said earlier, my outrage is due to having seen Sansa as an actress since she was 12, and no sooner has she turned 'legal', she's thrown into a newly-written, especially for her, rape-but-not-rape scene. It's jarring, and not in a positive way. All of those incidents listed above were in the books and were not shocks, but creating new content like this wasn't cricket.

Like I said earlier, my outrage is due to having seen Sansa as an actress since she was 12, and no sooner has she turned 'legal', she's thrown into a newly-written, especially for her, rape-but-not-rape scene. It's jarring, and not in a positive way. All of those incidents listed above were in the books and were not shocks, but creating new content like this wasn't cricket.

You know what happened to Jeyne in the books, right?

Did you really think that Sansa was going to treated "nicely" by Ramsay Bolton? He was being polite up to that point because he had to make sure that Sansa would agree to the wedding, but once they were married, he had no reason to continue with his charade and the real Ramsay was back.

Hate to say it but the show feels less interesting to me as the season goes. That episode seemed like 95% filler and overall it feels slow like you know exactly what is being implied and happening for weeks at a time now.

Still a good show but dipping IMO.

Hate to say it but the show feels less interesting to me as the season goes. That episode seemed like 95% filler and overall it feels slow like you know exactly what is being implied and happening for weeks at a time now.

Still a good show but dipping IMO.

Yeah. That's what conventional 'good' tv shows do. They drop you hints on like episode 3 and reveal the 'twist' in say episode 6. In previous seasons they didn't rely on that; they purposely confuse us (Roose Bolton letting Jaime go), open narrative gaps without feeling obligated to close them (who tried to kill Bran? Who killed Jon Arryn? What happened to the Blackfish?), and shockers just happen without the need to tell us before. Now it feels like a grind to move the storylines forward.

To be fair, many of the great mysteries of the books were resolved by end of book 3/season 4, so perhaps HBO is working with 'lesser' material as well. It's hard to tell.

Crapz hitting the fanz in episode 7. This is a good one but for one awkward way to handle a major scene.

The Sansa thing isn't even that big of a deal. Relax. There's been much worse on the show.

Whatever you do though, don't read the books. If you are outraged by that, I can't even imagine your reaction to the parts of the novel involving the woman whos name rhymes with pain.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect